[SPOILERS] TDKR Viral Marketing

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I always buy a shirt for a movie I really like and want to see. My green lantern shirt is waiting for midnight. If it can last, lol I wear it every weekend.

talli wrote:Image
Very nice.

And Jesus Bale is on there too. :D

xWhereAmI? wrote:I hope there is so that I can finally participate in one. I didn't know there was a TDK campaign. :cry:
I hope you'll check out the link in my sig sometime then. :)

Anita18 wrote:
xWhereAmI? wrote:I hope there is so that I can finally participate in one. I didn't know there was a TDK campaign. :cry:
I hope you'll check out the link in my sig sometime then. :)
Thats awsome! Thanks for posting!

chee wrote:
talli wrote:
And Jesus Bale is on there too. :D
Its called Oscar Buzz Chee, his presence on the list is probably mostly unrelated to Batman.

theweatherman wrote:
chee wrote:And Jesus Bale is on there too. :D
Its called Oscar Buzz Chee, his presence on the list is probably mostly unrelated to Batman.
I know, I just wanted a reason to post that picture. :lol:

What will the Viral marketing of this movie be like?
hmmm thinking :think:

Do you guys think that the cast will do a panel at SDCC? Will there be lots of free Catwoman Bane masks :D ? I think that it would be cool to unlock the first official photos of Bane and Catwoman through some sort of puzzle.
Also, how do you think that we will be able to participate in the marketing? Should we just wait for a teaser site to go up? When the marketing starts rolling, we should definitely be good Batfans and tell eachother where to look for what :thumbup:

Paradox wrote:Do you guys think that the cast will do a panel at SDCC? Will there be lots of free Catwoman Bane masks :D ? I think that it would be cool to unlock the first official photos of Bane and Catwoman through some sort of puzzle.
Also, how do you think that we will be able to participate in the marketing? Should we just wait for a teaser site to go up? When the marketing starts rolling, we should definitely be good Batfans and tell eachother where to look for what :thumbup:
I actually think it's unlikely they'd do a separate panel at SDCC. TDK didn't have one (they held a viral marketing exercise outside which I'm still a little bitter about missing. :evil: ) and for BB I think only Cillian Murphy was there. :lol: So Nolan has never relied on the typical fanboy avenues. The geek popularity of his Batman movies exist despite his non-pandering to SDCC. :lol:

And yes, I expect that there will be something through the official site first. That's how the TDK game got started at the very beginning. This will be a big mainstream campaign - they're going to do things pretty obviously.

From experience doing the TDK ARG, it started out by clicking prominent links and then following orders. :lol: Later as the Gotham Times newspapers went up, a lot of new sites were found by information the articles and ads. Mostly people going down random rabbit holes and such.

When did the first website pop up, Anita?