[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Viral114 wrote:
JUSTIN time wrote:

I see this movie moving in another direction. I don’t think this movie will deal with Batman’s identity being revealed to the public because it was already done in The Dark Knight.

I think the cops’ being after Batman is going to play a part in the movie, mostly involving Gordon and some office politics. But they have no chance of actually catching Bruce/Batman. There will be some close calls and maybe a chase scene or two but I think Bruce is safe from the cops.

I think his identity will only be at risk because Bane is trying to figure it out and Bane only wants the information for himself.
i have to disagree with you there.. if anything Batman's identity will be MORE of a concern for Gotham than ever before..
as you mentioned earlier, Dent has become the martyr + white knight symbol that will help Gotham get to its feet..

the police force have become a strong opponent of the batman at the end of the dark knight (with the exception of Gordon)
they blame batman for the deaths of all the cops that were killed by the joker and condemn him for not abiding by the law.. in my opinion the police will present a formidable challenge for the batman.. he will be at a loss when it comes to intelligence (unless Gordon has the time to play the messenger)... also i believe that the question of batman's identity will be an important one rather than a joke..

how many Gotham citizens can afford the tumbler? what is Kyle Reese's connection with the batman??
all of these questions may lead Fox to come under fire by the police (and possibly Bane).. as mentioned on another topic

anyways the point is: in a scenario where both the police and Bane are rat racing to find batman's identity, Bane will view it as a disadvantage and do all in his power to sabotage the police force's investigation of the batman

or on the contrary, Bane can come in and viewed as a hero who is dethroning a corrupted vigilante...the public and police may celebrate his presence....It can become all about Perception and Perspective...the audience will know that Batman is the true hero to root for, and it will create a tension because the Gotham Public will oppose that view

TalkOnCorners wrote:
Viral114 wrote:guys i am getting the feeling that Batman will use live bats again
Funny you mentioned that because after re-watching BB, I just realized how much I loved that.
I loved this scene too! It would be interesting to see Batman calling for them again and it would be a very smart idea IMO 8-)
or on the contrary, Bane can come in and viewed as a hero who is dethroning a corrupted vigilante...the public and police may celebrate his presence....It can become all about Perception and Perspective...the audience will know that Batman is the true hero to root for, and it will create a tension because the Gotham Public will oppose that view
That could be interesting! It would leave place to the Gordon/Bane scenes and it would really be scenes full of tension as Gordon would be the only one knowing he can trust Batman and not trusting Bane and most of the other cops would think otherwise so again he could be left to himself. Bane could also notice it and threaten him in some ways (not his family like Dent did but him specifically or he could ask him to call for Batman or something else as he would find out that they are close and no one will believe Gordon when he will say that Bane is dangerous)

Batcat wrote:
That could be interesting! It would leave place to the Gordon/Bane scenes and it would really be scenes full of tension as Gordon would be the only one knowing he can trust Batman and not trusting Bane and most of the other cops would think otherwise so again he could be left to himself. Bane could also notice it and threaten him in some ways (not his family like Dent did but him specifically or he could ask him to call for Batman or something else as he would find out that they are close and no one will believe Gordon when he will say that Bane is dangerous)
:thumbup: Yesssss.

talli wrote: or on the contrary, Bane can come in and viewed as a hero who is dethroning a corrupted vigilante...the public and police may celebrate his presence....It can become all about Perception and Perspective...the audience will know that Batman is the true hero to root for, and it will create a tension because the Gotham Public will oppose that view
:think: if that is the case then we also have to assume that Bane does not wear a mask and isn't on record for any crimes
(as far as Gotham is concerned)... but then, (obviously) he must have an ulterior motive

the way i see it, Gotham wouldn't let one vigilante replace another.. so there obviously would have to be something
unique and appealing about Bane

I hope that the people of Gotham eventually learn that Batman is their true hero and that Dent turned into a murdering ____ that killed people. That'd be a good ending...Bruce learns that he's something very special and that Batman is almost like his destiny or purpose in life and the people of Gotham kinda begin to accept him as their hero. Kinda like how Metropolis loves Superman.

