Tom Hardy as Bane

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
SantomTheWhite wrote:I don't know how many times this has been regurgitated but I feel that if Bane doesn't use any of the poisonous steroid that gets him all beefed up and just remains as this assassin who can be mistaken for Night Scourage...that's gonna be a bit of a ...I dunno...something that is lacking...because that aspect of Bane is just crucial. I know it's not that realistic in Nolan's world but he can make it plausible at least. It doesn't have to look huge and cartoony obviously, I know Nolan said there'd be no CGI with Bane in this next one (yes!)...and I'm not even asking for him to be super huge or anything when he's high, just ... take some of that poisonous stuff please... :sick:
What's the point of steroids if you don't want Bane to look huge? Seems like a waste....

I don't even think Bane needs to be big in the fiirst place, so the use of steroids is an after thought. As long as Bane is a more superior fighter than Batman, then his body size shouldn't be an issue.

Crazy Eight wrote:
I'm not a pap, folks. Wait for the pics to show up on tmz or just jared. Or wait for filmfanatic to confirm
How do you know he shaved his head?
He is Tom Hardy's boyfriend.

chee wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:
How do you know he shaved his head?
allstarr55js is that you? :lol:

Only those characteristics of Bane that serve the story should be used. I don't see how steroids would be necessary to tell the story.

I.E. His lonely upbringing and fear of Bats draws a parallel between him and Bruce
His superior strength, fighting skills, and intelligence are necessary to establish him as being too much for Batman

The venom/steroids? Its an excess that would be done for no reason other than to satisfy die hard comic book fans

talli wrote:Only those characteristics of Bane that serve the story should be used. I don't see how steroids would be necessary to tell the story.

I.E. His lonely upbringing and fear of Bats draws a parallel between him and Bruce
His superior strength, fighting skills, and intelligence are necessary to establish him as being too much for Batman

The venom/steroids? Its an excess that would be done for no reason other than to satisfy die hard comic book fans

So everyone is clear. Bane is an equal to Batman before he submits himself to the venom drug. In fact later in the comics Bane realizes the drug is no good for him and while I'm pretty sure they've been unsuccessful makes attempts to go clean. If anything the drug eventually becomes a weakness and hindrance to him.

Although I can't deny I would enjoy to see Tom Hardy's acting abilities in scenes where he is struggling with himself in deciding whether he needs this drug or not. Perhaps the drug is helping him with his constant nightmares. He is a Batman gone wrong and he didn't have anyone to coddle him like Bruce did. The drug might be his comfort.

I'm not too interested in the drug but Nolan could make it work.

Mr. Caine wrote:
chee wrote:
allstarr55js is that you? :lol:
No, this is Patrick.

talli wrote: His superior strength, fighting skills, and intelligence are necessary to establish him as being too much for Batman
No one can be more intelligent than Batman :P
chee wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote: allstarr55js is that you? :lol:
No, this is Patrick.
:eh:

Batcat wrote:
talli wrote: His superior strength, fighting skills, and intelligence are necessary to establish him as being too much for Batman
No one can be more intelligent than Batman :P
chee wrote:
No, this is Patrick.
:eh:

Aaaw I can't watch this vid :(