[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
It looks more like a bellhop or doorman uniform to me. It could just be symbolic to align himself with Gotham's average citizens, as he's attacking a symbol of Gotham's wealth.

Because with a face like that, being a doorman is going to keep you inconspicuous.

Imagine this scene:

Random Guy: What's that on your face?

Bane (dressed as doorman/janitor): It's foooorrr my assssstttthmaa.

Bane snaps neck.

"This mop is the instrument of your liberation! Clean the streets of Gotham of the wealthy!"

I am moving the conversation in the Robin and JGL thread to this thread...

Another point to bring up is Rachel's comment at the end of BB. She tells Bruce that the boy who ran away "never came back at all." This is VERY important. This is true, Bruce came back a totally different person. BB shows us how Bruce becomes Batman. What might happen in TDKR is the man who never came back returns at long last. In BB Bruce becomes Batman, in TDKR Batman becomes Bruce. Remember also when Alfred says at the end of BB "You're getting lost inside this monster of yours..." This is also VERY important. In TDK, Bruce is never really himself, he is only really Batman. Even when he isn't Batman, as in not wearing the cap and cowl, he still very much acts like Batman. He is always investigating crime. The difference is during the day he doesn't wear the costume but he still pretty much acts like Batman. He has become lost inside the monster he created. What needs to happen for Bruce to finally find closure is he must let go of the monster once and for all. He needs to merge Bruce the man with his creation, Batman.

Okay we know Catwoman will team up with Batman. We also strongly speculate that she'll trick him into confronting Bane. We also strongly speculate that Miranda Tate is Talia al Ghul and that she used her romance with Bruce in order for Bane to have access to all of Wayne Enterprise.

But I sense the general idea is that Catwoman will betray Batman only to help him in the end and Talia al Ghul will betray Bruce and will remain a villain through the end.

Why couldn't it be the other way around? What I mean is that Catwoman is a PURE villian that uses Batman just to get her way and never really on Batman's side, and Miranda Tate really fell in love with Bruce and is the one that helps him escape and so forth?

ComptonTerry wrote:I am moving the conversation in the Robin and JGL thread to this thread...

Another point to bring up is Rachel's comment at the end of BB. She tells Bruce that the boy who ran away "never came back at all." This is VERY important. This is true, Bruce came back a totally different person. BB shows us how Bruce becomes Batman. What might happen in TDKR is the man who never came back returns at long last. In BB Bruce becomes Batman, in TDKR Batman becomes Bruce. Remember also when Alfred says at the end of BB "You're getting lost inside this monster of yours..." This is also VERY important. In TDK, Bruce is never really himself, he is only really Batman. Even when he isn't Batman, as in not wearing the cap and cowl, he still very much acts like Batman. He is always investigating crime. The difference is during the day he doesn't wear the costume but he still pretty much acts like Batman. He has become lost inside the monster he created. What needs to happen for Bruce to finally find closure is he must let go of the monster once and for all. He needs to merge Bruce the man with his creation, Batman.
:clap:

anonymity wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:I am moving the conversation in the Robin and JGL thread to this thread...

I know this is a little off topic, but I wasn't sure where to post it:

Has anyone noticed that the line "Now that's more like it." has been used in several of Nolan's films?

In TDK both scarecrow and fox say it. In Inception Cobb says it to Ariadne. Is there any significance to that line? It seems awfully redundant.

jazz-guitarist wrote:I know this is a little off topic, but I wasn't sure where to post it:

Has anyone noticed that the line "Now that's more like it." has been used in several of Nolan's films?

In TDK both scarecrow and fox say it. In Inception Cobb says it to Ariadne. Is there any significance to that line? It seems awfully redundant.
I don't think so. The line itself doesn't really mean anything... Just a generic phrase most people say.