[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
eisentower30 wrote:I personally think the whole "only 4 people have seen the ending" is a bit dramatized. In 2011 maybe, yes, during the script phase, but far too many people are involved in the making of a film for that to remain constant. There is a production crew and a post-production crew all working on elements of every scene, as well as the people involved in the preparation of the scene. It's more likely at this point that over 50 people know the ending. Let's not forget the studio heads who have already seen the film. It's just part of the mystery shrouding another Nolan film. It takes legendary status, pun intended. We hear something a year ago and it remains in our conscious as a steady fact, when it's obviously changed. I've been in this position on other films and it's not going to be different. You can't make the ending to a massive movie like this with 4 people.
An older news report said the ending would be 100% CG so whatever CG studio Nolan is using must know the ending. Chris, Jonathan, and Goyer definitely know the ending because they wrote the script. In actors, it would most likely be Bale, Caine, or Hardy.

Based4Life wrote:Image
At least from my point of view. Seriously, what the fuck is that thing? We know so much about this film, yet so very little at the same time.
It kind of looks like a Stargate. :lol:

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain...that was the mantra for TDK and seems to be a recurring theme in the Nolanverse. That wasn't just applicable to Harvey Dent. Ra's al Ghul lived long enough to see himself become a villain...I think originally he was a hero and escalation with criminals warped him into the villain he died as. Bruce Wayne will NEVER die a hero because people don't know he's Batman and he's never done anything heroic...Alfred and Lucious Fox will think of him as a hero. If everyone knew he was Batman and he's dead then the legend will end and they will both become heroes. If Bruce dies and no one knows he's Batman then he won't die a hero, he'll die a villain, which is how Catwoman seems to view him. Bruce would have to do something extremely heroic before death for people to think of him as a hero...revealing himself as Bats is one way, but I don't know what another way would be? Give away all of his money? I don't know. I would be very interested to see, if that is the direction they're going in, how Nolan pulls that off. The payoff could be intense...like the end of Warrior intense.

ManBat wrote:You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain...that was the mantra for TDK and seems to be a recurring theme in the Nolanverse. That wasn't just applicable to Harvey Dent. Ra's al Ghul lived long enough to see himself become a villain...I think originally he was a hero and escalation with criminals warped him into the villain he died as. Bruce Wayne will NEVER die a hero because people don't know he's Batman and he's never done anything heroic...Alfred and Lucious Fox will think of him as a hero. If everyone knew he was Batman and he's dead then the legend will end and they will both become heroes. If Bruce dies and no one knows he's Batman then he won't die a hero, he'll die a villain, which is how Catwoman seems to view him. Bruce would have to do something extremely heroic before death for people to think of him as a hero...revealing himself as Bats is one way, but I don't know what another way would be? Give away all of his money? I don't know. I would be very interested to see, if that is the direction they're going in, how Nolan pulls that off. The payoff could be intense...like the end of Warrior intense.
Really cool thoughts, but how about he's just recognized for saving Gotham, is that not enough even in our eyes anymore? Could it be possible that we are all over analyzing. Could it be he defeats Bane, saves Gotham and is recognized by everyone as the hero that he has been from the very beginning. Could Bruce realize that Bruce and Batman are one in the same and must always exist as long as physically possible, he knows he can't protect Gotham forever but as long as he can he will, is that what he means by "everything", meaning he will never let someone like Bane catch him sleeping on Gotham again. Can we consider even Nolan realizes that its not his place to kill off a character as iconic as Bruce/Batman no matter what the message being made is. Does it make sense to have him battle back from all Bane has done to kill him in the end? Can full circle be him taking the steps to once again become the Batman after being broken by Bane. I think the reasons we love Nolans movies so much is because he took great aspects of comics and brought them to film, I hope he continues this because in none of those stories does Batman die and in all of them he is the hero! Just my opinion.

