Anne Hathaway as Selena Kyle, Hardy as Bane!

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
It might be a special steroid called Venom.........In addition.....would Chris play up the whole Luchadore thing and never show Tom's face? Could Bane be from a Mexican gang in the Nolanverse? Will Selina be a raging whore? Inquiring minds want to know?......

Crazy Eight wrote:
PowerDump wrote:Do you guys think Venom will be used in the movie as a cause for strength of Bane?
Hopefully not.

Off topic, but nice avatar. Raylan from Justified right?
Yes it is him, I just started watching Justified and really like it. I'm becoming quite a fan of Timothy Olyphant (he blows away all regulars on the show), I would love to see him in a side role in a Nolan film someday.

PowerDump wrote:Do you guys think Venom will be used in the movie as a cause for strength of Bane?
I think the villain being addicted to a drug could make him quite interesting if they do it right. Yeah I'm hoping he does develop an addiction to Venom. That could cause some intense inner conflict with the character. I just hope they don't exaggerate the effects too much and I also want the audience to understand this guy is a badass without the drug. I also hope they play up his intelligence.

I think Bane will probably be a lot smarter than Batman which will make for a good struggle. Nolan's Batman is intelligent but not the rocket scientist kinda genius Batman in the comic books is. It will be interesting to see how Batman handles a foe of superior intellect and strength.

I don't see Hardy playing a mexican but rather... drum roll... an english man!

eneyman wrote:I don't see Hardy playing a mexican but rather... drum roll... an english man!
Those race folks who attacked Fincher in TSN are going to have a fields day if that pans out. I don't see the point of changing his ethnicity. It's not like Hardy can't do an accent.

The drug addiction angle mentioned before would be quite interesting....POSSIBLE PLOT Maybe Batman has been absent for some time and and a new drug gang floods the streets with their business. But now a new drug called venom is spreading around causing petty criminals to make more havoc. Maybe there are different forms of it that enhances daily energy or memory or whatever of which attracts random citizens to try out the drug. Some Gothamites might die mysteriously from the drug but Bane and his gang could try to cover it up. The ring leader Bane is profiting from it but is also out to get Batman whos stopping his drug ring. Meanwhile Selina is moonlighting as a cat burgular and probably gets a hold of venom to enhance her agility or what not. She might have a past history of thievery and or drug addiction , had a recovery period, but now for whatever reason has gotten back into it. Batman might be tempted to take venom to fight Bane but refuses. In order to help Bruce, Selina takes venom but over doses. Bruce finds her and then ends Bane once and for all and saves Gotham from the "drug wars".

DARK STEEL wrote:The drug addiction angle mentioned before would be quite interesting....POSSIBLE PLOT Maybe Batman has been absent for some time and and a new drug gang floods the streets with their business. But now a new drug called venom is spreading around causing petty criminals to make more havoc. Maybe there are different forms of it that enhances daily energy or memory or whatever of which attracts random citizens to try out the drug. Some Gothamites might die mysteriously from the drug but Bane and his gang could try to cover it up. The ring leader Bane is profiting from it but is also out to get Batman whos stopping his drug ring. Meanwhile Selina is moonlighting as a cat burgular and probably gets a hold of venom to enhance her agility or what not. She might have a past history of thievery and or drug addiction , had a recovery period, but now for whatever reason has gotten back into it. Batman might be tempted to take venom to fight Bane but refuses. In order to help Bruce, Selina takes venom but over doses. Bruce finds her and then ends Bane once and for all and saves Gotham from the "drug wars".
yes and then the screen cuts to black

"Drugs Are Bad, Stay in School"

A film by Christopher Nolan

eneyman wrote:
DARK STEEL wrote:The drug addiction angle mentioned before would be quite interesting....POSSIBLE PLOT Maybe Batman has been absent for some time and and a new drug gang floods the streets with their business. But now a new drug called venom is spreading around causing petty criminals to make more havoc. Maybe there are different forms of it that enhances daily energy or memory or whatever of which attracts random citizens to try out the drug. Some Gothamites might die mysteriously from the drug but Bane and his gang could try to cover it up. The ring leader Bane is profiting from it but is also out to get Batman whos stopping his drug ring. Meanwhile Selina is moonlighting as a cat burgular and probably gets a hold of venom to enhance her agility or what not. She might have a past history of thievery and or drug addiction , had a recovery period, but now for whatever reason has gotten back into it. Batman might be tempted to take venom to fight Bane but refuses. In order to help Bruce, Selina takes venom but over doses. Bruce finds her and then ends Bane once and for all and saves Gotham from the "drug wars".
yes and then the screen cuts to black

"Drugs Are Bad, Stay in School"

A film by Christopher Nolan
LOL...ok well without the cheeseball after school special corniness....but seriously a drug war element could be an A or B story to some degreee to put some reality in the origin or purpose of Venom.....Though besides drugs I wonder how The New Mob element could try to "take over" or make their mark on Gotham?

JRM
I personally don't really want to see Bane in a mask. We've already had that with Scarecrow and the face paint with Joker. We'll just have to see. :batface:

Kartel wrote:I like this idea of using an executioner's mask rather than a mexican wrestling mask.

thats pretty sick!1