[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
eisentower30 wrote:Got a new theory here... thoughts?

Bane is trained by Ra's and sees him as a father figure. When Ra's goes to Gotham in Batman Begins and is killed by Batman, Bane vows revenge (much like Bruce vowed to avenge his father's murder). Bane and Talia had a thing together and Talia disguises herself as Miranda Tate and gets Bruce Wayne to fall for her, which even furthers Bane's frustrations and vengeance kick. When Bane comes to exact revenge he wants to take down Batman and everything he stands for, a.k.a. Gotham's soul.

This would nicely mirror Batman Begins and give Bane and Wayne a parallel set of ideals based on revenge.
I have a feeling we're going to see something very similar to that! I just wonder how Catwoman comes in to all this? Maybe while Bruce/Batman are away, she emerges in Gotham. She'll probably be an ally, Batman will have his hands full with Bane.
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

Batman-News.com wrote:
eisentower30 wrote:Got a new theory here... thoughts?

Bane is trained by Ra's and sees him as a father figure. When Ra's goes to Gotham in Batman Begins and is killed by Batman, Bane vows revenge (much like Bruce vowed to avenge his father's murder). Bane and Talia had a thing together and Talia disguises herself as Miranda Tate and gets Bruce Wayne to fall for her, which even furthers Bane's frustrations and vengeance kick. When Bane comes to exact revenge he wants to take down Batman and everything he stands for, a.k.a. Gotham's soul.

This would nicely mirror Batman Begins and give Bane and Wayne a parallel set of ideals based on revenge.
I have a feeling we're going to see something very similar to that! I just wonder how Catwoman comes in to all this? Maybe while Bruce/Batman are away, she emerges in Gotham. She'll probably be an ally, Batman will have his hands full with Bane.
Yea, I imagine that Bruce and Selina Kyle and Miranda Tate will have a little love triangle going on. And Catwoman will be trying to keep the streets safe while Batman is away. But I think we'll see her weasel her way into the fight and Batman will be too busy to say no.

MrBatman wrote:In the teaser you see Gordon lying in the hospital bed,i think he's hurt by or Bane or he's henchman.

John will be one of the few people who's gonna know Batmans real identity.

There's no policeman in gotham anymore who wants to takedown Batman anymore after Bane explained that not Batman but Harvey was the one who killed six people.
I bet he was hurt by Bane himself, promoting Bruce to put back on the Batsuit.

Wait but, Gordon still doesn't know Batman is Bruce Wayne...but obviously talking to Bruce in the teaser (No Bale Batman voice)

So Bruce tells Gordon who he really is? :think:

GothamGirl wrote:
MrBatman wrote:In the teaser you see Gordon lying in the hospital bed,i think he's hurt by or Bane or he's henchman.

John will be one of the few people who's gonna know Batmans real identity.

There's no policeman in gotham anymore who wants to takedown Batman anymore after Bane explained that not Batman but Harvey was the one who killed six people.
I bet he was hurt by Bane himself, promoting Bruce to put back on the Batsuit.

Wait but, Gordon still doesn't know Batman is Bruce Wayne...but obviously talking to Bruce in the teaser (No Bale Batman voice)

How do you know that was Bruce in the hospital? No words were spoken. He was totally static on frame left. Could have definitely been Batman there.

eisentower30 wrote:
GothamGirl wrote: I bet he was hurt by Bane himself, promoting Bruce to put back on the Batsuit.

How do you know that was Bruce in the hospital? No words were spoken. He was totally static on frame left. Could have definitely been Batman there.

Gordon: "We were in this together. And now there is evil rising. The Batman must come back."
Batman/Bruce: "What if he doesn't exist anymore?"

Why wouldn't Gordon just say, "You have to come back?"

IDK. You are probably right. Makes more sense if it was Batman.

eisentower30 wrote:
GothamGirl wrote: I bet he was hurt by Bane himself, promoting Bruce to put back on the Batsuit.

Bruce said, "What if he doesn't exist anymore?" in his regular voice. Also, (and this is going off of from 3-month-old memories) I think there might have been reports of Bruce climbing in/out of the hospital while wearing a ski mask.

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
eisentower30 wrote:
Bruce said, "What if he doesn't exist anymore?" in his regular voice. Also, (and this is going off of from 3-month-old memories) I think there might have been reports of Bruce climbing in/out of the hospital while wearing a ski mask.
Yep, one of the first set photos was an external shot of a man wearing a grey suit and black balaclava climbing out of a hospital window. It was filmed in Greenwich, London and at first we all thought it was just someone preparing for a stunt. But yeah, it's Bruce in that hospital with Gordon, he must enter as Bruce and he has to escape by climbing out of the window.
At that point in the film I'd say Bruce is fit and healthy. He's certainly fit enough to be climbing out of windows again anyway.

Last edited by thedisabledcubicle on November 28th, 2011, 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GothamGirl wrote:
eisentower30 wrote:

Gordon: "We were in this together. And now there is evil rising. The Batman must come back."
Batman/Bruce: "What if he doesn't exist anymore?"

Why wouldn't Gordon just say, "You have to come back?"

IDK. You are probably right. Makes more sense if it was Batman.
Bruce was wearing a black ski mask.
Then jumped out a window. Probably to evade a nurse or cop coming to check up on Gordon.
dark-knight-cropped-580x455.jpg
UPDATE: I know. I was beat to the punch. Atleast I brought something to the table: the picture :P
UPDATE: Nevermind. @thedisabledcubicle edited his post with the picture.... :suicide:

Beaten by 10 seconds or so. No worries. :wave:

thedisabledcubicle wrote:
EnzoTheBaker wrote:
Yep, one of the first set photos was an external shot of a man wearing a grey suit and black balaclava climbing out of a hospital window. It was filmed in Greenwich, London and at first we all thought it was just someone preparing for a stunt. But yeah, it's Bruce in that hospital with Gordon, he must enter as Bruce and he has to escape by climbing out of the window.
At that point in the film I'd say Bruce is fit and healthy. He's certainly fit enough to be climbing out of windows again anyway.

That looks totally ridiculous. I remember these pictures.