Chris Nolan Lines Up Actresses For Batfilm

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Bueller wrote:I hope that TDKR will finally put to rest the idea that Nolan can't write good female characters. :JGLface:
It won't. Per Nolan's filmmaking rulebook, he'll have to kill them both off anyways. ;)

I'm hoping for Weisz or Watts as well. I like Portman, and think she could fit, but she's also in Thor next year..I starting to think Harley Quinn is going to be cast now.. not only is she the type of villian Nolan likes, it would really help transition the movie to a post-Joker Gotham.

allstarr55js wrote:No it will not. The doubters will just give the credit to jonah. :lol:
Oh, I know it won't, I was grumbling because this keeps coming up and while I don't necessarily disagree, I don't see why it is offensive. Has Michael Mann ever had a well-written female character?

I actually saw someone accuse Nolan of being racist because there was no latino or black actresses on that list. Yeah, the guy whose last film had a Japanese actor and an British-Indian actor in important roles is clearly racist. :|
God, I hate that statement. How in the world does someone write a "good" female character? Honestly. :roll:
According to the flowchart that was the source of a recent controversy, you can't. I'm serious, it even tried to make out having women be mothers was bad. I'm childfree and I don't get that at all.

To be fair, many people called the Jezebel blog out on that one, but it exemplified perfectly why I find third-wave feminism a big old pile of WTF.
It won't. Per Nolan's filmmaking rulebook, he'll have to kill them both off anyways.
LOL.

Sadly, people seem to think he does have a rulebook. *facedesk*

I'm hoping for;

Naomi Watts (the most talented and very beautiful)
Rachel Weisz (ditto on the talent)
Anne Hathaway (Eh, she's good but not great)

I don't want;

Blake Lively (already in GL, she's a ruse for this news story)
Natalie Portman (already in THOR, she's a ruse for this news story)
Keira Knightley (Ugh, Pirates...)

Portman is in Thor? Then yea, go away Portman. Don't be hogging the superhero movies.

chee wrote:Portman is in Thor? Then yea, go away Portman. Don't be hogging the superhero movies.
Portman >>>

she should have never been in Thor

One of the female roles is supposed to be a villain?

This is getting lamer and lamer by the day. I hope it's not Talia Al Ghul.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:One of the female roles is supposed to be a villain?

Women can't be villains? Interesting. :JGLface:

Cilogy wrote:One of the female roles is supposed to be a villain?

Janice Porter, bb. ;)

lets get Christina Hendricks as Catwoman :lol: aww yeh :mrgreen: