[SPOILERS] TDKR Plot Speculation

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
JUSTIN time wrote:
chee wrote:
I think the cops would just take over, not as much corruption as before.
Without Batman the mob could eventually organize and come back. Batman needs to be there to stop the mob before they can become a dominant force again. The cops can’t arrest anyone before they have proof of illegal activities and the mob can hide those activities really well.
The cops couldn't do anything with the mob because they were corrupted themselves, police officers would rat them out. Batman could inspire Gordon and many other people to make a stand against corrupted cops instead of just letting them stay because they had no other choice but do so.

chee wrote:The cops couldn't do anything with the mob because they were corrupted themselves, police officers would rat them out. Batman could inspire Gordon and many other people to make a stand against corrupted cops instead of just letting them stay because they had no other choice but do so.
Gotham didn't start out completely corrupt. Corruption doesn't start in the open. All it takes is for one person to become corrupt and eventually it will spread throughout the entire legal system.

It could go either way but I don't want Bruce to die. Anyone can die for an idea, but it takes a real man (person) to give up everything that makes life worth living in order to protect the city and people he or she cares about.

JUSTIN time wrote:
chee wrote:The cops couldn't do anything with the mob because they were corrupted themselves, police officers would rat them out. Batman could inspire Gordon and many other people to make a stand against corrupted cops instead of just letting them stay because they had no other choice but do so.
Gotham didn't start out completely corrupt. Corruption doesn't start in the open. All it takes is for one person to become corrupt and eventually it will spread throughout the entire legal system.

It could go either way but I don't want Bruce to die. Anyone can die for an idea, but it takes a real man (person) to give up everything that makes life worth living in order to protect the city and people he or she cares about.
i am not sure if there will be multiple batmans towards the end (and i know that is not Bruce's intention)..
we saw copycat cops in the dark knight and we also saw Harvey Dent trying to pick up the mantle after Batman..

both were failures.. maybe there is a slim chance that some character embodying a combination of such drives will
embolden the batman legacy.. fingers crossed for Gordon the caped crusader lol.. :oldmanface:

JUSTIN time wrote:

Yeah, Gotham didn't start out completely corrupt, so it can go back to that original state.

I just don't see anyone new as far as a masked vigilante taking over Batman at the end of this film. I see the end being where it remains as Batman and Bruce knows that he must be Batman for life and this is what he was truly meant to be.

He won't die, because of the continuing nature of comic books and all. But I hope the ending isn't all happy or sad, but bittersweet. Like the end of casablanca, or roman holiday, or to kill a mockingbird. I know those are all cinematic classics, but let's hope this will be, too :P

Bruce will realize,just like The Joker said "There's No Going Back,You've Changed Things Forever" that says it all.

BatMotor wrote:Bruce will realize,just like The Joker said "There's No Going Back,You've Changed Things Forever" that says it all.
+1

if Bruce remains Batman for life, that would prove Rachel right
the day won't come when Bruce will no longer need his mask (even though Gotham might not need it)

i interpret this as Batman's mistrust in people..
he basically has to babysit Gotham every night (to no end).. and Gotham's elite remain corrupt as ever..
i personally don't consider that a good ending.. considering not a single person in Gotham city has the cojones
to follow in Batman's foot steps and selflessly sacrifice their well being for the city..

again Dent failed only because he had something to loose and the fact that people knew his identity.. (though he did have the
White Knight symbol going for him)..

chee wrote:
Batcat wrote: Yeah, but how long will it last? Will it stop once people discover that Batman is dead, once other villain come out and no one is there to stop them? What will happen if ever the Joker comes out one day killing everyone searching for Batman because it's his antagonist but Batman doesn't exist anymore?

That's my problem with Bruce/Batman's "real" death in TDKR, I would prefer if dies for the city but keeps living :)
I think the cops would just take over, not as much corruption as before.
But the cops can't do much against the Joker, it was already proven once.

I also think it's too early to replace Batman, there's no one able enough to give his life for Gotham except him yet.