Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
prince0gotham wrote:i loved his reaction to the blast before the bat going over the bridge

the character was so ready and willing and he really thought about the kids, he didn't duck, he almost instantaneously just shouted out to warn them and that was so touching
Probably my favorite shot with him is the one after, when he throws his badge. I caught it after my 5th viewing, that feeling when he watches over Gotham and it looks so vast and overwhelming... Amazing scope right there, and he takes the badge and throws it over the bridge, so many emotions right there.

John Blake wrote:
prince0gotham wrote:i loved his reaction to the blast before the bat going over the bridge

the character was so ready and willing and he really thought about the kids, he didn't duck, he almost instantaneously just shouted out to warn them and that was so touching
Probably my favorite shot with him is the one after, when he throws his badge. I caught it after my 5th viewing, that feeling when he watches over Gotham and it looks so vast and overwhelming... Amazing scope right there, and he takes the badge and throws it over the bridge, so many emotions right there.
And a great throwback to Begins, as well. Actively looked out for it on my second viewing last week and was like "aaaahhhh! I see it now!" :lol:

MikaHaeli8 wrote:
John Blake wrote:
And a great throwback to Begins, as well. Actively looked out for it on my second viewing last week and was like "aaaahhhh! I see it now!" :lol:
Yeah, that was a great moment. But if you don't mind me asking, what about it was a throwback to "Begins"? I watched Begins and TDK the night before I saw TDKR, but there was no immediate parallel that stuck out to me.

Also, Mika, I have to give you props for your sig quote. Always makes me happy to see the language I majored in in college getting some love.

Jazzpha wrote:
MikaHaeli8 wrote:
Yeah, that was a great moment. But if you don't mind me asking, what about it was a throwback to "Begins"? I watched Begins and TDK the night before I saw TDKR, but there was no immediate parallel that stuck out to me.

Also, Mika, I have to give you props for your sig quote. Always makes me happy to see the language I majored in in college getting some love.
Bruce throwing the gun in the river after the confrontation with Falcone. Don't worry, it took this forum and a second watch for me to notice it too. :-D

Also, I'm studying Italian at university, too! Double honours, along with History :lol: .
Last edited by MikaHaeli8 on August 14th, 2012, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikaHaeli8 wrote:
Jazzpha wrote:

Bruce throwing the gun in the river after the confrontation with Falcone. Don't worry, it took this forum and a second watch for me to notice it too. :-D

Also, I'm studying Italian at university, too! Double honours, along with History :lol: .
Didn't caught that - nice! With every viewing there's more referencing to both BB and TDK.

MikaHaeli8 wrote:
Jazzpha wrote:

Oooh, nice! And that's also a really cool parallel with the scene where Blake looked at the gun in his hands with horror/disgust after he shot that worker at the construction yard.

I think one of my favorite things about TDKR, which I appreciate more and more with repeat viewings, is how subtle the parallels are between Wayne and Blake. They're there, but it's not like you get bashed over the head with them. Nolan and subtlely go together like a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich on bread made of pure awesome.

Jimmy Kimmel talks to JGL about his role in TDKR (spoilers). Its just the beginning of this clip.

That'd make...three characters from outside the comics appearing in the main DC universe? Harley Quinn, John Blake, and I think Chloe Sullivan from Smallville was also in it at one point.

loop wrote:Looks like Blake may get an appearance in a comic:
DC Comics Co-Publisher Dan DiDio has teased on his facebook page that the character will pop up in DC Comics on a “mission“.
http://insidepulse.com/2012/08/14/dc-en ... -robin-or/
I don't think he'll become part of the DC canon. It'll probably just be a tie-in comic about how he became a cop.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender