Tom Hardy as Bane

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

OVERMAN wrote:I don't want him to wear a wrestler mask are you kidding?,
I want him to wear the rapist mask :roll:
I would prefer that the amount of leather in this movie be minimized.

talli wrote:MTV posted this article

The Riddler. Hugo Strange. Deadshot. Killer Croc. What do these iconic Batman villains all have in common? None of them are going to be played by Tom Hardy in "The Dark Knight Rises," contrary to persistent rumors.

Instead, Hardy, who was Christopher Nolan's first new hire for his last Batman movie's cast, is on board for Bane — and to say that we're pumped about this casting is nothing short of an understatement, if you'll forgive the pun.

For those of you who aren't terribly familiar with Bane, the gist of what you need to know about the character is after the jump!

First appearing in the pages of "Batman: Vengeance of Bane" in the early 1990s, the Caped Crusader's heavily muscled rival is also one of his fiercest foes: as a prisoner, he was forced to become a test subject for Venom, a drug that enhanced his physical strength to superhuman levels. The catch is that Bane has to constantly inject himself with Venom or else risk some severe side-effects. Making matters worse, Bane isn't just an unstoppable physical force; he's also a serious mental threat, with wits that are as formidable as his muscles.

In the DC Universe, Bane remains best known for deciphering Batman's secret identity and subsequently breaking the costumed vigilante's back, rendering Gotham's greatest hero a paraplegic. Naturally, not even paralysis can keep Bats off his feet for long, and he eventually provided Bane with the proper dose of justice he deserved.

Exactly how Nolan and Hardy deal with Bane remains to be seen, though it's a safe bet that the character's intelligence will be featured much more prominently than it was in "Batman & Robin," his laughable first appearance on the silver screen. It'll be interesting to see how Nolan deals with Bane's Venom-infused strength, too. Will it physically alter his body as is the case in the comics? Will it simply yield a psychological effect? Nolan's sensibilities lead us to think it's the latter, but the man does love his curveballs: perhaps he'll find a way to ground Bane's power in reality.

doesn't the title make perfect sense now? Bane puts Batman into retirement, but.....The Dark Knight Rises
WOW!!! IT ALL MAKE PERFECT SENSE NOW.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

Cool bane picture

talli wrote:my predictions for Bane

1. he will not wear a leotard
2. he will not wear a wrestler's mask
3. his fighting outfit is gonna be reminiscent to something of the league of shadows
4. he is not going to be of colossal size...probably same build as Bale in Begins
5. He is not going to be wrestling (The man has learned various martial arts disciplines, for god's sake why would he resort to wrestling)
6. the fighting sequences are going to be highly choreographed through some form of martial arts
7. He will have a smooth Spanish accent

He will most likely wear the mask in some form maybe a little altered but the mask is very much part of him. While Nolan's previous incarnations of villains were different they still highly resemble their comic counterparts. Joker, Scarecrow, Two Face all look like their respective characters even Liam Neeson & Ken Wattanabe both had elements of the comic Ras Al Ghul.

Bane will look like Bane. And while I feel much liberty may be taken with the outfit the mask will probably not change too much.

RomanM wrote:
chee wrote:As long as he isn't wearing that supid tank top, I'm fine with the character. Even though the wrestler mask is stupid too.
Why is it stupid? What is the issue with these things? I don't understand.
Just a personal opinion. I don't really care if the mask is in the movie or not.

This Bane guy..

Is he supposed to be older or younger than Bruce? Obviously with Hardy playing him I would presume that he's at a similar age. But what do the comics say about his age?

What part of the world is he from? Where was he born?

And lastly, what crimes did his father/parents commit that he ended up in jail because of them?

Thanks in advance if you could tell me the answers to these questions that I have.

iMax wrote:This Bane guy..

Is he supposed to be older or younger than Bruce? Obviously with Hardy playing him I would presume that he's at a similar age. But what do the comics say about his age?

Thanks in advance if you could tell me the answers to these questions that I have.
Okay I found out that he's from a fictional place called Santa Prisca and that his old man is a guy called King Snake.

Still need an answer to the above quoted question though.

I haven't read any age references in the comic books, he probably gonna be in his 30's just like Wayne, that of course thinking the story is gonna take place right after TDK.

iMax wrote:This Bane guy..

What part of the world is he from? Where was he born?

And lastly, what crimes did his father/parents commit that he ended up in jail because of them?

The comic books don't really say. They tend to get fuzzy when it comes to time, and dates, and ages. But he's depicted as being about in his 30s.

He was born in a fictional South American island, ruled by a corrupt government. His dad was a revolutionary, and Bane was required to serve the remainder of his life sentence as a little kid. Eventually he gained power inside the prison, and was made a test subject for Venom.