Nolan is looking to shoot The Dark Knight Rises in Asia

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
@ chee - No idea. Maybe he's looking for a location that resembles somewhere else (eg - Iceland in BB). Or maybe it's for an action setpiece (eg -Singapore in TDK).

Could real be anything. Maybe a flashback, could be a scene outside of Gotham, or it could be part of Gotham. Ins't London used for some parts of Gothom? I know most of Gotham is suppose to be Chicago.

I think London was used for the mansion scenes during Batman Begins.

chee wrote:I think London was used for the mansion scenes during Batman Begins.
Buildings belongs to the University College London where used in BB as the outside of the courtroom and used as the university where miles introduces ariadne in Inception.

The mansion scenes was some place in hertfordshire I believe.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:Could real be anything. Maybe a flashback, could be a scene outside of Gotham, or it could be part of Gotham. Ins't London used for some parts of Gothom? I know most of Gotham is suppose to be Chicago.
They used more of London for BB than for TDK, like the police station young wayne gets taken to in BB was the Garrick Theatre in London (right next to trafalgar square if anyone wants to go take a look), but then in TDK the police station was a building in Chicago. There's quite a few London/near london locations mixed in with stuff from Chicago in BB, but by the time TDK was done almost all of Gotham is Chicago and the London locations were kept to studios. I think they only really filmed at Battersea Power Station as a non studio location in London for TDK?

For studio stuff, they did it at Shepperton for BB and Pinewood for TDK (both places are part of the same company, along with Teddington studios) and/or the hangers at Cardington. I'd expect them to use the same again for this one, although they may end up at Leavesden - previously always busy with the Harry Potter films - now that WB have bought that rather than Pinewood/Shepperton (but I think Nolan might like filming there as that's the home of the Bond films).
The mansion scenes was some place in hertfordshire I believe.
Mentmore Towers in Buckinghamshire. I was watching some period drama the other day and it was being used as their family home. Made me think of Batman. :batface:

Batman is recruited to train a call center in India.

INT. CALL CENTER, MUMBAI - DAY

Batman addresses the workers.

BATMAN (growly voice): I Amm dfghkewkek rrrrghhhhh tonight in ashhdh....arrrghhhhhhh!

A worker speaks up, raising his hand.

WORKER (thick Indian accent): Ekshcuse me, Buttmun. Vee do nut understund wut you are telling. You are sounding like you do not know hottt to speeekk.

Batman looks at the worker. Annoyed.

BATMAN (low whisper): Look, Sameer, I'm not sure you can do any better.

chee wrote:So, if they do shoot in India, how would that work with the story? Are there any villains from India? Any good guys?
Any villians? A female villain called 'Lady Shiva' (Shiva is actually a God in Indian Community.)

Any good? I don't know! Chris Nolan can make anyone look massive.

I don't know if Talia-al-Ghul is Indian or not, but surely, She wouldn't be in Himalayas. So, one can show her living in India.

JayCificity wrote:
chee wrote:So, if they do shoot in India, how would that work with the story? Are there any villains from India? Any good guys?
Any villians? A female villain called 'Lady Shiva' (Shiva is actually a God in Indian Community.)

Any good? I don't know! Chris Nolan can make anyone look massive.

I don't know if Talia-al-Ghul is Indian or not, but surely, She wouldn't be in Himalayas. So, one can show her living in India.
I'm sure India was just a stop on his journey to the actual location scout. I highly doubt he'll film in India. But if he does, it is more likely to feature Bruce Wayne and not Batman. After all, Bruce Wayne is a globe trotting billionaire.

Lady Shiva would be kinda cool to have in the movie. Kick ass Asian woman.

Too bad she's ruled out because all the actresses lined up are Caucasian.

OVERMAN wrote:
JayCificity wrote:Christian Bale is fascinated by India. :batface:
Good luck Batman isn't
You wouldn't say that if you've seen the movie 'Batman: Gotham Knight'. Especially the story : 'Working Through Pain'.
[ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Gotham_Knight ]