[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
mchekhov wrote:
Fran wrote:Bane's faction and the LoS both seem to have the same intentions (destroy Gotham) but one is more extreme than the other (Bane's men are willing to sacrifice themselves for a cause). So I'm not sure if Bane is tied to the LoS since Ra's never taught martyrdom, at least I don't remember him talking about it. We have to assume that Bane praises martyrdom given his actions in the prologue.

I'm interested in what the connection is between Bane and Ra's, if there's a connection at all.
I do wonder if Bane is responsible for the death of Ra's' wife. It could explain the formation of the LoS which is used to stop criminals like Bane and his men.

In Begins, the LOS were just as willing to die for Ras
they're part of an extreme cult. of course they would be willing to give their lives
"When art imitates life"

Just read a comment on another site stating that the cop Ramirez was still alive at the end of TDK and would know of Dent's crimes. Do you think that will be addressed in TDKR?

tlbraund wrote:Just read a comment on another site stating that the cop Ramirez was still alive at the end of TDK and would know of Dent's crimes. Do you think that will be addressed in TDKR?
Ah yes, good point. Gordon might have had her arrested for collusion or at least taken out of the force and put into a safe environment, but she's still alive.
Mr Rees, too. There are two threads that could unravel the plans made at the end of TDK.

We'll see if they're taken care of in the final film. I think Rees will be mentioned at the very least. His sub-plot seemed to have more emphasis that Ramirez.

mchekhov wrote:
Fran wrote:Bane's faction and the LoS both seem to have the same intentions (destroy Gotham) but one is more extreme than the other (Bane's men are willing to sacrifice themselves for a cause). So I'm not sure if Bane is tied to the LoS since Ra's never taught martyrdom, at least I don't remember him talking about it. We have to assume that Bane praises martyrdom given his actions in the prologue.

I'm interested in what the connection is between Bane and Ra's, if there's a connection at all.
I do wonder if Bane is responsible for the death of Ra's' wife. It could explain the formation of the LoS which is used to stop criminals like Bane and his men.

We can insinuate that the LoS were willing to die for Ra's given the ideals of Ra's. But it was never accentuated in a scene that they would be willing to die for Ra's, let alone kill themselves for a cause. The prologue clearly showed the functionality of Bane's group, and I'm sure there's a reason for it.

Fran wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

We can insinuate that the LoS were willing to die for Ra's given the ideals of Ra's. But it was never accentuated in a scene that they would be willing to die for Ra's, let alone kill themselves for a cause. The prologue clearly showed the functionality of Bane's group, and I'm sure there's a reason for it.
none of them left Ra's side when their temple was burning in Begins...

they were just as faithful to him as the men are to Bane...I think you're forgetting too many details

mchekhov wrote:
Fran wrote:
none of them left Ra's side when their temple was burning in Begins...

they were just as faithful to him as the men are to Bane...I think you're forgetting too many details
They did leave Ra's side actually. During the time Bruce and the decoy (Watanabe) are fighting, no one ever picked up Ra's and got him to safety. It was Bruce that saved him. But regardless, they were hardly in a position (nor in any part of Batman Begins) in which they sacrificed their lives like Bane's men did. One of those men accepted suicide long before the ploy, and the other willingly embraced it once Bane alluded to it.

If you still can't see the differences between the two groups, then I don't know what else to say. Clearly, one's more extreme than the other.

Watanabe waved them away. It's a strange scene more interested in misleading the audience than making complete sense. :lol:

MagnarTheGreat wrote:Watanabe waved them away. It's a strange scene more interested in misleading the audience than making complete sense. :lol:
He waved them away because he wanted to fight Bruce one one one. Still, it still doesn't change the fact that they left one of their own behind (the real Ra's al Ghul).

I had this thought awhile ago... when Bane mentions how no one cared about him till he put on the mask, do you think his reference to the mask wasn't literal, but rather implying the persona he puts on that attracts followers to his cause?

I could imagine before he acted like the gung-ho revolutionary, no one really cared who he was, but when he pretended like he wanted to change society for the better, people rallied with him to join his cause. The more I think of this, the more it sounds like it could actually be accurate in the context of the situation.

Fran wrote:
MagnarTheGreat wrote:Watanabe waved them away. It's a strange scene more interested in misleading the audience than making complete sense. :lol:
He waved them away because he wanted to fight Bruce one one one. Still, it still doesn't change the fact that they left one of their own behind (the real Ra's al Ghul).
I agree, if they were truly loyal and willing to risk their lives, they would have come back to get him.