Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Mason01 wrote:
BlairCo wrote:Becuase you can see Gary Oldman's backdoor?
Precisely.
I was sure this was the reason :lol:

I hope she'll get a cowl too! Maybe towards the end. Well if she thinks about hiding her identity at some moment :think:

Her identity could be a problem. Without any sort of cowl, she's a lot more exposed to the world. But you know, I'm not complaining because it isn't a big issue for me. It really does depend on what she does, where she goes and what kind of rules she may have as to talking to the citizens of Gotham, if you get where I'm coming from.

Mason01 wrote:Her identity could be a problem. Without any sort of cowl, she's a lot more exposed to the world. But you know, I'm not complaining because it isn't a big issue for me. It really does depend on what she does, where she goes and what kind of rules she may have as to talking to the citizens of Gotham, if you get where I'm coming from.
Hey, if Clark Kent is convincing with only just glasses, I'm sure Selina Kyle can keep just as much a low-profile.

Sub-Thread: Do you think TDKR's Selina Kyle will be as emotionally f*cked up as Batman Return's Selina Kyle?

I honestly loved Selina in Batman Returns, she really epitomized the ideal "crazy girlfriend" She was completely sane, yet at the same time she was so deranged and disturbed. Do you think we are going to get this type of craziness from TDKR's Selina? I'm not sure why, but I just keep getting the feeling that Nolan is going to portray her as some very level-headed thief who's pretty down to earth. Then again, no one thought TDK's Joker would be crazier than Jack's Joker, and we all know how that turned out...

Samsara17 wrote:Sub-Thread: Do you think TDKR's Selina Kyle will be as emotionally f*cked up as Batman Return's Selina Kyle?

I honestly loved Selina in Batman Returns, she really epitomized the ideal "crazy girlfriend" She was completely sane, yet at the same time she was so deranged and disturbed. Do you think we are going to get this type of craziness from TDKR's Selina? I'm not sure why, but I just keep getting the feeling that Nolan is going to portray her as some very level-headed thief who's pretty down to earth. Then again, no one thought TDK's Joker would be crazier than Jack's Joker, and we all know how that turned out...
I have no way to tell. From all of the filming footage and the filming pictures, Selina seems to be very confident, laid back and, well, normal. But one couldn't and shouldn't make the judgement from filming footage. I personally think that she'll be pretty complex in character, but in no way will she share in similarities to Selina in Batman Returns, mentally. But time will tell, and I think the next trailer may give us some indication as to how she acts in the film. Mentally, and physically.

Samsara17 wrote:Sub-Thread: Do you think TDKR's Selina Kyle will be as emotionally f*cked up as Batman Return's Selina Kyle?

No, I don't think she will be as crazy as in Batman Returns. Considering the fact that Hathaway's is a stripper (right?) and that she
steals the batpod
she will most likely be a rebellious and independent type. It seems like Hathaway's personality and way of acting is such that she can't really play crazy without making it look like a comedy. Nolan would make her a feisty character (think Zeta-Jones from Entrapment or even some of the Bond girls).

So I guess you could say that she will be "troubled', as in she probably has emotional struggle but it won't be as apparent as Pfieffer's.

Vakarian wrote:Considering the fact that Hathaway's is a stripper (right?) and that she
steals the batpod
That isn't confirmed, it was just a rumour that circulated a while ago about her "profession".

However, concerning what you said in the spoiler tags, that's really difficult to judge because of the footage we've received recently. I'm not a hundred perfect on that yet, but it does seem likely.

She might not have stolen the Batpod either. If she and Batman are in good terms, he might've given it to her to help him out and since he upgraded to the Batwing.

TalkOnCorners wrote:
She might not have stolen the Batpod either. If she and Batman are in good terms, he might've given it to her to help him out and since he upgraded to the Batwing.
I reckon she lures batman for some action, Batman is like.. "Dat ASS" so he is thinking he is going to get lucky tonight... lol psyche ... and she goes and takes it from him

TalkOnCorners wrote:
I'm going to have to disagree with you a little bit. She's an anti-villain. For the first half, or at least three quarters of the film, she'll be like a sub-villain; doing what she thinks is right. And my theory is she'll steal from Wayne Enterprises, becuase we need at least one scene with a classic-looking Catwoman doing what she does best. But Selina and Bruce find out about each others secret lives and start an ally.