Anne Hathaway as Selena Kyle, Hardy as Bane!

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Tell me where he says he's written it off?
At this point I've lost most hope in this being better then The Dark Knight

talli wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:

I didn't say this to spark a debate or controversy, I'm just spouting out my initial reaction; which isn't one of excitement. I'm sure I'll end up liking the characters, but that's not how I feel now. I don't like Catwoman and never have, so it's going to take awhile for me to warm up to the character. I'm luke warm on Bane but I was really hoping for Hugo Strange; I have confidence that Hardy will pull it off perfectly though. But that doesn't mean it will automatically top Ledger's Joker. Topping Ledger as the Joker is going to be a difficult thing to do in my book...

As for Hathaway, she doesn't seem like she has what it takes to stand side by side with Christian and Hardy and be taken seriously... but again, this is just an initial reaction and my opinions may change.

And no... I always had faith in Heath.

it's gonna be tough to top ledger's joker because that character allowed him to be so theatrical...bane is not a theatrical character, but Hardy is an amazing actor who is going to make him a captivating watch regardless
100% this. Tom Hardy is friggin incredible. It's almost unnatural how he makes disappearing into his roles look so effortless. Needless to say, if Anne is sub par (which I doubt), I absolutely know Tom will make up for it.

Armandhammer wrote:
Vagrant wrote:I've just always been more a fan of showcasing lesser characters, rather than just reusing and reinventing the ones we've seen in film before.
This is also one of the main reasons why I’m not that excited. :problem:

You Nailed it.
Lesser characters like The Joker, Scarecrow, and Two-Face? :|

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
Armandhammer wrote:
This is also one of the main reasons why I’m not that excited. :problem:

You Nailed it.
Lesser characters like The Joker, Scarecrow, and Two-Face? :|
Poor example, since Scarecrow and Ra's hadn't been in modern films before and turned out fantastic. I initially wasn't jumping for joy with seeing the Joker but I expected it and was happy with how he was handled, and the same goes for Two-Face. I'm not saying it's all bad, it's just that I'll have to wait to see how the interpretations are looking before I actually get excited. Whereas if it'd been Black Mask, Hugo, Hush, or hell, even Calendar Man or Crazy Quilt, I'd have been excited from the get-go because we've never seen them in modern films.

allstarr55js wrote:Forget comparing Joker and Bane. The Joker can still be the far better character and performance and TDKR could still be the better film.
This is where subjectivity comes into play. Ledger's Joker made The Dark Knight for me. It's a great film and I like a lot of things about it, but Ledger's captivating transformation into the character elevated the film to a whole new level in my opinion. I don't think I could like The Dark Knight Rises better then The Dark Knight without a character equally as captivating and incredible as Ledger's Joker. As I read more about Bane I think Hardy has a possibility of rivaling Ledger, but it's going to be difficult and by no means am I confident enough to say that I think Rises will be the better film.

So no, in my opinion without a villain as good or better then Ledgers Joker, The Dark Knight Rises cannot be the better film.

allstarr55js and Vagrant-

I can see how my original comment can be interpreted in two different ways. Given the information I have been given now, I see no reason to automatically jump to the conclusion that Rises will be better then The Dark Knight. Having said that, I do trust Nolan to make a good film either way. Hopefully this clears things up.

I just need a trailer!!!! Then I may slightly judge it. But, before then and even after......

IN NOLAN WE TRUST

Im almost positive that Hardy wont be wearing a mask. Hardy is too good looking of a guy to have him wear a mask through the whole movie.
{=}

Crazy Eight wrote: This is where subjectivity comes into play. Ledger's Joker made The Dark Knight for me. It's a great film and I like a lot of things about it, but Ledger's captivating transformation into the character elevated the film to a whole new level in my opinion. I don't think I could like The Dark Knight Rises better then The Dark Knight without a character equally as captivating and incredible as Ledger's Joker. As I read more about Bane I think Hardy has a possibility of rivaling Ledger, but it's going to be difficult and by no means am I confident enough to say that I think Rises will be the better film.

So no, in my opinion without a villain as good or better then Ledgers Joker, The Dark Knight Rises cannot be the better film.
I have to agree with this. One of the many reasons why Batman is such an iconic superhero is because of the villians. Even though The Dark Knight would still be a lot better then 90% of the comic films out there, even without Heath's performance, it just puts The Dark Knight on another level with it.

I really hope Nolan can pull another trick out of his hat, its gonna be so hard to top The Dark Knight.

The Special One wrote:Im almost positive that Hardy wont be wearing a mask. Hardy is too good looking of a guy to have him wear a mask through the whole movie.
That's not the same for Cillian Murphy :P

The Special One wrote:Im almost positive that Hardy wont be wearing a mask. Hardy is too good looking of a guy to have him wear a mask through the whole movie.
I don't see it either. I also don't see him being a psycho meathead who destroys everything in sight. I trust Nolan more than that to give him a personality. Ugh, Batman and Robin's Bane....soo bad.