Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I was thinking about something that struck me as both funny and really cool. Selina ended up getting everything she wanted. She wanted the Clean Slate. Yep got it. She wanted a storm to come to show the rich up. Got that too. Though had a change of heart about it. And she wanted Waynes' Pearls. Which she most definitely got. And because Hathaway was just so awesome and funny we wanted her to get everything she wanted. Win win.

^ Yes yes! :-D

BatMan528491 wrote:
Breck12 wrote:How was Selina able to fight so well? I mean at one point she looked better that the batman himself! I don't think she should have been able to fight at such a level. Just felt off for a nolan bat film.
Yes, the Batman. Who retired for 8 years, didn't leave his mansion, was crippled (broken leg, and many other problems we found out about during Bruce's checkup), and had his back broken...

Yeah, you know what, fuck Nolan. It is too hard to believe that a very fit and strong Selina Kyle might be able to fight better than a broken, old, and retired Bruce Wayne... :facepalm:
I'm talking before his broken back tho and I'm not saying fuck Nolan. The trained killers and mercs (as said by selina and batman) didn't even feel like a threat worthy of being in the league of shadows at all or even being called as such. Just saying they should have been able to be more of a force in the movie.

AT THE BALL:

Quote:

The pearls slid off her neck into his other hand. She glared at him again, then surprised him by lunging forward and kissing him hard. Breathless, he let her slip away into the crowd. By the time he recovered from the kiss, she already had a decent head start on him. He tried to limp after her, but his bad knee slowed him down.

Within moments, she had vanished from sight.

What was all that about? he thought. Not that I’m complaining.

—-

Tucking the pearls safely into his pocket, he headed for the exit. The taste of her kiss still lingered on his lips.

AFTER THEY ESCAPE BANE’S MEN ON THE ROOFTOP AND HE LANDS THE BAT:

Quote:

He followed her onto the roof where he took a moment to admire her skintight outfit - which struck him as both practical and flattering. He of all people had to appreciate a flare for the dramatic.

—-

He was careful to use his “Batman growl”. She seemed to have a way of putting two-and-two together, and he didn’t want her to recognize him - especially after that kiss.

SELINA’S BETRAYAL IN THE SEWERS:

Quote:

“Let’s not stand on ceremony here, Mr. Wayne.”

Batman wasn’t surprised that Bane knew his true identity. The man was connected to the League of Shadows, after all - he likely had heard of Bruce Wayne’s tangled history with Ra’s Al Ghul.

Catwoman, on the other hand, was visibly taken aback by the revelation. A look of regret came over her face, as though she was having second thoughts about betraying him.

Too late now, he thought. Selina Kyle was the least of his concerns at the moment.

WHEN SHE ASKS HIM TO LEAVE WITH HER:

Quote:

He just stood there silently as if waiting for her to change her mind. She found herself wishing that their paths had crossed under different circumstances. But perhaps it wasn’t too late…

“Come with me,” she implored. “Save yourself. You don’t owe these people any more. You’ve given them everything.”

“Not everything,” he said. “Not yet.”

JUST BEFORE SHE KISSES HIM A SECOND TIME:

Quote:

“You could have gone anywhere,” she said. “Been anything. But you came back here.”

“So did you,” he reminded her.

“I guess we’re both suckers.” She stepped closer and wrapped her arm around his neck. She kissed him, not defiantly like before, not as a challenge, but tenderly and with feeling. He kissed her back, wishing that this moment could be longer, that they had more time.

http://thecatandthebat.tumblr.com/post/ ... ark-knight
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

Last edited by CallMeSelina on April 30th, 2015, 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by CallMeSelina on April 30th, 2015, 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

CallMeSelina wrote:
Breck12 wrote: Guess he didn't need to explain it but a extremely thin woman making trained killers and mercenaries look like crap doesn't bother you guys slightly? She should have atleast taken some hits thou.
As a thin woman who kickboxes competitively I find this absurd. By the way, it has nothing to do with how thin you are.

And furthermore, Selina Kyle has had a history as colorful as her fighting abilities. While they didn't touch on that, someone else here mentioned that she's been in and out of prison since she was a teenager. I think that says enough about her survival instinct and the kind of ability that's needed in order to endure.
Welcome to my Friends list.

CallMeSelina wrote:
Breck12 wrote: Guess he didn't need to explain it but a extremely thin woman making trained killers and mercenaries look like crap doesn't bother you guys slightly? She should have atleast taken some hits thou.
As a thin woman who kickboxes competitively I find this absurd. By the way, it has nothing to do with how thin you are.

And furthermore, Selina Kyle has had a history as colorful as her fighting abilities. While they didn't touch on that, someone else here mentioned that she's been in and out of prison since she was a teenager. I think that says enough about her survival instinct and the kind of ability that's needed in order to endure.
Thanks for the input but maybe I should break it down like this then. I still don't buy the colorful history and jail time explanation but I'm willing to drop it. My problem lies mostly with the over the top fighting she displays. Would you agree it is effecient and functional in a brawl against other trained physical male fighters?

sorry to ask, but can someone tell me how I can get a profile pic? ;p

Was this shot actually in the film? I don't seem to remember it.