Alright, I only read the last few pages and forgive me in advance if this is similar to some older posts... But, in TDKR, it will be structured very similarly to BB. Just expect A LOT of epic (and I mean epic) scenes with the numerous villains that have been cast...

Not to mention all of the hype and rumors that have been going around...

1. A quote from an inside source says that "Hugo Strange is in fact the main villain of the film."
-This brings a lot of dynamic to the script. Imagine how many twists and turns this story could take... As you all know, Hugo Strange is a deranged Psychologist who is helping GCPD to catch the Bat (Prey). In other comics, he is also tied into being a doctor at the same prison Bane grew up in as a child. While he's a doctor at the prison, he develops Venom and sees Bane as the most brilliant and gifted inmate to try it on... Also remember, Strange is so obsessed with the Bat, that he himself dresses as the Batman and stalks the night ruining the real Batmans reputation. I see Strange having upgraded armor, similar to a suit you would see Jason Todd wear after he went all pyscho. I also see Strange killing the criminals as did Todd.

2. Last week, I googled TDKR at about 4:00AM for the hell of it when I got off of work... Just to see what was new... There was a tweet by Joseph Gordon Levitt saying "Guess who's Robin?". The person who saw the tweet took a screenshot of it and I think it's still up. Just google: Joseph Gordon Levitt Robin. (JGL's tweet was quickly removed. Sounds like Nolan was pissed)

a. Robin could work in this film, only if JGL played the role.

b. Robin could provide support to Batman and help him do some "on-the-side detective work." Say I'm crazy, but just like Bane, Robin doesn't have to have a mask in this film (or a costume at all in that matter). I see a storyline that goes something like: Bruce wants to divert attention from himself so that he isn't investigated by the GCPD as the Batman... So, he begins the process of building his mansion "Brick by brick" and he gets into small talk with one of the workers (Jason Todd). They become friends and one day while Bruce is out, Jason sneaks around the mansion to find out that Bruce is Batman. Todd confronts Bruce about being the Batman saying "He wants in". Bruce refuses... So in frustration, Todd gets a hold of either a radio or aGPS and begins to listen in on Batman while he is out fighting crime. To impress Wayne, Todd starts sneaking around to the crime scenes and helping Batman. Batman ultimately accepts his help and gives him the codename: Robin... I think he will be more like a street detective than masked super hero.

3. More Joseph Gordon Levitt speculation: Joseph Gordon Levitt could still play Alberto Falcone and not be the holiday killer. His character will be very similar to his father in BB and Maroni in TDK. He'll just be that mobster that adds in extra aggravation for Batman. BUT, remember I said expect a lot of EPIC stuff! At the arc of the film, Falcone will evolve into his second character, just like Dent did. This will make for the next villain in the Nolan franchise... The Black Mask... Expect it...

4. Anne Hathaway as Catwoman = Great Choice... Not at first, but after I've marinated on it for a while. Great Choice... Catwoman in this film will be seen as a gorgeous (but poor) woman who catches Bruce on a good day. Bruce thinks she's beautiful, begins an infatuation with her and then asks her out. A couple days go by, a jewelry store is robbed and Batman investigates... He finds a string from a whip... On the date, he asks her if shes heard about the robbery and she becomes distraught. He drops her off a few blocks from the poor neighborhood so she isn't embarrassed and then he goes out as Batman. Later in the night, Batman sees the Catwoman out and chases her. They have an epic chase scene and she ultimately gets away. In the second chase scene (which will be even more epic) it will end with them kissing. After the kiss. they know eachothers identities. Boom! ALLIES. Juno Temples character is just going to be Selena Kyles friend and inspiration to rob from the rich. On the contrary, Juno will be Selena Kyles inspiration to steal and rebuild the poor neighborhood.

