[SPOILERS] Production in Pittsburgh

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
The actions scenes in this movie are going to be amazing. I can't wait to see the finished product on the big screen. Everything with Catwoman on the Batpod, the multiple tumblers...it all sounds so godly. I don't know how Chris Nolan does it.

Goku Goes Crazy wrote:The actions scenes in this movie are going to be amazing. I can't wait to see the finished product on the big screen. Everything with Catwoman on the Batpod, the multiple tumblers...it all sounds so godly. I don't know how Chris Nolan does it.
Goku! I'm glad you're finally a member of the forums!

Batwing looks lame. I hope it can shoot some rockets otherwise I'll suicide.

I feel like this is getting closer and closer to "out of control" and people are just rolling along with it.

Hey, I trust Nolan, and I'm sure this film with be mounds of fun, but I just hope this film is as deep as TDK and BB were. I would rather have that and sacrifice the gadgetry/big-ass vehicles.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

seems like WB made Nolan up the ante on the action, to give him the ending he wanted...

it went something like this

Nolan slowly walked around the room with a mesmerizing gait. All the WB execs watched him in amazement. What is he going to do? What is he going to do? The excitement was getting unbearable. Nolan began to do the magic fingers thing. One by one he pierced every person in the room with his gaze...communicating telepathically he asked them "are you ready?" They couldn't move. How could they.

It was then that Nolan pulled the veil off the design to reveal...

the Bat Wing

too much? i have a vivid imagination

Cilogy wrote:Hey, I trust Nolan, and I'm sure this film with be mounds of fun, but I just hope this film is as deep as TDK and BB were. I would rather have that and sacrifice the gadgetry/big-ass vehicles.
I understand your concern, but remember all the filming that we haven't and won't see. The exterior stuff in Pittsburgh is only 3 weeks of shooting out of, what, six months shooting? That tells us there are a ton of set/interior scenes, which are likely more dialogue/character focused, and hence more about the "deeper" themes of the story.

Nolan's been very clear that the reason he's doing the film is that he cracked the "thematic conclusion" of his Batman story. This tells me he's been thinking in themes and underlying ideas the whole time, and that any action is meant as an expression/exploration of those themes.

Everybody's trippin about the batwing. This is Christopher f******* Nolan. If you don't like it go watch some other lame a$$ super hero movie.

This is going to be the deepest batman since it's the last. You can tell by the teaser and poster.

Please Nolan no batwing!

Pretty sure this information would have already been posted. It's just a tidbit regarding stunt doubles, which might help people which trying to identify scenes being filmed with the female stunt doubles.

Cotillard
Tracey Ruggerio - Public Enemies and Inception

Hathaway

Sophia Crawford, Bean Peel and Nicola Berwick - Ella Enchanted (2003)
Deborah L. Mazor - The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (2004)
Diana R. Lupo and Shauna Duggins - Get Smart (2008)
Tracey Ruggerio - Bride Wars (2009)

Since Tracey has worked with both, she'd most likely be doing the stunts for Marion than Anne given their past film involvements.. but could be doubling for both.
Last edited by nadine on August 12th, 2011, 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Regarding the image - isn't that just the chassis of the tumbler raised, possibly for maintenance?