[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
batman8429 wrote:
Balefan wrote:
This. :twothumbsup:
I'm confused why any fan would want to see him die. What does that accomplish?
Exactly. To be very honest, I want him to live for the Justice League film. But Batman's getting rebooted :batface:

batman8429 wrote:
Why can't it be that simple, why does it have to be so over the top. And I strongly disagree with you BB was relatively simple and an awesome Batman story and out of the first two I feel is a much better Batman movie. TDK was awesome but I think Nolan got to artsy with TDK. It felt like an incredible crime drama with the Batman universe inserted. I'd like it to be more like BB with a stronger comic book feel. But at 2hr45min I doubt I'm going to get that.
Have you seen the film "Unbreakable" Batman8429? Because you must be my arch nemesis. We truly are exact opposite ends of the spectrum. We go in a completely opposite direction on virtually every viewpoint that has come up about this film. And incase you haven't guessed I completely disagree here as well. I like a good story line to challenge my mind a little bit.

There's something Nolan said that correlates:
I think audiences get too comfortable and familiar in today's movies. They believe everything they're hearing and seeing. I like to shake that up.

Red Hood wrote:
batman8429 wrote:
Exactly. To be very honest, I want him to live for the Justice League film. But Batman's getting rebooted :batface:
No matter how the trilogy ends its probably going to have no influence on the JL movie. But I do believe they need a hard nose Batman for that movie and I hate to say it but maybe more Keaton style then Bale. And I hope for a Batman and Robin reboot next for a Batman series.

@anonymity Great movie but even as my arch nemesis I def don't wish either of us to be Mr. Glass. I'm not saying we shouldn't be challenged but I'd rather more BB then TDK. I think theres a time and a place to shake things up and I think when doing a film that involves a character at the level of Batman at the end of the day you need to produce a film that satisfies the mass fan base. Thats not saying not to intrigue the hell out of us, just don't bring it to the extreme. This isn't a comic book where there is going to be another story or another storyline next week and if it sucks we can just start our next read this is the closing of a trilogy and I think Nolan needs to let Batman do what hes always done and something Nolan has yet to let him do... That is allow him to be the hero in the public eye, the proud savior of Gotham. Nolan has yet to let him do that. And yes anonymity I know how much you hate this, but I think Batman is bigger then Chris Nolan and he has no business killing him off. On another note I did get my 12:01am tickets and I can't wait!!!

batman8429 wrote:
Balefan wrote:
This. :twothumbsup:
Because it can mean that the idea transcends the man. Like Viva Zapata!. The legend of him has more influence than he as an individual ever could.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

batman8429 wrote:
Red Hood wrote:
No matter how the trilogy ends its probably going to have no influence on the JL movie. But I do believe they need a hard nose Batman for that movie and I hate to say it but maybe more Keaton style then Bale. And I hope for a Batman and Robin reboot next for a Batman series.

@anonymity Great movie but even as my arch nemesis I def don't wish either of us to be Mr. Glass. I'm not saying we shouldn't be challenged but I'd rather more BB then TDK. I think theres a time and a place to shake things up and I think when doing a film that involves a character at the level of Batman at the end of the day you need to produce a film that satisfies the mass fan base. Thats not saying not to intrigue the hell out of us, just don't bring it to the extreme. This isn't a comic book where there is going to be another story or another storyline next week and if it sucks we can just start our next read this is the closing of a trilogy and I think Nolan needs to let Batman do what hes always done and something Nolan has yet to let him do... That is allow him to be the hero in the public eye, the proud savior of Gotham. Nolan has yet to let him do that. And yes anonymity I know how much you hate this, but I think Batman is bigger then Chris Nolan and he has no business killing him off. On another note I did get my 12:01am tickets and I can't wait!!!
I don't think Batman will necessarily die although he could. I personally think Nolan can do what ever he wants with the character. You are doing like a number of other people and thinking Nolan has to follow some sort of made up rules that Batman fanatics seem to have created. The way I remember it Bob Kane created a soulless avenger that killed an maimed criminals back in the day.

Batman watched his parents murdered in front of him as a child. He lives in Gotham City. Outside of that the character is pretty much open to interpretation. I care about a great story not whether or not Bane is huge or the size of Batman's ears and whether or not catwoman will be refered to as catwoman. I want a great story based on a great character. There are a thousand different interpretations of these characters in the comics. But people freak when someone does a very different interpretation on film. Burton certainly took some liberties with both Penguin and Catwoman in Returns. Penguin is a monster and Catwoman is part cat and comes back from the dead? What is she, Cat Al Ghul?! :wtf:

anonymity wrote:
I don't think Batman will necessarily die although he could. I personally think Nolan can do what ever he wants with the character. You are doing like a number of other people and thinking Nolan has to follow some sort of made up rules that Batman fanatics seem to have created. The way I remember it Bob Kane created a soulless avenger that killed an maimed criminals back in the day.

Batman watched his parents murdered in front of him as a child. He lives in Gotham City. Outside of that the character is pretty much open to interpretation. I care about a great story not whether or not Bane is huge or the size of Batman's ears and whether or not catwoman will be refered to as catwoman. I want a great story based on a great character. There are a thousand different interpretations of these characters in the comics. But people freak when someone does a very different interpretation on film. Burton certainly took some liberties with both Penguin and Catwoman in Returns. Penguin is a monster and Catwoman is part cat and comes back from the dead? What is she, Cat Al Ghul?! :wtf:
Yea I agree with you there.

This may sound a little odd because I didn't like it the movie overall, but there's a scene in Spiderman 2 where and unmasked Spiderman stops a runaway train full of people and exhausts himself. And while he's unconscious the people on the train carry him and set him down and they give him his mask back and tell him they won't tell his secret and blah blah blah. I think that could be the kind of ending we see with TDKR. Bruce Wayne is revealed to some as Batman after an intense battle that saves Gotham, but leaves him battered and beaten. The people realize they're safer with Batman and honor Bruce and Bats as a hero, thus breaking the Harvey Dent cycle where Bruce and Bats both live long enough to see themselves become heroes. It sounds a little cheesy putting it in those words I realize, but I think an ending where we see the people of Gotham heal the isolation that Bruce has felt since his parents were killed by accepting him AND Bats. We see Batman become the alter ego of Bruce Wayne instead of the previous two movies where Bruce was the awkward alter ego of Bats.

I think there was a mention that we wouldn't see him in the suit without the cowl. Although that might have been in reference to TDK. (which would have been false).

If he does take the mask off, the film needs a Chris Walken cameo with "Bruce Wayne? Why are you dressed up like Batman?"

batman8429 wrote:
anonymity wrote:

Yea I agree with you there.
Same

Evidence that Bruce Wayne's going to die.
1) Based on the recent sample release for the TDKR soundtrack, it seems like the last track is pretty sad. "Rise" could possibly be the background music when Bruce Wayne meets his end.

2) Bruce Wayne's older now, how long can he keep going at it (being Batman)?

3) It's the first time for a comic book/superhero film to come to a definite end.

4) We're talking about Nolan here, he doesn't care what he does, he's just out there to make a quality film.

5) "You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

The only evidence I've seen that seems to indicate Bruce Wayne lives is:
1) Morgan Freeman's interview, in which he mentions how he sees this as an end to a chapter.

2) Christian Bale's statement that he would possibly come back for a fourth Batman.