Official Casting Rumor Thread

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
talli wrote:and be away from her child

not happening...if its a small part, why would she even compromise seeing her child for a small part?

again...common sense folks...
I think this is a great post.

I'd also like to add just another reason why Cotillard appearing in the film seems impossible. After pregnancy weight loss. Weight loss will be required before she steps on set. I know it's related to her career... but not a lot of women are all that enthusiastic about jumping on a treadmill days after giving birth. Does she want to potentially hold up production because she is having a difficult time getting in shape?

Face it guys. Marion will not be in TDKR. The newspaper made a mistake. A radio program and a couple of publications acting like the Robin Williams thing was a done deal as well. Mistakes happen.

Rukia wrote:
talli wrote:and be away from her child

not happening...if its a small part, why would she even compromise seeing her child for a small part?

again...common sense folks...
I think this is a great post.

I'd also like to add just another reason why Cotillard appearing in the film seems impossible. After pregnancy weight loss. Weight loss will be required before she steps on set. I know it's related to her career... but not a lot of women are all that enthusiastic about jumping on a treadmill days after giving birth. Does she want to potentially hold up production because she is having a difficult time getting in shape?

Face it guys. Marion will not be in TDKR. The newspaper made a mistake. A radio program and a couple of publications acting like the Robin Williams thing was a done deal as well. Mistakes happen.
I dont know, when my mom had my sister (I was 11 at the time), she lost all the baby weight within a few weeks without doing a whole lot, and shes about the size of Cotillard. Now she was extremely lucky, but I am just saying its not impossible

Update:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 79,00.html
Sources also tell PEOPLE that the La Vie en Rose Oscar winner, who is expecting a baby in April with her French actor-director beau Guillaume Canet, signed onto the Batman project Saturday in Paris.

According to sources, Cotillard will start shooting at London's Elstree Studios in mid-June, then move on to locations in Pittsburgh and Los Angeles this summer. Filming is expected to wrap in New York in November, with the picture's release set for July 2012.

apw
Dragon_316ca wrote:Update:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 79,00.html
Sources also tell PEOPLE that the La Vie en Rose Oscar winner, who is expecting a baby in April with her French actor-director beau Guillaume Canet, signed onto the Batman project Saturday in Paris.

According to sources, Cotillard will start shooting at London's Elstree Studios in mid-June, then move on to locations in Pittsburgh and Los Angeles this summer. Filming is expected to wrap in New York in November, with the picture's release set for July 2012.
Elstree Studios is in Hertfordshire which isn't London. Nolan has never shot any of movies in Elstree Studios. They've always used Cardington Airship hangers, Leavesden Studios or Pinewood. And I've never heard Pittsburgh mentioned anywhere.

The location information seems off.

Anyway, it seems like she is going to be in it. :roll:

I'll just have to be grateful it isn't Blake Lively.

If she's in hopefully she'll be as gorgeous as ever

She could well be a new DA to replace Dent or a new lawyer to replace Rachel just as much as Talia Al Ghul.

I don't know, I love Marion and wanted her to be in it, but I have a bad feeling in my gut about this. Just too many actors, hopefully I'll start feeling better about it once we know the basic synopsis and get the trailers out.

CroissantRoll wrote:I don't know, I love Marion and wanted her to be in it, but I have a bad feeling in my gut about this. Just too many actors, hopefully I'll start feeling better about it once we know the basic synopsis and get the trailers out.
It just one more actor than the last batman film. And Chris has shown us he can handle an ensemble cast.

Hi!

I haven't read this Marion Cotillard rumor yet, but if it was in Le Figaro, then it could be real, as this is a serious news paper. Of course they could still make a mistake...

I hope that this is false though, as I don't really want TDKR to turn into Inception 2. I loved Inception but it should just stay Inception as well as Batman should stay Batman. I mean, there's already Hardy, maybe JGL, now Cotillard? There's only DiCaprio and Ellen Page missing for it to become the Inception's cast. Also I don't want to see Cotillard playing Mal a second time. She was great, but it would be too much of the same thing there.

As someone said before, yes, I could see her being Selina's mum, but I hope she won't be Talia. I hope we'll get the truth about the real cast quickly! :think: