Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
It seems the writer doesn't like catwomans suit. I remember the first thing about the suit on the internet was an article which said, that it will be more tactical and less sexy. Then the first pictures arrived and Hathaway looked sexy as hell. Also how Nolan managed the catears is just brilliant and the one figured this out from the beginning is a genius too.

The heels are a mistake. I can already imagine Catwoman taking her shoes off and running around barefoot when the fighting gets really intense. Didn't realize Nolan was such a Die Hard fan. :facepalm:

Rukia wrote:The heels are a mistake. I can already imagine Catwoman taking her shoes off and running around barefoot when the fighting gets really intense. Didn't realize Nolan was such a Die Hard fan. :facepalm:
The heels are always a mistake, but also the fact that nobody can provide a valid point as to why they don´t like Nolan´s Catwoman. First, the hair (really?) and now the heels? We need a World War 3 to clean the world of idiots.

Who are you to say so? The creator of Catwoman?

As it stands the statement "The heels are always a mistake" is what? Right, just your personal opinion or taste! It is backed with....well basically nothing else!

To my opinion a statement sort of: Selina's/Catwoman's hair must be black when it is backed with the argument "cause it is black in all the comics!" has much more credit! It is a comic (book) adaption after all so there is a need to respect and reflect the existing source material!(if there is a change it should be for a strong reason and why should Catwoman's portrayal or the movie be better with brown hair? :mrgreen: )

I would really prefer therefore that you put your comic knowledge on display here and indicate at least some reference material: "In this essential/famous story she wears flat boots!"
(you know which story for instance! ;) )

A lot of people seem to quickly forget that this is a Nolan fans forum, not a Batman fans forum. More often than not the sort of opinions and ideas you'll find here are not based in comics or folklore, but in Nolan's personal vision.

Jus' sayin'.

Rukia wrote:The heels are a mistake. I can already imagine Catwoman taking her shoes off and running around barefoot when the fighting gets really intense. Didn't realize Nolan was such a Die Hard fan. :facepalm:
The fact that the stuntwoman has to wear boots, and Anne has to change into boots for some scenes proves how unrealistic the heels are. But we just have to roll our eyes and go "okay, this is totally fake, but let's suspend or disbelief". Why in the fuck couldn't Catwoman just wear boots to begin with?

@thedisabledcubicle

How can somebody (not really close to him) possibly know Nolan's personal vision of the movie? So how can the ideas and opinions be based off it?

To me as I said it could "just" be their OWN ideas and opinions which is perfectly fine but then how could that be the basis of judging a detail as a "mistake" when the Batman fan is able to say "because it is in that or that comic" and the Nolan fan basically just "because I don't like it"?

Isn't there a definition for "mistake"?

Good remind though! :thumbup:

xxstefanx wrote:Who are you to say so? The creator of Catwoman?

As it stands the statement "The heels are always a mistake" is what? Right, just your personal opinion or taste! It is backed with....well basically nothing else!

To my opinion a statement sort of: Selina's/Catwoman's hair must be black when it is backed with the argument "cause it is black in all the comics!" has much more credit! It is a comic (book) adaption after all so there is a need to respect and reflect the existing source material!(if there is a change it should be for a strong reason and why should Catwoman's portrayal or the movie be better with brown hair? :mrgreen: )

I would really prefer therefore that you put your comic knowledge on display here and indicate at least some reference material: "In this essential/famous story she wears flat boots!"
(you know which story for instance! ;) )
with your twisted logic, i will say that the movie doesn´t have to have a soundtrack, because tere´s no music in the comics and the movie should have subtitles, because you read a comic and you should read the movie also.

I shouldn't imagine that any major movie director worth his salt is willing to make a 'mistake' and then let it remain in the final product.
Mistakes happen on set; accidents or fluffed lines. Some mistakes, like an improvised line of dialogue, can even make it into the final product for a good reason.
But Nolan doesn't strike me as a man that makes mistakes, not when it's something that is brought up in the writing process. He clearly feels that the suspension of disbelief of this movie is enough so that after having watched it you won't come out of the cinema thinking 'uh, she was wearing heels', but it will be 'wow, that was totally worth the price of admission and the hype'. And that's all you can hope to think after this. 'Wow, that was worth it, and I can't wait to buy the whole trilogy'.
Of course the stunt woman is wearing flatter boots; she's riding a massive, unrealistic, motorbike in real life. Maybe Nolan thinks that high heels are significant enough to Selina that we should be able to gloss over this during the spectacle. Maybe she'll be piercing a goons cheek with that heel later?

I'm personally more of a Batman fan than a Nolan fan, but I make sure to keep in mind where I'm posting. If anyone really thinks that Nolan is doing a disservice to these characters then go film your own low-budget version. Draw a few panels of what you think they should look like. I bet you'll feel better. And then take them to an internet forum and watch everyone disagree with you.

@CM_punk
Aaah...so disappointed that you erased your original reply with the 5 points! Would have been so much fun! :cry:

But seriously all I was saying is that you are of course entitled to your opinion and that is perfectly fine with me!

And of course Nolan does not need to slavishly copy the comics. If you adapt a book or a comic there is existing source materal which results in you not being completly free in terms of creation. Nolan wants HIS story to tell and therefore he surely can take freedoms from the source materail if needed and if the story would be better told that way no doubt about that
(but again, how would the story be better with brown hair?)

Nolan has paid tribute to the reference material in the first two films (Year One, Long Halloween, etc.). There are important stories with Catwoman having flat boots, and others with heels! Nolan chose the latter maybe for a special reason (i think), maybe not? We most likely won't know until we have seen the final movie! But again, it is not a mistake!(as it is backed with the source material!)

Btw there are a few movies out there without a (music) soundtrack! If you try you might wonder how intense that can be!
And second I even do not have problems with subtitles! This way I always keep me away from the whole Hollywood remake nonsense as the originals like "Let the Right one in" are already perfect and there is basically no need to remake them! Swedish with English subtitles? Perfectly fine for me! 2 Days till FIlmfest Hamburg! :twothumbsup: