[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Maybe Batman actually gets to a point in the movie where he accepts that he's going to die because he actually IS going to die, but it then turns out he doesn't by some randomchance, hand of fate or whatever.

you could see him startled for a good 10 seconds after survival goin' ".....well ffuuck"

no matter what happens...just be glad we probably won't be seeing any of this...or will we

Put Bane where Nightwing is. :modesty:

I find it funny how people spend there time drawing that... :lol: they love it a bit too much... :shifty:

Z. Cobb wrote:I find it funny how people spend there time drawing that... :lol: they love it a bit too much... :shifty:
Oh, I follow a lot of slash fangirls on tumblr, they live and breath on that stuff. :modesty:

SantomTheWhite wrote:Maybe Batman actually gets to a point in the movie where he accepts that he's going to die because he actually IS going to die, but it then turns out he doesn't by some randomchance, hand of fate or whatever.

you could see him startled for a good 10 seconds after survival goin' ".....well ffuuck"
I kind of like this idea, it could be good if it's well done in a way that we really ALL believe he's dead and finally ("thank God" :lol: ) he isn't.
I agree that it would be kinda similar to the Prestige, but actually I'd like it. The theme of sacrifice was prominent in TDK, and I'd hate it to be dropped. And most of Nolan's films basically revolve around the same themes. Take Memento and Inception. They deal with the same issues (e.g. what is reality? Do we tell ourselves lies in order to live better?) but they're completely different films. What is more, Borden and Angier's "sacrifices" surely weren't selfless in the way Batman's own sacrifice at the end of TDK is.
I understand, although there are other sacrifices to do than dying; for example in TDK Bruce did 2 sacrifices: he lost Rachel (well ok, this wasn't really a sacrifice in the sens that he didn't know she would die, he wanted to save her) and he lost his reputation as Batman, so now he has to live like an outlaw eventhough he hasn't done anything bad. Also in Inception (depending on how you view it of course^^) Cobb doesn't die or really sacrifice himself, his goal is to find his children. The way he sacrifices himself is by letting go his dreams (and Mal)..

See what I mean, I would also like a selfless sacrifice from Batman at some moment, but I think it could be something else than dying, something worst for him maybe but very beautiful. I hope Nolan can do something like that 8-)

Batman will die at last.....Thank god for this jesus christ superstar holyshit,good riddence.

SantomTheWhite wrote:no matter what happens...just be glad we probably won't be seeing any of this...or will we

Batcat wrote:
SantomTheWhite wrote:Maybe Batman actually gets to a point in the movie where he accepts that he's going to die because he actually IS going to die, but it then turns out he doesn't by some randomchance, hand of fate or whatever.

I kind of like this idea, it could be good if it's well done in a way that we really ALL believe he's dead and finally ("thank God" :lol: ) he isn't.
Oh, I can already imagine the reaction of the audience. When I saw Inception for the first time, half the audience was cursing Nolan (in a - sorta - good way) when the film ended. :lol:
See what I mean, I would also like a selfless sacrifice from Batman at some moment, but I think it could be something else than dying, something worst for him maybe but very beautiful. I hope Nolan can do something like that 8-)
Yeah, sortof a bittersweet ending. I like those. :) Oh well, we'll see what Nolan has in mind.

i think Batman has made more than enough sacrifices for Gotham..
the very reason the batman symbol exists is because of Bruce's faith in people..
faith that one day the citizens of Gotham realize that eradicating crime and corruption from their city is their
own responsibility and expecting some vigilante to do it for them wouldn't be rewarding his faith/trust..

the way i see it: if batman remains the outlawed protector of Gotham, his faith in people will eventually diminish
and he will eventually become no different than the joker or Ra's al Ghul.. realistically speaking selflessness
hardly ever exists.. i believe whatever Bruce does, he does to preserve the Wayne legacy.. (he can manage
a bit of collateral damage from the press)

his parents died and their deaths ended up saving Gotham from ruin.. i think Batman's death can accomplish something
similar.. who knows maybe Bruce himself may pick up the mantle after Batman.. but that would require a drastic transition
from his contemporary image (millionaire playboy to charity worker)..

all those who think Batman will rise and will ultimately remain the protector of Gotham need to realize that Bruce
Wayne has limits.. Batman doesn't.. if Bruce chooses to remain a symbol, his mask becomes him.. meaning he will keep
selflessly sacrificing his time and money for Gotham, not expecting a single "thank you" in return..

and what does Gotham give him?
a warrant for his arrest and additional corruption and crimes..

that would be a SAD ending, not a happy one
Batman (in the Nolan films) represents the desperate attempt of a man to go out of his way to fix his city..
he needs to wear a mask because otherwise he and his loved ones would end up hurt..
if the symbol remains through till the end of this trilogy and Bruce needs to wear a mask to avoid people he cares about
from reprisals, then Gotham would have failed both Bruce and his family...

in my opinion the batman symbol has to come to a definite end for a "happy ending"