bdkreviews talked to Wally Pfister about TDKR (audio)

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
TauHeel05 wrote:On topping "The Dark Knight"...

Wally said, "I read the script two weeks ago and he's done it. Plain and simple, he's done it. A phenomenal script."
No. Stop it. I can't take it anymore.

I am seconds away from DYING. Too much excitement man. Too much for one human being.

Wally said, "I read the script two weeks ago and he's done it. Plain and simple, he's done it. A phenomenal script."
Ofcourse Wally said this you will not read something like "I've read the script 2weeks ago and we have to wait and see if this script works and will top TDK,we have to just wait and see folks"

Yeah duhhhh ofcourse wally says its perfect.

I just wait by thinking this until i see the movie itself.
You wont no i think it cant be a worse movie.But topping TDK or BB will be really hard to do.
What i think is they will end it like with 'Return of the Jedi' a really emotional ending with someone dying in the end of the movie and everyone is safe,because Batman/Bruce knows he is the one and only protector of the city his parents believed in.

Yes, its true Wally isn't going to say anything bad about the script, but the Nolan team have all become experts at being coy, if he didn't believe what he said about the script he would have avoided answering the question.

theweatherman wrote:Yes, its true Wally isn't going to say anything bad about the script, but the Nolan team have all become experts at being coy, if he didn't believe what he said about the script he would have avoided answering the question.
He will never avoid.These days every filmmaker says with there 100% convidence that there movie is superrr.It's all part of the marketing.But he we talking about a Nolan movie 8-) 80% it will be fantastic 20% it will fail like hell.

I'm so pumped!!! Love that kevin smith think that Chris Nolan not nominated for director is ridiculous

chee wrote:

No. Stop it. I can't take it anymore.

I am seconds away from DYING. Too much excitement man. Too much for one human being.
Same here, same here. I actually wasn't as jazzed for TDKR as I was for TDK at this time but now I am.

I get the point that Wally isn't going to say the film is terrible but, also, if he didn't like it I don't think he would have said anything at all. He sounded geniunely excited to me.

Well we have to consider the fact that it's a "phenomenal script" from a cinematographer's point of view.

Then again I don't know Wally and what he knows about scripts, hell, he knows more than I do. :roll:
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Wally Pfister says Nolan had the choice of taking the job or walking away. Obviously Nolan didn't need to do it for the money, I honestly believe he would have walked away if he didn't feel he could top The Dark Knight. That is why I'm extremely excited to see what he has in store for us in The Dark Knight Rises!
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

What's exciting me is that Wally said the opening scene is gonna blow your mind. If it tops the Dark Knight opening, this is gonna be good!

sallygucha wrote:What's exciting me is that Wally said the opening scene is gonna blow your mind. If it tops the Dark Knight opening, this is gonna be good!
I could see it being another heist except with Catwoman.