[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
if the rumor about him is true, then it's reasonable to think he is privy to some huge secret information. Could be either Batman's identity,the League's plans, or all the good that Harvey has done for Gotham, as the joker put it lol

talli wrote:I think that fight outside of the city hall takes place in the first or 2nd act....the police defeat the LOS mercenaries but Bane ends up f***ing Batman up....the whole thing turns out to be a diversion and then Bane really lets the city have it
What about the set video that had all of the police officers looking up and seemingly celebrating something?

Rukia wrote:
talli wrote:I think that fight outside of the city hall takes place in the first or 2nd act....the police defeat the LOS mercenaries but Bane ends up f***ing Batman up....the whole thing turns out to be a diversion and then Bane really lets the city have it
What about the set video that had all of the police officers looking up and seemingly celebrating something?

what about it...that whole confrontation looks to be too small scale to be at the climax of the movie, if you ask me.

Cross-posting this:
thedisabledcubicle wrote:
sunshine786 wrote:
i reckon bane is telling batman to reveal who batman is to the world. batman is captured and being hauled out in frnt of crowd. no one has a spy pic - nolan kept a lid on that of that specific scene. Bane cant be referring to the EMP device as the thing that has brought this problems on Gotham. so he says take control of your city i.e. dont let batman etc run around amock as a vigilante, this is the instrument of your demise (Nolan delibertealy beging vague so we think banes talking EMP device but really its batman
I really like the sound of this.
Personally, I think "the device" looks really tacky and silly, but I suppose they need to explain the fields complete destruction somehow. I just hope it's not the BIG storyline of the film. But yes, perhaps it was a decoy and in fact Batman is being dragged out center stage? Perhaps this is the scene in which Batman is unmasked and/or killed.
Sorry, but it could happen.

When I think about; the fight we saw in the trailer is their first battle... Batman is defeated and captured and then dragged out in a prime-time show and unmasked. We've heard a rumour that it looked like Bane slit a guys' throat, but it could just as well have been a mask-reveal.

God, I actually want this scene to happen more than anything else now.
I truly feel that when we see this final scene it will have completely different connotations.
Does anyone else think that Batman's true identity will be revealed in this film? I mean, Bane's best storyline is that he outsmarts Batman, breaks him and learns the truth. Add the Harvey reveal from the prison-break scene and Bane could very well be a liberator of Gotham's secrets.
I think the truth about Batman will come out in this film and personally I think Gotham would get behind Bruce in an even bigger way if they learnt the truth (Batman fighting alongside the cops and getting cheered). He would truly become Gotham's Prince, risking his life to maintain the ideals of his father and the hope of a corrupt city.

thedisabledcubicle wrote:Cross-posting this:
thedisabledcubicle wrote:
I really like the sound of this.
Personally, I think "the device" looks really tacky and silly, but I suppose they need to explain the fields complete destruction somehow. I just hope it's not the BIG storyline of the film. But yes, perhaps it was a decoy and in fact Batman is being dragged out center stage? Perhaps this is the scene in which Batman is unmasked and/or killed.
Sorry, but it could happen.

When I think about; the fight we saw in the trailer is their first battle... Batman is defeated and captured and then dragged out in a prime-time show and unmasked. We've heard a rumour that it looked like Bane slit a guys' throat, but it could just as well have been a mask-reveal.

God, I actually want this scene to happen more than anything else now.
I truly feel that when we see this final scene it will have completely different connotations.
Does anyone else think that Batman's true identity will be revealed in this film? I mean, Bane's best storyline is that he outsmarts Batman, breaks him and learns the truth. Add the Harvey reveal from the prison-break scene and Bane could very well be a liberator of Gotham's secrets.
I think the truth about Batman will come out in this film and personally I think Gotham would get behind Bruce in an even bigger way if they learnt the truth (Batman fighting alongside the cops and getting cheered). He would truly become Gotham's Prince, risking his life to maintain the ideals of his father and the hope of a corrupt city.
I suspect Bruce will be revealed as Batman and will have to go to court. Here's why.

At 0:54

Of course, this quote doesn't mean anything in the long run. However, it definitely supports the idea that Bruce may be arrested and prosecuted for breaking laws as Batman.

Just my opinion......

So I was watching Batman Begins again the other day. There's a line in there about how Thomas Wayne nearly bankrupted Wayne Enterprises with his philanthropy. Just something to think about with a certain other person reconnecting Bruce with his father's agenda even though it's a public company now--that Bruce bought into via charitable foundations and trusts (the end of BB).

The identity of Bruce Wayne may come out from Bane...but there could also be something Batman/Alfred/Gordon does to make it seem "false" so the public is in the dark again.

The only problem I would have with Bane revealing Bruce's identity is that while Bane has always sought to destroy Batman he still had a mutual respect, much like Ra's, for his opponent. He was never concerned with revealing Batman's identity which he could have done easily since he knew who Batman was shortly after arriving in Gotham.

If that's what Nolan sees fit than I'm sure he'll make it work. But I've always liked that Bane never had a desire to exploit Bruce's identity. Bruce wayne is meaningless to Bane. In the comics it is only Bruce's alter ego that Bane wants. But if Bruce loses his identity than technically Bane will have no symbol to break and ruin. The reveal will already have distilled the symbolism.

Bane's purpose in the comics was to crush that symbol among the people of Gotham by destroying their champion. And while revealing Batman's identity is a way of doing that I like the idea of Bane literally breaking him more to be honest.

It does look like either way though that this is the route Nolan is going. Bane will bring Batman to his lowest point before The Dark Knight will Rise.

I don't think I want to properly speculate about this, but Bane's voice is very Strange.

I highly doubt that Nolan would combine characters though, just storylines and art-panels is enough.

thedisabledcubicle wrote:I don't think I want to properly speculate about this, but Bane's voice is very Strange.

I highly doubt that Nolan would combine characters though, just storylines and art-panels is enough.
I don't think he will combine Strange and Bane, it would just be a weird mixture of characters in my opinion.
anonymity wrote:
The only problem I would have with Bane revealing Bruce's identity is that while Bane has always sought to destroy Batman he still had a mutual respect, much like Ra's, for his opponent. He was never concerned with revealing Batman's identity which he could have done easily since he knew who Batman was shortly after arriving in Gotham.

If that's what Nolan sees fit than I'm sure he'll make it work. But I've always liked that Bane never had a desire to exploit Bruce's identity. Bruce wayne is meaningless to Bane. In the comics it is only Bruce's alter ego that Bane wants. But if Bruce loses his identity than technically Bane will have no symbol to break and ruin. The reveal will already have distilled the symbolism.

Bane's purpose in the comics was to crush that symbol among the people of Gotham by destroying their champion. And while revealing Batman's identity is a way of doing that I like the idea of Bane literally breaking him more to be honest.

It does look like either way though that this is the route Nolan is going. Bane will bring Batman to his lowest point before The Dark Knight will Rise.
I think the idea of exposing him to everyone is in a way breaking him. But then again it could have the opposite effect than what Bane wants. Like everyone seeing that Bruce Wayne, whom they all thought was just a spoiled arrogant playboy has been risking everything for them, it could galvanize the city into fighting off the evil that has taken it over. It could shake them out of apathy.