Rumor: Is Tom Hardy playing Hugo Strange?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
TauHeel05 wrote:http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/11/21/batma ... evolution/

EW discusses the evolution of the Hugo Strange rumor. They definitely mention Batman-News.com in the piece. I bet Jett's head exploded!
theweatherman wrote:Not only did they mention Batman News they also complimented Chris for actually reporting the story as a rumor meant for discussion unlike a number of more well known sites that neglected to mention that.
That EW article was so cool :) I'm glad they pointed out that it's just a RUMOR. Some sites were reporting it as fact. The EW article did have something wrong though, I never claimed to have "Hollywood friends".
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

Thats awesome Batman-News man (may I call you Chris?), it was very interesring to read about how the TDKR rumour of the moment came from your site when most people thought it was Totalfilm.

Anyway, Hollywood friends is pretty much a different way of saying 'Inside source :P '

Okay you win. :problem:
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

theweatherman wrote:Not only did they mention Batman News they also complimented Chris for actually reporting the story as a rumor meant for discussion unlike a number of more well known sites that neglected to mention that.

Meh...it's just about trying to get cheap "hits" for each site.

I would rather see Viggo Mortensen or Robin Williams play criminologist Hugo Strange and Hardy as Sgt Floyd Lawton/Deadshot.

Those two would be part of the task force set up to try and catch The Batman, but those two would have their own hidden agendas as well. The other two task force member would be Gordon and Essen and they would try and sabotage what the other two are trying to do of course.

BatMotor wrote:i want to see a scene like this

haha, this would be an epic scene and such because it is so perfect/playful for a guy like Hardy.. I don't really care who the villain is, even if we read about him on wikipedia/comics etc.. Hardy will bring it to life and totally make it his own. I am not worried at all.

MrG
This is actually what I immediately thought of once Hardy was cast. Hugo Strange popped right into my mind.

That scene would be just awesome! :clap:

eneyman wrote:
BatMotor wrote:i want to see a scene like this

haha, this would be an epic scene and such because it is so perfect/playful for a guy like Hardy.. I don't really care who the villain is, even if we read about him on wikipedia/comics etc.. Hardy will bring it to life and totally make it his own. I am not worried at all.
That's the kind of thing that I can imagine Tom Hardy as Bronson doing - I'm hoping he brings a little bit of that to the screen, but mainly I want a unique type of villain.

I imagine that scene to be in the Dark, Hardy's face more intimidating than comedic, wearing a very convincing batman suit, impressive...