batman8429 wrote:
ManBat wrote:You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain...that was the mantra for TDK and seems to be a recurring theme in the Nolanverse. That wasn't just applicable to Harvey Dent. Ra's al Ghul lived long enough to see himself become a villain...I think originally he was a hero and escalation with criminals warped him into the villain he died as. Bruce Wayne will NEVER die a hero because people don't know he's Batman and he's never done anything heroic...Alfred and Lucious Fox will think of him as a hero. If everyone knew he was Batman and he's dead then the legend will end and they will both become heroes. If Bruce dies and no one knows he's Batman then he won't die a hero, he'll die a villain, which is how Catwoman seems to view him. Bruce would have to do something extremely heroic before death for people to think of him as a hero...revealing himself as Bats is one way, but I don't know what another way would be? Give away all of his money? I don't know. I would be very interested to see, if that is the direction they're going in, how Nolan pulls that off. The payoff could be intense...like the end of Warrior intense.
Really cool thoughts, but how about he's just recognized for saving Gotham, is that not enough even in our eyes anymore? Could it be possible that we are all over analyzing. Could it be he defeats Bane, saves Gotham and is recognized by everyone as the hero that he has been from the very beginning. Could Bruce realize that Bruce and Batman are one in the same and must always exist as long as physically possible, he knows he can't protect Gotham forever but as long as he can he will, is that what he means by "everything", meaning he will never let someone like Bane catch him sleeping on Gotham again. Can we consider even Nolan realizes that its not his place to kill off a character as iconic as Bruce/Batman no matter what the message being made is. Does it make sense to have him battle back from all Bane has done to kill him in the end? Can full circle be him taking the steps to once again become the Batman after being broken by Bane. I think the reasons we love Nolans movies so much is because he took great aspects of comics and brought them to film, I hope he continues this because in none of those stories does Batman die and in all of them he is the hero! Just my opinion.
Ofcourse it can't be that simple. The last 2 movies were not that simple. That would ruin the trilogy.

David8 wrote:
Ofcourse it can't be that simple. The last 2 movies were not that simple. That would ruin the trilogy.
Why can't it be that simple, why does it have to be so over the top. And I strongly disagree with you BB was relatively simple and an awesome Batman story and out of the first two I feel is a much better Batman movie. TDK was awesome but I think Nolan got to artsy with TDK. It felt like an incredible crime drama with the Batman universe inserted. I'd like it to be more like BB with a stronger comic book feel. But at 2hr45min I doubt I'm going to get that.

batman8429 wrote:
David8 wrote:
Why can't it be that simple, why does it have to be so over the top. And I strongly disagree with you BB was relatively simple and an awesome Batman story and out of the first two I feel is a much better Batman movie. TDK was awesome but I think Nolan got to artsy with TDK. It felt like an incredible crime drama with the Batman universe inserted. I'd like it to be more like BB with a stronger comic book feel. But at 2hr45min I doubt I'm going to get that.
You may never know. What made me love The Dark Knight was all of the crime drama and I hoped for more in TDKR.But I doubt that there will be crime drama unless if Nolan sneaks in Black Mask as a last minute addition. I doubt that will happen too. I do understand that BB was closer to the comics and I strongly believe TDKR will be close to them as well with the Knightfall and The Dark Knight Returns references.

Red Hood wrote:
batman8429 wrote:
You may never know. What made me love The Dark Knight was all of the crime drama and I hoped for more in TDKR.But I doubt that there will be crime drama unless if Nolan sneaks in Black Mask as a last minute addition. I doubt that will happen too. I do understand that BB was closer to the comics and I strongly believe TDKR will be close to them as well with the Knightfall and The Dark Knight Returns references.
Would have loved to see Black Mask and Hush in this film, I think they would have translated very good to film.

David8 wrote:The Dark Knight = Batman = Legend

Bruce Dies, but the dark knight rises.
This. :twothumbsup:

Balefan wrote:
David8 wrote:The Dark Knight = Batman = Legend

Bruce Dies, but the dark knight rises.
This. :twothumbsup:
I'm confused why any fan would want to see him die. What does that accomplish?