[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Let's say the Joker didn't assume that he will really be caught at the end of TDK. I'm not saying that he really cared that much, I'm saying it wasn't part of his plan and in not being part of his plan it's also safe to assume that he hasn't been prepared for it or in other words won't have a way outta that cell.

prince0gotham wrote:Let's say the Joker didn't assume that he will really be caught at the end of TDK. I'm not saying that he really cared that much, I'm saying it wasn't part of his plan and in not being part of his plan it's also safe to assume that he hasn't been prepared for it or in other words won't have a way outta that cell.
But not being prepared for it, doesn't mean he can't find the way out of that cell. It's the Joker, for me he will always be able to find a way out someday, even more if he wants to find Batman ;)

Yes, it's just that the TDK episode of Joker ends with TDK. TDKR episode isn't concerned by the Joker, but that doesn't mean it's saying he's gone for good. And the lack of something that says he's gone for good isn't something bad. I'm saying that TDKR doesn't need to give hints whether the Joker is still a threat or not. We don't really need to know what happens with him right now.

Batcat wrote:I also think it's too early to replace Batman, there's no one able enough to give his life for Gotham except him yet.
TDKR is the third and final installment of Nolan's Batman..
if Batman is to leave a legacy (and not babysit Gotham every night) the finishing movie is the best bet..

If Batman does die I think that Bruce Wayne will have to die too otherwise it wouldn't be a good ending really. A bit too boring because you know nothing else is going to happen after batman is dead. The ending will be something that none of us will have thought about probably - which will make it genius.

Hey, cchriswake!

RETIRED? ;)

Batman just recently "died" in the comics. It would be to soon to kill him.

xWhereAmI? wrote:Batman just recently "died" in the comics. It would be to soon to kill him.
I don't think Nolan cares what happens in the recent comics. His doing whatever he wants.

chee wrote:
xWhereAmI? wrote:Batman just recently "died" in the comics. It would be to soon to kill him.
I don't think Nolan cares what happens in the recent comics. His doing whatever he wants.
Yeah I know, but I think killing him would not work in a third movie. Superhero movies IMO are supposed to give you hope and killing off one of the most realistic superhero to quickly would be bad.

xWhereAmI? wrote:
chee wrote:
Yeah I know, but I think killing him would not work in a third movie. Superhero movies IMO are supposed to give you hope and killing off one of the most realistic superhero to quickly would be bad.
Yeah, but this is Nolan we're talking about. He's not exactly Mr. Happy Endings.

And I'm just playing Devil's Advocate right now, I don't want Batman to die at the end either.