Poll: Batman's back breaking in TDKR

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

Do you think Batman's back will be broken? What's your opinion of that happening?

Poll ended at June 25th, 2012, 3:16 am

I think Nolan will break his back...but I'm hoping otherwise :cry:
2%
I don't think Nolan will go that far...but I'd support it if he did
34%
Nolan will break his back...and I fully support that decison
7%
I don't think Nolan will break his back...I wouldn't want to break it either
37%
I don't know...but I hope he does it
7%
I don't know...but I hope he doesn't
12%

Total votes: 41

SantomTheWhite wrote:it's like my post in the other thread....a 20 minute sequence of Bale and Hardy boxing/martial arts fighting from the roof, to the streets, to the alleys....everyone is crowding around and following..helicopters...tv cameras. The fight of the century. People chanting "bat-man!, bat-man!, bat-man!"...that's too Rocky or whatever but something better than that but similar would be badass.
This reminds me of the Spiderman movies which I freakin hate.

Crazy Eight wrote:NO and NO.

I'm fine with Batman getting the shit kicked out of him, but breaking his back is just stupid.
96/100
and sigh

i'm so happy with Nolan including this.
Props to the man :clap:

MakioG wrote:
i'm so happy with Nolan including this.
Props to the man :clap:
Such an iconic moment. Nolan respects the legacy.

Hell yeah! I had chills while watching that scene. Just shows how powerful Bane is that he can lift Batman so effortlessly.

I still remember my reaction when I watched it the first time - I wanted it to happen because it is such an incredible moment in the comics, but at the same time, I was so afraid for Bruce. I was like "Fuck yeah!" and "OMG No No No" at the same time. :lol:

Looking back on this, I'm glad this happened, because I feel Nolan dealt with it the right way.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Despite all the rumors, I didn't expect it. I didn't think Nolan would actually directly put a scene from the comics into one of his movies. I liked it a lot, though I'm not a comic reader. It was a nice wink to all the comic fans, very symbolic.

Initially, when Bane was announced as the villain in this film, immediately I thought about Bane breaking Batman's back. That's pretty much what he's known and famous for in the comic book world; the man that broke the bat. Before the film's release, I really didn't think that it would happen. I just believed that Batman would get hurt...a lot. While watching that intense scene and seeing Bane punching him in the cowl like that, I believed anything would happen. The second I saw Bane lift Batman over his head, all that ran through my mind was, "oh my goodness, he's gonna do it." He did.

That entire fight between them shocked me because I literally didn't expect Nolan to go that far, but he did. It worked effectively. I think that's the most intense scene out the entire trilogy. I literally didn't fear for Batman until that moment. Nolan, Bale, Hardy and crew did a great job. Definitely one of the most memorable scenes out the trilogy.

Sarei88 wrote:Initially, when Bane was announced as the villain in this film, immediately I thought about Bane breaking Batman's back. That's pretty much what he's known and famous for in the comic book world; the man that broke the bat. Before the film's release, I really didn't think that it would happen. I just believed that Batman would get hurt...a lot. While watching that intense scene and seeing Bane punching him in the cowl like that, I believed anything would happen. The second I saw Bane lift Batman over his head, all that ran through my mind was, "oh my goodness, he's gonna do it." He did.

That entire fight between them shocked me because I literally didn't expect Nolan to go that far, but he did. It worked effectively. I think that's the most intense scene out the entire trilogy. I literally didn't fear for Batman until that moment. Nolan, Bale, Hardy and crew did a great job. Definitely one of the most memorable scenes out the trilogy.
Absolutely agree with you. When it was released that Bane would be the villain in the film I was so certain that Batman's back would be broken. However, my opinion changed over time and the release of all the promotional material made me believe it wouldn't happen. But I seriously loved that Nolan had the guts to do something that dramatic and serious to his protagonist, and that scene makes me feel really sick. Which is a good thing.

oracle86 wrote:Hell yeah! I had chills while watching that scene. Just shows how powerful Bane is that he can lift Batman so effortlessly.

I still remember my reaction when I watched it the first time - I wanted it to happen because it is such an incredible moment in the comics, but at the same time, I was so afraid for Bruce. I was like "Fuck yeah!" and "OMG No No No" at the same time. :lol:
This
People cheers on Bane in my showing :( (morbid :lol: )