Anne Hathaway as Selena Kyle, Hardy as Bane!

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Christie wrote:This will be so interesting to see when it all comes together. Trusting Nolan on this! :thumbup:
Agreed! :clap:

Disappointed on both accounts (Villain wise, not actor/actress wise).

This is probably due to the fact that I already have stereotype impressions of both characters from their “famous” appearances (Catwoman/ Batman and Robin).

In Nolan we trust though, right? :mrgreen:

Wow, first trailer is going to be HUGE. :lol:

I see the Catwoman/Selina Kyle character being more of a dark and mysterious confidant for Batman. She will be a temptress of his soul and bring to light the failures of his past. I think she will be an awesome femme fatale that once again causes Batman to question who he is.

Catwoman needs to be VERY dark and mysterious.

Hrm, I'm hoping for a more toned and less breasty version of Selina. The Arkham City variant is pretty damn good, as is the Selina who showed up in that animated series The Batman. All I can say is dark hair please, jury is still out on whether long or short (the earlier pics prove Hathaway can pull off a pretty sexy short cut) and the most essential thing: goggles. Goggle!Catwoman is just about the only version of her I can stand, from a visual standpoint.

I have to admit, I'm not crash hot on Selina Kyle in the movie, never have been a fan of the character except in the occasional graphic novel. Then again, I didn't really want to see Joker again and Nolan did wonders with him so whilst my enthusiasm is low I still have pretty good expectations for this iteration of the character. I hope the Catwoman name isn't used, I'm hoping she's just called a "cat burglar".

As for Bane, I would have far preferred Hugo Strange, I liked the idea of the psychological interplay and the crushing nature of being attacked both as Bruce and as Batman, but there's not necessarily any reason that couldn't translate to the screen as Bane anyway. He's smart enough of a guy that I'm more than certain it won't be all physical.

Bane is one of those characters where I'm curious to see how Nolan will portray him, but I feel no real excitement about him as yet. Part of this is that it completely shrouds the plot in mystery again, and once the plot starts coming to light I'm sure this will resolve. But I really did have my heart set on a Black Mask/Hugo Strange/Hush~Deadshot triangle and I will mourn the missed opportunity to bring three all new characters to the big screen. I've just always been more a fan of showcasing lesser characters, rather than just reusing and reinventing the ones we've seen in film before. Bane really does need reinventing though, I agree with that much.

Armandhammer wrote:Disappointed on both accounts (Villain wise, not actor/actress wise).

This is probably due to the fact that I already have stereotype impressions of both characters from their “famous” appearances (Catwoman/ Batman and Robin).

In Nolan we trust though, right? :mrgreen:

Wow, first trailer is going to be HUGE. :lol:
I would say especially for Bane, his last movie appearance didn't do any justice to his character. It's really no basis to judge whether or not Bane will be good. For starters, this Bane will be able to talk.

Vagrant wrote:I've just always been more a fan of showcasing lesser characters, rather than just reusing and reinventing the ones we've seen in film before.
This is also one of the main reasons why I’m not that excited. :problem:

You Nailed it.

Cilogy wrote:What is it with Nolan and brown-haired women?
*cough*EmmaThomas*cough* ;)

JRM
:o :o :o :D :D :D

That is all.

I have faith in nolan that he will write catwoman the right way & anne hathaway,.... ppl said ledger was never gonna be a good joker & he was perfect. im hoping she is a good selina kyle.

As for tom hardy.....i was hoping for deadshot but bane is the next BEST thing. I CANT WAIT!!! :D :D :thumbup:
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.