An Academy Award Winner Will be Lensing This Film!

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Anita18 wrote:Does anyone have a link to Wally's acceptance speech? I really want to see what he had to say and was at a party so I didn't watch. :lol:

“Good God, what have you done? Thank you so much, this is a phenomenal honor for me. Thank you to the Academy for this great honor and for the respect you have shown for all cinematographers. I got to take a breath here for a minute. Breathe it in for a second. Where’s that thing that shows you how much time, there it goes. None of what I did would have been possible without the incredible vision of my master Christopher Nolan. His work…you’re taking up my time. His work has inspired me for 12 years and continues to, he’s a brilliant filmmaker as we all know. Much thanks to Emma Nolan, to Warner Brothers, to my fantastic union crew, and my family, Anna, Nick, Claire, and Mia and to my Mom and Dad. Thanks so much!”

Wally Pfister, Inception Achievement in Cinematography

Haha, I forgot he said Emma Nolan instead of Thomas...

And, while looking for that article I found a different (albeit small) photo of Joker Bank filming

Videos are better:
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

apw
:lol: at his glasses on his head.

He was very overwhelmed. Lovely speech.

antsman41 wrote:
Anita18 wrote:Does anyone have a link to Wally's acceptance speech? I really want to see what he had to say and was at a party so I didn't watch. :lol:

“Good God, what have you done? Thank you so much, this is a phenomenal honor for me. Thank you to the Academy for this great honor and for the respect you have shown for all cinematographers. I got to take a breath here for a minute. Breathe it in for a second. Where’s that thing that shows you how much time, there it goes. None of what I did would have been possible without the incredible vision of my master Christopher Nolan. His work…you’re taking up my time. His work has inspired me for 12 years and continues to, he’s a brilliant filmmaker as we all know. Much thanks to Emma Nolan, to Warner Brothers, to my fantastic union crew, and my family, Anna, Nick, Claire, and Mia and to my Mom and Dad. Thanks so much!”

Wally Pfister, Inception Achievement in Cinematography

Haha, I forgot he said Emma Nolan instead of Thomas...

And, while looking for that article I found a different (albeit small) photo of Joker Bank filming
:lol: :lol: :lol: Awww, I love Wally, he's so cool.
Cilogy wrote:Videos are better:
YAY I love you guys. :) And yeah the glasses on his head were WTF but he's an Oscar winner so who cares. :twothumbsup:

The glasses on the head thing is real. ;) real life. that's why nolan's 'real life' vision for films attract 'real life' people. ;)

I've never really cared about the academy awards but Christopher Nolan's gonna win best director for Citizen Hughes in three years time or something, I'm pretty confident about that, it's gonna be inevitable by then.
:judge:

I posted it over on the Oscars thread not realising someone had beaten me to it here! :D There's also a link to his backstage interview there which is kinda funny as he seems to just walk off mid answer a few times.
antsman41 wrote:Haha, I forgot he said Emma Nolan instead of Thomas...
Chris called her that in an interview a few years back too...

steveportee wrote:And directed by academy award winner Christoph....never mind :facepalm:
:lol: :facepalm:

Sara wrote:
antsman41 wrote:Haha, I forgot he said Emma Nolan instead of Thomas...
Well they ARE married so it wouldn't surprise me if she legally changed her name to Nolan but still uses Thomas for work so it isn't quite so obvious that Nolan's only hiring within the family...Having Jonah in the mix is bad enough! :lol:

Anita18 wrote:
Sara wrote:
Well they ARE married so it wouldn't surprise me if she legally changed her name to Nolan but still uses Thomas for work so it isn't quite so obvious that Nolan's only hiring within the family...Having Jonah in the mix is bad enough! :lol:
Yeah I know, although I think everyone surely knows about his nepotistic tendencies by now?! ;)

And isn't it producer hires director technically? Which reminded me of this -

"We did a little bit of press a couple of weeks ago," begins Thomas, "and the first question I got asked was 'So why did you hire Christopher Nolan as Director?' and I didn’t know quite what to say. Chris afterwards said 'You should have said it was because you needed a new kitchen.'" (from here during Batman Begins times) :lol: