[SPOILERS] TDKR Viral Marketing

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
maybe itll be from the point of view of the police

"who is the batman?"

"entity:batman - unsolved"

things in that realm

I'm all for viral campaigns but some of the content is just pointless and is not very rewarding.. I hope this time around they promote with behind the scenes photos and more memorabilia that you can win.. for example a crew t-shirt with the logo from the new movie or something along those lines. give more stuff away, after all, if you wear it more people will see it.

eneyman wrote:I'm all for viral campaigns but some of the content is just pointless and is not very rewarding.. I hope this time around they promote with behind the scenes photos and more memorabilia that you can win.. for example a crew t-shirt with the logo from the new movie or something along those lines. give more stuff away, after all, if you wear it more people will see it.
Well what made TDK's viral marketing special was that it was feeding us an entire story of what happened between BB and TDK. It wasn't just, "Get your free swag here!" Which is fun and all, but isn't all that interesting after the fact.

The balance of swag and story is an interesting one, at any rate.

I liked the Harvey Dent campaign items.

chee wrote:I liked the Harvey Dent campaign items.
My Citizens for Batman pin still has a prominent place on my purse strap. :thumbup:

And hey, chee, you're a mod! :thumbup: :clap:

:thumbup: Chee, congrats on becoming a moderator!

I only caught part of TDk viral, as what got me intrigued was seeing the trailer in Dec. 07. Then I learned more about Nolan, then a couple days later Ledger died, etc.

But from what I did witness and hear it was awesome. And I have no doubt they will have another good one. One I'll be able to follow from beginning.

Guessing the 1st teaser will be summer 2011, also. I love how we get a lot of good (yet ominous) stuff very early on.

Congrats to chee, also :thumbup:

lol, thanks guys. :D
Anita18 wrote:
My Citizens for Batman pin still has a prominent place on my purse strap. :thumbup:

Gah, I wish I could've gotten one of those.

OH MY GOD I AM. :batface:

:thumbup:

^ ya the great thing about Chris Nolan movies unlike all the mickey mouse "blockbuster" movies like all that marvel crap and overhyped garbage is that he does not give away much of anything in his teasers, trailers, viral content etc.. There is no Entertainment Tonight behind the scenes b.s. like there was with Transformers 3 last week, where they are on a ridiculously corny set/street and the only thing the main actor of the film has to say is "This is going to be the best Transformers movie ever" .. Chris Nolan does not need to do these amateur hollywood tactics because he is the one director who can make half a billion dollars strictly through word of mouth and REAL viral marketing.

Anita18 wrote:

I have my "Citizens for Batman" pin on my lapel of my long winter overcoat. A guy actually noticed it the other day and said he loved TDK's viral campaign. I also still rock my "Harvey Dent" tee and the campaign signs are taped to my fridge and dorm window...