[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I think that Batman will use his aerial vehicle to run away from the police and once he gets away he will have an unexpected welcoming party (Bane and LOS) at the Batcave. Almost exactly like in Batman Begins when Batman has his chase scene in the tumbler with the police and then he attends his birthday party with LOS waiting for him
"When art imitates life"

dafox wrote:I think that Batman will use his aerial vehicle to run away from the police and once he gets away he will have an unexpected welcoming party (Bane and LOS) at the Batcave. Almost exactly like in Batman Begins when Batman has his chase scene in the tumbler with the police and then he attends his birthday party with LOS waiting for him
Yeah, I think he'll use it and crash it at some point.

thedisabledcubicle wrote:It's a stretch, but it's not unreasonable.

Interesting find but I think it's a bit of a stretch

Ahem, let me fix this for you lol.
DarkShadow wrote:Wrote this in the "final scene" topic, but let's give it a chance here (no one responded there) only more detailed. And here we go...

At the end of BB, Bruce tells Rachel that Batman is only a mask, and Rachel responds that *this* (Bruce) is the mask, and that his true face is the one that criminals now fear (Batman). Throughout TDK we witnessed the thin line between Bruce and Batman fading away. They become the same person. At the end, Bruce takes the fall for Harvey (literally, too) and Batman becomes public's enemy number 1.

Eight years later. Peace time. Batman is nowhere to be found. He isn't needed anymore, Gordon made GCPD an excellent police force and the mob is gone. Gordon knows it's a matter of time until this peace ends. A new threat is rising, the lower class, the 99% if you will, demands its share of the city's wealth. Bruce learns it from a mysterious woman at a party. She's wearing a mask, like everyone there. Except for Miranda Tate which takes her mask off for Bruce, he's the only one not wearing a mask, or is he?

A mysterious man known only as Bane arrives in Gotham city and begins executing his "master plan". He uses the lower classes in order to take control of Gotham. He has a powerful organization behind him, the League of Shadows, run by Talia Al Ghul, the true identity of Wayne Enterprises board member Miranda Tate (this is official by WB). Using her status, she acquires knowledge regarding several products, such as the Tumbler and Batpod, and getting some for her friends at the LOS. That's how they get the camouflaged Tumblers (with some cool upgrades such as cannons) and that's how Selina gets her Batpod. In the midst of this, Gordon gets hurt in some way, probably by Bane. He's in the hospital.

Bruce, having hanged the cowl nearly 8 years ago, visits him, wearing a ski mask, like their first meeting in BB. Gordon knows he's talking to Batman. A guard notices, and he jumps out the window. Again, like their first meeting ended in BB. Batman "doesn't exist anymore", so he tries to resolve the crisis as Bruce Wayne, using his political power and wealth. But things quickly deteriorate and anyone who dares to stand up to Bane, now de-facto leader of Gotham city, gets send away to a far away prison. This is where Bruce realizes that "the Batman has to come back, he must".

Being Gotham's favorite son, everyone in that prison recognizes him. They believe he's the only one who can stand up to Bane, even without knowing he is the Dark Knight himself. They come up with a chanting in a foreign language so Bane's guards won't understand. What does it mean? Rise.

Bruce escapes the prison, he climbs up a well, in a clear similarity to the one he fell into as a kid. His father helped him up then, now he has to do it himself. He comes back to Gotham to find it in tatters. He puts on the cowl, He fights Bane. This is roughly at the middle of the film. I'll jump to the very end. After Bruce managed to defeat Bane, the LOS, he even has Selina on his side. But something is missing.

Bane probably discovered his true identity. Realizing there will always be intelligent enemies in Gotham that might do the same (*cough* Riddler *cough*), he decides to kill his real identity. He realizes Rachel was right, his true face is that of Batman. And as long as Gotham needs him, everyone close to Bruce is in danger. Rachel herself died because of that reason. He fakes his own death, having a funeral for Bruce. He continues to exist only as Batman. Just like the ending of the comic book "The Dark Knight Returns".

And he has a companion. :JGLface:
I like the idea that Bruce kills his Bruce persona, only so that he can live on as Batman, and Batman only. A cool idea indeed.

Random thought, but how can Bruce ever stop the LoS (who admit to being an ideology, a legend, more than one single man or entity)? They are eternal because they can change leadership and act as an idea rather than an army.
Bruce can stop individuals and kill-off Batman to save Gotham from escalation. But how will Bruce break the LoS?

Maybe Bane will have already broken them down for his own vision and that's how Miranda/Talia plays in? Or perhaps Batman must expose and defeat Bane, embarrass him in front of his movement (like the Mutant Leader in The Dark Knight Returns), to bring an end to it?

In the intervening 8 years has Bruce been advising America to seek out these 'terrorist' entities with the sole target of defeating his ancient enemy?

I believe that Batman will ascend to legendary status by allowing his mantle to pass-on. Vigilantes like Catwoman can maintain his belief. But if Batman can achieve that, then how can he defeat the LoS who have the same system?

"with Gotham we tried a new one. economics" - Ras al ghul = full circle
"When art imitates life"

MiracleSleeper wrote:Ahem, let me fix this for you lol.

I like the idea that Bruce kills his Bruce persona, only so that he can live on as Batman, and Batman only. A cool idea indeed.
Fix what? Have you changed the grammar or something? English isn't my first language, so sorry for any grammar/spelling inaccuracies.