[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Keep going man, good thread, can´t see some of the pictures but anyway, is good when you point those details.

Nobody knows what the end will save the team for Nolan, but the director did not say that the third chapter of his saga Batman will finish a story without end, rather than inflate the balloon and expand the story.

devinemarko wrote:Nobody knows what the end will save the team for Nolan, but the director did not say that the third chapter of his saga Batman will finish a story without end, rather than inflate the balloon and expand the story.
lol, that's the problem how do you finish a story without end...

I like the idea of having Batman die in the end of the film. Nolan's films are also dark and he loves playing around with serious dramatic tension. What could be more dramatically compelling than killing off the hero? At this point I feel that that's where the story is naturally going to go. Nolan said the script will wrap up the Batman story so he's clearly writing in some kind of a significant ending to it. The way I see it, if Nolan doesn't kill him off then Warner Brothers will eventually get some other director to do the fourth and end up ruining the whole thing! Nolan is the only person whp can do these films and unless we want another director coming in making us another Spiderman 3 then Nolan better find a way to wrap up the story tight!

Why isn't just "Batman Dies" an option? Wouldn't it be sort of contrived for his death to inspire people to do good? To quote myself from a similar thread...
If Nolan had Batman lose i'd actually commend him, cause no other director would have the nads to do that.
If you saw No Country for Old Men, that's the kind of ending i'm thinking of!
Man, now that i'm really thinking about it, that'd actually be a sweet ending! Kill off Batman, let the hero that Gotham deserves (or needs, I forget which) take over Bruce Wayne's physical self! :batface:
Oh and MW715, they'll NEVER stop making Batman movies :D The franchise will live on in some form long after we die. I personally can't wait for the Batman saga reboot in 2024!!

wow that'd be pretty much Batman Beyond :crazy:

MW715 wrote:I like the idea of having Batman die in the end of the film. Nolan's films are also dark and he loves playing around with serious dramatic tension. What could be more dramatically compelling than killing off the hero? At this point I feel that that's where the story is naturally going to go. Nolan said the script will wrap up the Batman story so he's clearly writing in some kind of a significant ending to it. The way I see it, if Nolan doesn't kill him off then Warner Brothers will eventually get some other director to do the fourth and end up ruining the whole thing! Nolan is the only person whp can do these films and unless we want another director coming in making us another Spiderman 3 then Nolan better find a way to wrap up the story tight!
I love the way that us fans are so completely in the dark about what's gonna happen in the film that we're even contemplating Batman being killed at the end! We really have come a long way since Joel Schumacher and "Ice to see you".

Do I think Batman will die at the end? I've no idea, but I would be very surprised if he was. But at the same time I wouldn't be surprised if Nolan went and killed him off, if you know what I mean. He being predictably unpredictable. :D

I think this theory has come about because Nolan now has an unprecedented level of autonomy for any director of a big-budget franchise movie and the fact that he now has a fanbase who expect to be completely wrong-footed by him.

Nolan is playing us all like a musical instrument and I love it. :lol:

Batman getting killed would be stunning.

I don't know how or why, but having a famous hero die would certainly cause a ruckus amongst the ranks of fans and audiences alike. I think Nolan can make this happen.

And please, leave out the ambiguous stuff. I don’t need Batman to die only for the film to zoom in on his fingers, have them twitch, then cut to credits. :lol:

Nolan has to do something trascendental to finish his batman story, why not?

I guess if he leaves the Batman thing, that would put an end to the story (instead of continuing blowing smoke around as Batman) but won't end it forever (Bruce didn't die, he just walked out so people take his legacy. he can come back if he wants to) I think that's the best down-to-earth approach