[SPOILERS] Production in Pittsburgh

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I have a quick little story from the shoot at Heinz Field.

So everyone knows (and has probably heard the audio) that Bane spoke there. After the first take in which there was no voice heard for the audience, Hardy asked Nolan if he could really use the microphone and speak to the audience. Nolan was not too happy at all but he obliged.

And I've heard that his voice is "almost guaranteed" to be altered in post.
From the SHH forums, thanks to Yurka.

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
BoneronFire wrote:Can someone guess what the device is that Gordon and Daniel Sunjata's characters are using in these scenes? Check it out:

Gordon checking the device, showing Miranda Tate the reading:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUzqEN8NdaI

Daniel Sunjata checking the device:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69a0xqzG ... ure=relmfu
Well, JGL marks something on the wall in that second scene. They might be scouting locations for... something.
Well, it looks almost as if JGL tries to mark the wall without Sunjata seeing. You see Sunjata stare at it like, "WTF?! What did he do that for?"

thedisabledcubicle wrote:Whatever it is, its probably stolen from WayneTech. LOL.
Nope. It's standard device. Sunjata, JGL, and Gordon are all using it. Why would the police steal stuff from WayneTech?

RomanM wrote:Oh my. I can't imagine what I would have done if I saw Chris and co roaming about.
Lol I was just thinking that, not sure what I would say but I definitely would have too say something.

Mason01 wrote:
I have a quick little story from the shoot at Heinz Field.

So everyone knows (and has probably heard the audio) that Bane spoke there. After the first take in which there was no voice heard for the audience, Hardy asked Nolan if he could really use the microphone and speak to the audience. Nolan was not too happy at all but he obliged.

And I've heard that his voice is "almost guaranteed" to be altered in post.
It ready sounded like Tom was just fucking around. Not for one second I thought that was going to be how Bane sounds. And if it really is... well I will just deal
Say Girl

I reckon the markings JGL is doing is like from No Mans Land and also i realised what the devices are that they are holding - they are checking for RADIATION possibly nuclear - makes sense given theres a REACTOR scene in Los Angeles being filmed - plus also there was a REACTOR mentioned in Batman Begins - i reckon Bane and Talia do actually take down the Reator and spread radiation around gotham making it a NO MANS LAND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B1gNME5 ... re=related

I stumbled upon this and didn't remember seeing it online before. Sorry if it was posted here already. You can see the filming a little more up close. It was one of the "rehearsal" or "test" shots. They ran it through like this a couple time before actually doing a real take (and it then looked more real with more players actually trying to tackle Mr. Ward.)

Redsmile wrote:
Mason01 wrote:
It ready sounded like Tom was just fucking around. Not for one second I thought that was going to be how Bane sounds. And if it really is... well I will just deal
Yeah, I'm thinking no. I mean, the beauty of a masked character (i.e. over mouth) is you can get just about any voice actor on earth to come in and be the James Earl Jones to Nolan's David Prowse.

darkest_knight wrote:
Redsmile wrote:
Yeah, I'm thinking no. I mean, the beauty of a masked character (i.e. over mouth) is you can get just about any voice actor on earth to come in and be the James Earl Jones to Nolan's David Prowse.
i want Morgan Freeman's voice in the new Batman. Not as bane, but i want atleast one quote from him. For me, hes the one who made the Final scenes of The Dark Knight more powerful. His voice is just epic.

darkest_knight wrote:
Redsmile wrote:

that would cheapen Tom's performance and undermine the admiration Nolan has for him as an actor and his capabilities.

And the voice Tom was doing is how he is going to sound. The problem is youre not hearing in context so its hard to imagine what kind of frightening effect it can have. You have to know the rhythm of the scene, the atmosphere, and all sorts of elements that are integral to the scene that you have no way of knowing when you're watching a scene being shot.