[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Haha, yes I agree with you! I also love the fact that people can agree or disagree over here while staying polite and trying to understand each others point of views. I know it's not the same on some other forums where there's only 1 point of view and everyone has to agree with it (mostly when it's the moderator who wants it, that's terrible!^^)

I kind of agree with the "choices" part although I do think there's also something universal about what's right or wrong. I also think it could take hours to talk about such a thing, but yeah it's a very interesting subject.

And finally yes, lets go back to the plot speculation, could be about Bane though. As I said, I don't know much about him so I can't really tell what part he will take in the story. For those who know him a bit more, I'm interested to know what you think. 8-)

MW715 wrote:
Batcat wrote: Yeah, I know what you mean. I wish he can do that eventhough I have a hard time seeing how ;)
It's Nolan, he'll find a way :innolanwetrust:
Yes, he will (*he will, he will, he will* :lol: ) :goNF:

Lynn wrote:If Batman dies, I hope no other masked vigilante takes his place. If it happened, IMO it would kinda defeat the point of TDK.
What Gotham needs is someone to take up Dent's place, not another masked man.

BatMotor wrote: JGL will not be a hero i think in TDKR.is JGL already been confirmed at all officialy by Nolan and co???
What if JGL does become a hero?, wouldn't that be an interesting reversal? JGL is playing Falcone's son, he'll probably take over his father's mob business; run the mob, pursue Batman, ect.; what if he was the one to eventually pick up Dent's mantle and (after a dynamic evil to good character transition) helps to legitimize his father's business mob business after Batman dies/leaves/whatever else he does; And in doing so, helps to end the mob violence and corruption that Batman originally set out to destroy? :think:

Just a thought

What's great about Bane in this in terms of plot speculation.

In the past two films Batman has been in the way a nuisance to whatever plans the villain of the film was engaged in. Batman has truly been secondary annoyance to previous villains including the mob. Batman was never anyone's ultimate priority.

Bane however is fixed on Batman. He comes to Gotham to find him, study him, learn from him so that he will know him and that he may break him. Bane has ultimate goals and motives yes, but focuses calmly, affirmatively, carefully on the task at hand. And I am hoping that like in the comics we will see this obsession unfold.

It will be really interesting to see someone really get inside of Bruce's life and in this way we can have a more personal and intimate story about Bruce Wayne. Hush and Hugo would have also been sufficient for this but Bane meets Batman physically in a way Hugo or Hush don't. Also Bane has bigger goals beyond batman himself pertaining to Gotham City and the citizens.

That seems like a very interesting plot for him really. I think it could be interesting to see him being so obsessed with Batman, tracing him, talking about him all the time. If it happens to be like this it will probably freak me out :lol:

I do think somehow that the Joker was obsessed with Batman too, but yeah it wasn't really the same way I suppose.

But why does Bane want to break Batman? Does he want to replace him or something? (by replacing him, I mean that he would be as known as the Dark Knight for Gotham citizens but his rules would differ from Batman's rules of course)

anonymity wrote: Bane however is fixed on Batman. He comes to Gotham to find him, study him, learn from him so that he will know him and that he may break him. Bane has ultimate goals and motives yes, but focuses calmly, affirmatively, carefully on the task at hand. And I am hoping that like in the comics we will see this obsession unfold.
i have a feeling Bane might have some philosophy like: "justice is about revenge"
(but i personally don't want this vendetta to be against Bruce or the Wayne family...)

also i would like it if Bane symbolizes self interest and acquirement of hedonistic needs.. a person who
makes self preservation his utmost priority..
on the one hand you have the batman being a selfless vigilante and on the other hand you have Bane who
only cares about himself

who knows maybe breaking batman will up his self esteem or rep... or something :lol:

@ anonymity.. i just realized you replied to me on the Bane 101.. pretty cool that vengeance is on all our minds

Viral114 wrote:
i have a feeling Bane might have some philosophy like: "justice is about revenge"
(but i personally don't want this vendetta to be against Bruce or the Wayne family...)

also i would like it if Bane symbolizes self interest and acquirement of hedonistic needs.. a person who
makes self preservation his utmost priority..
on the one hand you have the batman being a selfless vigilante and on the other hand you have Bane who
only cares about himself

who knows maybe breaking batman will up his self esteem or rep... or something :lol:
Bane has no vengeance to take on Batman. Though, that does make me realize an aspect about Bane I had not realized. Bane also lost his parents at a young age. He didn't know his father and took it particularly hard when he lost his mother. Bane also spent his life in Prison serving for his father's crimes. I've said before Bane wasn't coddled after losing his parents the way Bruce was which can make how someone reacts to this situation differently. This is what is unique about each of their situations how their lives changed and the choices they made in dealing with the rage inside them.

Perhaps Bane is vengeful against the entire world for the childhood that was robbed from him. So saying his idea of justice is vengeance makes a lot of sense.

And yes taking down Batman is a way of dealing with his pain. Just like the bad ass bully in high school is only picking on the popular kid because of his own faults out of envy.

I think perhaps, Bane thinks of Batman as a joke...he thinks of him as a broken ideal, or an unattainable idea...Bruce believes in the justice system....but where was the justice when Bane had to serve a sentence for something he never did?

Maybe Bane wants to punish Bruce for believing in such a silly idea..."True justice"

Bane wants to show Bruce what a product of "justice" can and will do to him...he will break him

talli wrote:I think perhaps, Bane thinks of Batman as a joke...he thinks of him as a broken ideal, or an unattainable idea...Bruce believes in the justice system....but where was the justice when Bane had to serve a sentence for something he never did?

Maybe Bane wants to punish Bruce for believing in such a silly idea..."True justice"

Bane wants to show Bruce what a product of "justice" can and will do to him...he will break him

+ 1 That makes a lot of sense!