Rumor: Is Tom Hardy playing Hugo Strange?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I feel like I need to get a few more graphic novels under my belt. I've read Year One & The Killing Joke. What else should I check out? I know people will suggest Prey, but isn't that out of print now? Anything else?
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

I'm hoping that they will put Prey back in print soon. But, I don't have any recommendations. I'm not a big comic book reader.

chee wrote:I'm hoping that they will put Prey back in print soon. But, I don't have any recommendations. I'm not a big comic book reader.
Yeah if The Dark Knight Rises really is based on Prey I'm sure they will. I read Year One before watching Batman Begins because I heard Begins took some ideas from it.
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

Batman-News.com wrote:I feel like I need to get a few more graphic novels under my belt. I've read Year One & The Killing Joke. What else should I check out? I know people will suggest Prey, but isn't that out of print now? Anything else?

np mate glad you saw what i was implying and yeah bane would be a good of course. well you should read Batman: Dark Detective, batman: journey into the knight, the no mans Land Saga, Batman: Bane of the demon (if you like bane), batman: dark victory, The man who laughs just to name a few. about prey yeah sadly of all they don`t reprint it yet and you pay 600 bucks for a copie XD i was lucky to get one in 1995 ^^.
np about the sig dacrissa love the site :thumbup:
chee wrote:What about Max Cort? I'm not familiar with him...
he holds him self very well against batman and like talli said tom fits the bill, but hopefully the character would be fleshed out a bit more, since the whole hypnoses angle is a bit cheesy XD

Yea, I don't think they will go with the hypnotized route if they do use Max Cort.

Batman-News.com wrote:I feel like I need to get a few more graphic novels under my belt. I've read Year One & The Killing Joke. What else should I check out? I know people will suggest Prey, but isn't that out of print now? Anything else?
I recommend Arkham Asylum and The Dark Knight Returns.

chee wrote:Yea, I don't think they will go with the hypnotized route if they do use Max Cort.
come to think of it its not so unlikely that a cop would go rouge/over the edge like Max Cort, after seeing how most of them reacted in TDK during the batman turning himself in press conference :think:

btw nice gif(bottom) of copley is that from a commercial or movie (sry just curious XD) ?

exactly

it doesnt have to hypnosis persay, but a form of psychological manipulation....max is obviously an unstable individual, and hugo is a psychiatrist...he knows how to push people's buttons

Yea, especially if he's not even a good cop to start with.

It's from a commercial.

talli wrote:exactly

it doesnt have to hypnosis persay, but a form of psychological manipulation....max is obviously an unstable individual, and hugo is a psychiatrist...he knows how to push people's buttons
yea i see it the same way. eater way hardy would be terrific in both parts ;) and since a combination of both characters (ala Ducard/Ra`s) is unlikely and to obvious it leaves the guessing game wide open on hardys character XD
chee wrote:Yea, especially if he's not even a good cop to start with.

It's from a commercial.
well max might be irascible and naive but he is still not a dirty rat ^^

ah thanks for the link mate nice to see sharlto gaining popularity