5. Now, Banes story... Like I said before, he was an orphan and ended up in prison. There he read every single book he could get his hands on and taught himself martial arts... His doctor, Hugo Strange sees him as brilliant and full of potential so he convinces Bane to try his new drug, Venom. Bane becomes addicted to the power and becomes the most feared person in the prison. After years go by and Bane is an absolute animal, the League of Shadows shows up to the prison to have a meeting with Hugo Strange. Ra's Al Ghuls daughter, Tahlia (Marion Cottilard) tells Hugo Strange that she wants to infiltrate Gothams government system and destroy the Batman who murdered her father. Strange has heard stories of the bat and has become obsessed with him so he naturally accepts. Tahlia also mentions that she needs a bodyguard and she is introduced to Bane. Bane is released from prison and falls for Tahlia and will stop at nothing to protect her. She tells Bane that they are going to "break the bat". After chasing the bat, Bane discovers the identity of Batman and keeps it secret.

6. Daniel Sunjata will most likely just be a crooked cop as seen in the first two films.

7. Josh Pence will be in a flashback scenes involving the back story of Tahlia Al Ghul.

8. Alfred is going to quit on Batman and go back to London to find his family.

9. Lucius Fox is going to hook up Batman with a jet and upgrade his armor. He will still be in control of Wayne Enterprises.

AND......................................................

Okay, that's enough for tonight... I have so many different thoughts about this movie that it's driving me insane.

Responses are welcome.

@ BatNerd,that part about robin is :facepalm: because i first want to see that tweet picture for proof,and if he really written that
i think he was toying around with the die-hard fans.

The story about Strange could work,but what's your inside source?
and the rest i take as salt for now.

Viral114 wrote:i have to disagree with you there.. if anything Batman's identity will be MORE of a concern for Gotham than ever before..
as you mentioned earlier, Dent has become the martyr + white knight symbol that will help Gotham get to its feet..

the police force have become a strong opponent of the batman at the end of the dark knight (with the exception of Gordon)
they blame batman for the deaths of all the cops that were killed by the joker and condemn him for not abiding by the law.. in my opinion the police will present a formidable challenge for the batman.. he will be at a loss when it comes to intelligence (unless Gordon has the time to play the messenger)... also i believe that the question of batman's identity will be an important one rather than a joke..

how many Gotham citizens can afford the tumbler? what is Kyle Reese's connection with the batman??
all of these questions may lead Fox to come under fire by the police (and possibly Bane).. as mentioned on another topic

anyways the point is: in a scenario where both the police and Bane are rat racing to find batman's identity, Bane will view it as a disadvantage and do all in his power to sabotage the police force's investigation of the batman
I should have worded my post differently.

I agree with what you posted above. But I just don’t think that Bane will have to interfere with the police and their investigation of Batman.

But I think it will be Gordon’s role to mislead the police. Gordon is going to make sure to keep the investigations away from Batman. It’s hard to speculate exactly how Gordon will do that (throwing away real evidence or ignoring reports etc) but after the events of TDK (Becoming Commissioner and saving the mayor) I think that Gordon has the respect of the other officers. And that respect will keep the officials believing Gordon for a while. I see there being some conflict coming from Internal Affairs. But I think Gordon will be able to keep everyone off the real trail of Batman. How long Gordon can protect Batman is the bigger question but the movie will have to answer that.

I just see Bane doing things a little differently and only time will tell whose speculation is closest to Nolan’s idea.

what if Selina Kyle is a call girl, who gets entangled romantically with Bruce Wayne...a non committed relationship...just someone who Bruce Wayne happens to need at the time...a woman who comes and goes, somebody he can share himself with emotionally....Bane, suspecting that Bruce Wayne is Batman, buys her services and pries her mind about Bruce..."what can you tell me about Bruce Wayne?"