[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I've been reading some comic books featuring black mask and the guy has to be on that movie, he's awesome, a good actor could do miracles.

OVERMAN wrote:I've been reading some comic books featuring black mask and the guy has to be on that movie, he's awesome, a good actor could do miracles.
Which comics are you reading? i've been wanting to learn more about the character, but i'm not sure which comics would be the best to pick up featuring that character.

jcvargas09 wrote:
OVERMAN wrote:I've been reading some comic books featuring black mask and the guy has to be on that movie, he's awesome, a good actor could do miracles.
Which comics are you reading? i've been wanting to learn more about the character, but i'm not sure which comics would be the best to pick up featuring that character.
well you can read that war games one, batman from #680 if I'm not wrong, I just downloaded like huge torrent, I think there is another on on a catwoman comic but i haven't checked that one.
most of the times he's not that important, but he's got the charm if you know what I mean.
and there are like 2 blackmasks, Sionis appears in the #300's, #400's :P

and I like the fact that he's such an asshole psycho, I think in real life he would be the boss of a terrorist cell rather than the mob's

btw I gotta say, there are a couple of people online that complain that if there's no Riddler then there isn't any "big" name left to do for the next one... this is incredibly short sighted. Take Iron Man for example... before Jon Favreau and RDJ came on the scene this character was at the top of the B-List Superhero section until those 2 concocted a great story for Shellhead to make his film debut.
Even when Heath was announced for the joker there was at one time a HUGE backlash against the casting as Brokeback Mountain just came out prior to the announcement. Couple of months later during filming and nearly everyone was won over by the pics and footage of the portrayal.

Point is.. don't sweat it. Whoever Nolan has as the villains I'm sure the actor will be a top notch performer capable of carrying the load with Bale for this film.

cchriswake wrote:btw I gotta say, there are a couple of people online that complain that if there's no Riddler then there isn't any "big" name left to do for the next one... this is incredibly short sighted. Take Iron Man for example... before Jon Favreau and RDJ came on the scene this character was at the top of the B-List Superhero section until those 2 concocted a great story for Shellhead to make his film debut.
Even when Heath was announced for the joker there was at one time a HUGE backlash against the casting as Brokeback Mountain just came out prior to the announcement. Couple of months later during filming and nearly everyone was won over by the pics and footage of the portrayal.

Point is.. don't sweat it. Whoever Nolan has as the villains I'm sure the actor will be a top notch performer capable of carrying the load with Bale for this film.
I totally agree with you...Nolan knows what he is doing...I think if Riddler was announced as villain then there will not be any suspense or hype for the movie...Now we have everyone talking on the net on who could be the next viallain...Just can't wait to find that out...hope Nolan reveals it asap!!

I dunno.. I am reading about Black Mask and he sounds like just a regular man.. kind of like the Joker but not as cool. Cosmetics/poison masks? Angry at another rich family, his parents etc.. sounds like some rebellious teenager. I am hoping for more of a powerful and supernatural villain this time around (and yes I know Nolan likes to keep it real, so do I.. just a little more umph).

Sorry I haven't been updating this section as much as I want to... but is there anyone who still wants me to continue this thread maybe update it with a complete Modern age time-line of the current Batman stories? (Meaning from the beginning in Year One' to Grant Morrison's Batman Inc. that's going on now)

We can also go over this past news of Strange possibly being the featured villain (which btw I hinted very much so in the first pages of this very thread)

It would be beyond awesome if you could do that, cchriswake. You totally rock! :-)

is there anyone who still wants me to continue this thread maybe update it with a complete Modern age time-line of the current Batman stories? (Meaning from the beginning in Year One' to Grant Morrison's Batman Inc. that's going on now)
It would be cool, yes. But no-Robin, no-Batgirl, Mr. Freeze, The Riddler etc... And Morrison is way to heavy for any kind of movie reality right now (or ever). Damian is new Robin, Dick Grayson is Gotham's Batman, while Bruce Wayne goes global? I'm enjoying Batman comics now more than ever, but it's all pretty much a big NO for Nolan ;)

Think - first incarnations, post Year One etc.

kanjisheik wrote:It would be beyond awesome if you could do that, cchriswake. You totally rock! :-)
thanks! I'll get on it as soon as I'm done with work tonight
m4st4 wrote: It would be cool, yes. But no-Robin, no-Batgirl, Mr. Freeze, The Riddler etc... And Morrison is way to heavy for any kind of movie reality right now (or ever). Damian is new Robin, Dick Grayson is Gotham's Batman, while Bruce Wayne goes global? I'm enjoying Batman comics now more than ever, but it's all pretty much a big NO for Nolan ;)

Think - first incarnations, post Year One etc.
hmm... ok I'll try but it's gonna be near impossible because most of the events involve Robin and the other mentioned characters (such as Dark Victory, The Killing Joke, etc) I'll tell you what, I'm going to exclude the grand events like Batman's adventures in space or whatever like that as much as I can.