Tom Hardy as Bane

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

original castings for Bane's scars! I love seeing how the interpretation of the creator affects the artistic progression of pieces like this!

Baniac wrote:I thought I'd post this passage from the novelization of TDKR for those of you Bane fans who haven't read the book. This is during the final flashback/reveal scene regarding Bane, an additional piece of the flashbacks:
After Bane is rescued by the LOS:

Bane balanced atop upright wooden poles as the League's brutal instructors battered him with hard oak staffs, trying to knock him off his perch. Bare-chested, the scars on his back a visible reminder of his past, Bane dodged and deflected the blows, refusing to fall.

A crude mask--an early prototype--hid his face.

With pride, Talia observed Bane's indomitable spirit, yet Ra's turned away.
Wish we could have seen that moment in the movie.
GQ: What!? You haven't seen the movie yet?
Lindy Hemming: It's not out in England yet, but the other thing that you should have seen during that sequence is him being injured in his youth. So one of the fundamental things about his costume is that he has this scar from the back injury. Even if he hasn't got the bulletproof vest on, he still has to wear the waist belt and the braces. In that scene in the prison, where he's learning to fight the same way Batman learned to fight, he's wearing an early version of his waist belt. It's showing support, but it's not the finished one he eventually wears. He's also wearing an early version of his gas mask, all glued together.

GQ: I remember one scene where we see his face covered in bandages, is this what you're referring to?
Lindy Hemming: Well, if you look at the film, unless they've cut it—and I'm sure they haven't—there's a whole early section for Tom Hardy where he's fighting and being taunted by people. He's got chains on him, and he's standing on a wooden thing while people are attacking him. And in that scene, he's wearing a much more ragged, primitive version of the mask.

GQ: I think that Bane scene must've been cut...
Lindy Hemming: Well that's an awful shame, but I suppose you have to cut things. I won't elaborate on it too much, because it isn't in the film, but there was another section that showed you why he had the mask and where it came from.
http://www.gq.com/entertainment/tv/blog ... n-arm.html

How the flying fuck was that stuff mentioned in GQ cut from the movie. While I adore IMAX, I sincerely think Nolan really fucked up limiting himself to two hours and forty-five minutes.

-Vader

That scene is not in the "script" or am I wrong? So the official shooting script has been more or less trimmed to the final cut script. Sly bastards

Nolan needs to release another cut. It will never happen though. Not even deleted scenes :thumbdown:

3h+cut was true then

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
Baniac wrote:I thought I'd post this passage from the novelization of TDKR for those of you Bane fans who haven't read the book. This is during the final flashback/reveal scene regarding Bane, an additional piece of the flashbacks:

Bane balanced atop upright wooden poles as the League's brutal instructors battered him with hard oak staffs, trying to knock him off his perch. Bare-chested, the scars on his back a visible reminder of his past, Bane dodged and deflected the blows, refusing to fall.

Lindy Hemming: It's not out in England yet, but the other thing that you should have seen during that sequence is him being injured in his youth. So one of the fundamental things about his costume is that he has this scar from the back injury. Even if he hasn't got the bulletproof vest on, he still has to wear the waist belt and the braces. In that scene in the prison, where he's learning to fight the same way Batman learned to fight, he's wearing an early version of his waist belt. It's showing support, but it's not the finished one he eventually wears. He's also wearing an early version of his gas mask, all glued together.

GQ: I remember one scene where we see his face covered in bandages, is this what you're referring to?
Lindy Hemming: Well, if you look at the film, unless they've cut it—and I'm sure they haven't—there's a whole early section for Tom Hardy where he's fighting and being taunted by people. He's got chains on him, and he's standing on a wooden thing while people are attacking him. And in that scene, he's wearing a much more ragged, primitive version of the mask.

Lindy Hemming: Well that's an awful shame, but I suppose you have to cut things. I won't elaborate on it too much, because it isn't in the film, but there was another section that showed you why he had the mask and where it came from.
This sucks. I felt swindled whilst watching it, but now I feel cheated.

GQ: So now let's talk about Joseph Gordon Levitt's character John Blake. He wore a lot of black and blue, mainly because he's a cop...
yeah lets get to a point were every bane fan gets spams of delight and would probably kill to at least hear about it and then..
OK LETS TALK ABOUT JOHN BLAKE NOW..
that interviewer needs to get fired.

Lindy Hemming will ge an epic spanking from Nolan

MagnarTheGreat wrote:

As if I didn't love Bane's character enough *sobbing*

thrice wrote:Lindy Hemming will ge an epic spanking from Nolan
Nolan should get an epic spanking from us. :judge: