Tom Hardy as Bane

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
his voice volume is also unnatural and his facial expressions (particularly during the speech he gives in front of Blackgate are very odd indeed). In Begins, we had a good sense of who Ras was and his motivations and philosophy.
Here, Bane just basically states, while fighting Batman that he is with the LOS and he is here to finish the job. Period. That's all the character development there is to Bane other than the reveal towards the end where Talia explains Bane's backstory in a couple of sentences.

Based4Life wrote:
Christopher Nolan wrote:
in the end, he was just a pawn...that was unworthy....
Its sad that someone as dumb as you signed up under that name. You are not worthy.
that's exactly what so many complain about, talking to hardcore nolan fans...they just think they know everything..
Last edited by Christopher Nolan on July 25th, 2012, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skyab23 wrote:his voice volume is also unnatural and his facial expressions (particularly during the speech he gives in front of Blackgate are very odd indeed). In Begins, we had a good sense of who Ras was and his motivations and philosophy.
Here, Bane just basically states, while fighting Batman that he is with the LOS and he is here to finish the job. Period. That's all the character development there is to Bane other than the reveal towards the end where Talia explains Bane's backstory in a couple of sentences.
:facepalm:
Sigs???

Christopher Nolan wrote:
Based4Life wrote: Its sad that someone as dumb as you signed up under that name. You are not worthy.
that's exactly what so many complain about, talking to hardcore nolan fans...they just think they know everything..
You obviously did not pay attention to the film if you think he was just "a pawn". Like seriously.

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:his voice volume is also unnatural and his facial expressions (particularly during the speech he gives in front of Blackgate are very odd indeed). In Begins, we had a good sense of who Ras was and his motivations and philosophy.
:facepalm:
Love how you people complain about others not giving concrete examples and then when we do, your response is :facepalm: That's fine if you disagree, but I give you specificity with my responses, and if you disagree please respond with a little bit of thought.

i have more problems with the fact that he got wasted in the end of the film, and his motives were revealed...didnt make much sense...after the first amazing fight, i expected something similar..

Based4Life wrote:
Christopher Nolan wrote:
You obviously did not pay attention to the film if you think he was just "a pawn". Like seriously.
i made the film, so i know that he's a pawn..

Christopher Nolan wrote:
Based4Life wrote: You obviously did not pay attention to the film if you think he was just "a pawn". Like seriously.
i made the film, so i know that he's a pawn..
:| Getting the mods on this one for sure.

I was more involved during the brief Ras cameo than anything Bane did, and that's not a knock on Tom Hardy, but a knock on the script, which was all over the place to begin with. Bane is just very uninteresting. His introduction to the film is great, but from then on, he knocks around a few people and then gives his soliloquies without ever delving into who or what his motivations really are, other than retreading Ras' philosophy. Bane is supposed to be an original entity with personal ambitions and motivations. The film didn't give Hardy the opportunity to focus on that like much of the script doesn't allow the audience to focus or get invested in any one scene for long before the beginning of a new scene.
Last edited by Skyab23 on July 25th, 2012, 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

do whatever suits you.

i expected more from bane. he's introduction to the audience was great, the first fight against batman was brutal and incredible, but in the end he got wasted, could be the twist with talia but still i wanted more from the last fight.