Chris Nolan Lines Up Actresses For Batfilm

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
This does seem like just a group of actresses thrown out for Nolan to pick and choose. People that I believe will be thrown out are:

Blake Lively (she's already in another DC property.)
Keira Knightley (she can't put on an American accent. Has anyone heard her with an American accent? Exactly.)
Anne Hathaway (No way.)
Natalie Portman (I just don't see it.)

All the other actresses seem more in line with what Nolan would go for. And, plus, Nolan might not cast any of these actresses. But I'm rooting for Naomi Watts and Rachel Weisz.

I hope Chris chooses Naomi Watts for Batman to bang, and Rachel Weisz for Batman to fight.. The reason being both of them are the more mature and seasoned actors of the bunch who can definitely embrace drama and darkness with a straight face. Portman would be my alternative but I don't really see her commanding either of those roles well. Naomi is very innocent and cute, making a great love interest, while Rachel is very confident and versatile, making a good villain option..

What's up with all the hate for Hathaway? Out of all these wonderful actreses, Rachel Weisz seems to make the most sense.
{=}

sallygucha wrote:This does seem like just a group of actresses thrown out for Nolan to pick and choose. People that I believe will be thrown out are:

Blake Lively (she's already in another DC property.)
Keira Knightley (she can't put on an American accent. Has anyone heard her with an American accent? Exactly.)
Anne Hathaway (No way.)
Natalie Portman (I just don't see it.)

All the other actresses seem more in line with what Nolan would go for. And, plus, Nolan might not cast any of these actresses. But I'm rooting for Naomi Watts and Rachel Weisz.
:thumbup: Yes exactly! Naomi Watts and Rachel Weisz would be the best choices out of these 6.

eneyman wrote:I hope Chris chooses Naomi Watts for Batman to bang, and Rachel Weisz for Batman to fight.. The reason being both of them are the more mature and seasoned actors of the bunch who can definitely embrace drama and darkness with a straight face. Portman would be my alternative but I don't really see her commanding either of those roles well. Naomi is very innocent and cute, making a great love interest, while Rachel is very confident and versatile, making a good villain option..
Switch those actresses around and I'll be happy with it. :P

I hope that TDKR will finally put to rest the idea that Nolan can't write good female characters. :JGLface:

Bueller wrote:I hope that TDKR will finally put to rest the idea that Nolan can't write good female characters. :JGLface:
in my opinion, katie holmes in BB was very badly acted, maggie g in the TDK was poorly writen.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

No it will not. The doubters will just give the credit to jonah. :lol:

Bueller wrote:I hope that TDKR will finally put to rest the idea that Nolan can't write good female characters. :JGLface:
God, I hate that statement. How in the world does someone write a "good" female character? Honestly. :roll:

chee wrote:
eneyman wrote:I hope Chris chooses Naomi Watts for Batman to bang, and Rachel Weisz for Batman to fight.. The reason being both of them are the more mature and seasoned actors of the bunch who can definitely embrace drama and darkness with a straight face. Portman would be my alternative but I don't really see her commanding either of those roles well. Naomi is very innocent and cute, making a great love interest, while Rachel is very confident and versatile, making a good villain option..
Switch those actresses around and I'll be happy with it. :P

hah, now that I think about it, making Naomi the villian and Rachel the love would really shake things up.. kind of like how people said WTF to Heath Ledger playing the Joker..

I just don't know if Naomi can really command that kind of role