[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Mavrick608 wrote:I am new to the board but here is my theory on the entire plot:
After looking at the first trailer I am convinced it is JGL as batman. He is smaller and the chin on the costume is the exact same as JGL. So where is batman???? In the second trailer Bane says, "When Gotham is in ashes I give you permission to die!" Nolan is know for flashbacks and tricks to distort time. I think this scene comes at the beginning of the journey when Batman initially fights Bane and is subsequently injured for a long period of time. Further, Gordon in the hospital says "We were suppose to be in this together" meaning there is a gap where Batman abandon Gordon or doesnt really help Gordon as comish. Gordon would know if Batman changed from their frequent encounters. This injury would lead to JGL as the temporary Batman and Wayne recuperates. In a departure from the comics Nolan decides the JGL Batman gets his back broken and not Wayne. This would allow for Wayne to reenter as Batman and finally defeat Bane. Let me know your thoughts.
Hell, NO! This is not Nolan's style! :batface:

If this is what actually what happens in the movie.. :suicide:

Mavrick608 wrote:I am new to the board but here is my theory on the entire plot:
After looking at the first trailer I am convinced it is JGL as batman. He is smaller and the chin on the costume is the exact same as JGL. So where is batman???? In the second trailer Bane says, "When Gotham is in ashes I give you permission to die!" Nolan is know for flashbacks and tricks to distort time. I think this scene comes at the beginning of the journey when Batman initially fights Bane and is subsequently injured for a long period of time. Further, Gordon in the hospital says "We were suppose to be in this together" meaning there is a gap where Batman abandon Gordon or doesnt really help Gordon as comish. Gordon would know if Batman changed from their frequent encounters. This injury would lead to JGL as the temporary Batman and Wayne recuperates. In a departure from the comics Nolan decides the JGL Batman gets his back broken and not Wayne. This would allow for Wayne to reenter as Batman and finally defeat Bane. Let me know your thoughts.

So, JGL = Azrael?

I mean, I guess that's one possible interpretation. However, how would JGL have the training to become Batman? But, please, don't let my politeness confuse you.

:thumbdown:

Wayne, after getting shot with a bullet (that his new batsuit doesn't protect against) and falling off the building in TDK, is never quite in peak condition again. He now needs the assistance of a cane to walk and he is not in a great state, having been frozen in time from that moment in TDK. He takes on an apprentice, John Blake, and secretly trains him for years.
:suicide: And Ellen Page shows up and Blake and her kiss. :lol:

“Batman has very good actors in it, but it’s all about the special effects.
Blasphemy! :JGLface:

Tristy wrote:
He forgot his pills that morning :facepalm:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/201 ... gger_.html
Christopher Nolan, who became one of the most powerful directors in L.A. after the huge success of Inception, which followed the huge success of The Dark Knight, returns again to the character of Batman… Word is that at some point, he reads aloud bits from Heidegger’s “Was ist Metaphysik.”

Xavier philosophy chair, Richard Polt, suggested that this passage from the lecture might be most appropriate for the film:

"Anxiety is there. It is only sleeping. Its breath quivers perpetually through Dasein [human existence], only slightly in what makes us ‘jittery,’ imperceptibly in the ‘Oh, yes’ and the ‘Oh, no’ of men of affairs; but most readily in the reserved and most assuredly in those who are basically daring."

Tristy wrote:
Senility.

Dragon_316ca wrote:http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/201 ... gger_.html
Christopher Nolan, who became one of the most powerful directors in L.A. after the huge success of Inception, which followed the huge success of The Dark Knight, returns again to the character of Batman… Word is that at some point, he reads aloud bits from Heidegger’s “Was ist Metaphysik.”

Xavier philosophy chair, Richard Polt, suggested that this passage from the lecture might be most appropriate for the film:

"Anxiety is there. It is only sleeping. Its breath quivers perpetually through Dasein [human existence], only slightly in what makes us ‘jittery,’ imperceptibly in the ‘Oh, yes’ and the ‘Oh, no’ of men of affairs; but most readily in the reserved and most assuredly in those who are basically daring."
Just saw this on SHH. I'm really looking forward to the philosophical aspects of this movie, TDK and BB were of full of juicy themes you could sink your teeth in, I loved it.