Anne Hathaway as Selena Kyle, Hardy as Bane!

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
apw wrote:I wonder why she is only referred to as Selena Kyle and not Catwoman in the press release.
Couldn't that all just be part of the realism aspect though?

Actually having a woman who full on dresses like a Cat & is referred to as Catwoman, going out committing crime/seducing the local millionaire vigilante who dresses like a Bat may be stretching the realism he was trying to get in his Batman films, no? But if you just call her Selena Kyle and have her do that stuff it may be a bit more believable. *clutches at straws*

There's nothing to the fact she's being referred to as Selina Kyle. It's the same reason that Bale is credited as Bruce Wayne in the credits.

I am very excited about Hardy as Bane!

where is talli? ;)

I seriously hope they change up Bane's costume. I'm very happy about Anne Hathaway as Selina, although I don't really care for her. But Bane is...I don't like Bane. :lol:

Greatness!!! Hardy's Bane is going to be epic

Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle...not mad at all at that choice...she'll definitely have to transform, none of her goofy humor

but what about Talia? does that rule her out? Is Selina Kyle a love interest or the villain?

Oh yeah!!.. I can finally sleep now

Tom hardy needs to bulk up to suit the role of bane.

:problem: I would have preferred Black Mask, but whatever

:problem:
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Bane doesn't get enough credit for his intelligence. He's more than just a brute. He broke Batman's back because of a brilliant tactical plan. I always considered him to be the closest thing Batman has to an equal in the comic book. To see Tom Hardy portray Bane... I think it's very thrilling.

I'm happy with the Anne Hathaway announcement as well. Not my favorite, but she will do a good job.

This announcement debunks 99% of the rumors I have heard during the last several months. Most people did not expect Bane.

Oh man, I thought this was a joke when I first saw it. Wasn't really sure on Anne Hathaway or Bane, but gotta trust Nolan on this one.