[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
thedisabledcubicle wrote:
thedisabledcubicle wrote:Didn't someone claim here that a scene was shot in which Bane places his mask over Batman's face?

If Bats gets broken then Bane giving him the mask to counteract the pain could be his method of torturing him. Injure Batman severely, but keep him alive on the drug and force him to watch Gotham crumble?

that would be a very merciful/sinister thing....lets hope that scene exists

mchekhov wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't like that to happen to me. The Joker wanted to watch the world burn, Bane wants Batman to watch it burn. This film is going to be dark.

christophmac wrote:
mchekhov wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't like that to happen to me. The Joker wanted to watch the world burn, Bane wants Batman to watch it burn. This film is going to be dark.

At the same time, he may sympathize with Bruce on some level. If there is a strong parallel between them. Bruce is a loner like him, has traveled the world to find himself. Bane may look at him as a spiritual kin. Ra's felt that Bruce should have been by his side. The Joker said the Batman was just like him, and that he completed him. What will Bane think?

mchekhov wrote:
christophmac wrote:

At the same time, he may sympathize with Bruce on some level. If there is a strong parallel between them. Bruce is a loner like him, has traveled the world to find himself. Bane may look at him as a spiritual kin. Ra's felt that Bruce should have been by his side. The Joker said the Batman was just like him, and that he completed him. What will Bane think?
All the villains so far have seen Batman as an equal of sorts. While The Joker sees Batman as a counterpart, Ra's sees him as a lost son figure. I'd imagine Bane wants to appeal to Batman's emotions and convince him that he's right to inspire terror. I guess Batman is going to have to face a lot of big choices in this film, it's almost going to be too intense for me to handle.

mchekhov wrote:
christophmac wrote:

Bane's motivation in the past has been to 'beat' Batman. A bit like Riddler, Bane is determined to prove that he is stronger mentally (and physically) than Batman.

The Joker loved the foreplay, but Bane just wants to win.

mchekhov wrote:

Bane's motivation in the past has been to 'beat' Batman. A bit like Riddler, Bane is determined to prove that he is stronger mentally (and physically) than Batman.

The Joker loved the foreplay, but Bane just wants to win.
Aah. I wish I read more of the comics now, because I really don't know that much about Bane.

christophmac wrote:
Aah. I wish I read more of the comics now, because I really don't know that much about Bane.
Same here. All I know about Bane is...
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

I posted this in the empire forum as well but I think it's appropriate here as well.... Seeing Bane hold up the picture of Harvey makes me wonder: with the film taking place 8 years after TDK, why would Bane be holding a picture of the district attorney? It doesn't make much sense to me as to why the people of Gotham would even have in the recess of their mind what happened 8 years ago. I'm a bit skeptical about this 8 year jump forward. I could see a 2 year jump forward and the people still remember Harvey and everything that happened..but 8 years?

Skyab23 wrote:I posted this in the empire forum as well but I think it's appropriate here as well.... Seeing Bane hold up the picture of Harvey makes me wonder: with the film taking place 8 years after TDK, why would Bane be holding a picture of the district attorney? It doesn't make much sense to me as to why the people of Gotham would even have in the recess of their mind what happened 8 years ago. I'm a bit skeptical about this 8 year jump forward. I could see a 2 year jump forward and the people still remember Harvey and everything that happened..but 8 years?
If what you're saying is true, then wouldn't a picture of Harvey Dent help to jog the publics memory 8 years later.

Skyab23 wrote:I posted this in the empire forum as well but I think it's appropriate here as well.... Seeing Bane hold up the picture of Harvey makes me wonder: with the film taking place 8 years after TDK, why would Bane be holding a picture of the district attorney? It doesn't make much sense to me as to why the people of Gotham would even have in the recess of their mind what happened 8 years ago. I'm a bit skeptical about this 8 year jump forward. I could see a 2 year jump forward and the people still remember Harvey and everything that happened..but 8 years?
If what you're saying is true, then wouldn't a picture of Harvey Dent help to jog the publics memory 8 years later.
Maybe so. I guess I just don't understand the point of going 8 years into the future when you could accomplish the same thing 2 years later and have it be more effective?