[SPOILERS] TDKR Viral Marketing

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Yeah that´s exactly the point, they are probably gonna sell the film with the new villain and such, that´s kinda :roll:
Probably...maybe not. Still, I don't remember ''Inception'' viral pulling in thousands of people? Like, placing them on the streets, doing real job etc.

i think Tom Hardy is doing quite a good job of viral marketing all by himself lol

i think Tom Hardy is doing quite a good job of viral marketing all by himself lol
Now, that is just creepy. :D

where do you get all those bloody pictures, was he a model or something?
jesus :roll:

OVERMAN wrote:where do you get all those bloody pictures, was he a model or something?
jesus :roll:

its from the set of his new movies in vancouver....theyre on the internet...ppl upload them everyday

chee wrote:
OVERMAN wrote:I was talking about the manuals and articles trying to seem real, that ain`t gonna happen here
TDK had like 15 fake websites all pretending that Gotham was a real place. Inception had like...3? And they all weren't that interesting.
15? Try more than 40, NOT counting the Joker game subsites.

The column on the left lists all the sites in the viral: http://whysoseriousredux.com/sitemap.htm
OVERMAN wrote:backwards, I actually found that viral campaign for TDK pretty lame, the Inception viral made me wanna know more about dream sharing and stuff so I was really exited about the world that was going to be introduced on the movie.
LIES! :JGLface:

Seriously, it was a ton of fun having another storyline to keep up with. It wasn't just the swag, they did a fantastic job getting players to feel like they were really in Gotham, helping Joker out and voting Dent for DA, etc. I think it was the best alternate reality game movie tie-in that's ever been done.

I'm very curious to know how they will market this film. I mean Bane is the primary adversary here. But even I have to be honest, Catwoman is going to get people in the theater. It's the sequel to TDK, the third part and the finale of Nolan's Batman trilogy. So of course this is already going to be huge and doesn't need a whole lot of push.

It's just while I assume since Bane as the primary villain would be front page material for marketing this picture its obvious that catwoman is the selling point here. Are they going to pass up all the publicity and hype over catwoman posters? I can't imagine them passing that up. But at the same time it would be weird to make a big deal out of a character that may not play a huge part in the film.

In the past the secondary villain hasn't really had much screen time at all. For instance there wasn't much Scarecrow or Two Face hype. All of the marketing revolved around Joker and Harvey Dent. It would not have made since to hype up Two Face with lots of posters for him to be in the movie the short time that he was.

I'm saying the general public will be pretty annoyed if they make a large fuss about Catwoman and she's in about as much of the picture as Two Face was in Dark Knight.

So its just I'm really anxious to see how the marketing goes. Cause Catwoman is a great and easy sell but are they going to push her over Bane when I'm sure Bane is the man with screen time.

anonymity wrote:I'm very curious to know how they will market this film. I mean Bane is the primary adversary here. But even I have to be honest, Catwoman is going to get people in the theater. It's the sequel to TDK, the third part and the finale of Nolan's Batman trilogy. So of course this is already going to be huge and doesn't need a whole lot of push.

It's just while I assume since Bane as the primary villain would be front page material for marketing this picture its obvious that catwoman is the selling point here. Are they going to pass up all the publicity and hype over catwoman posters? I can't imagine them passing that up. But at the same time it would be weird to make a big deal out of a character that may not play a huge part in the film.

In the past the secondary villain hasn't really had much screen time at all. For instance there wasn't much Scarecrow or Two Face hype. All of the marketing revolved around Joker and Harvey Dent. It would not have made since to hype up Two Face with lots of posters for him to be in the movie the short time that he was.

I'm saying the general public will be pretty annoyed if they make a large fuss about Catwoman and she's in about as much of the picture as Two Face was in Dark Knight.

So its just I'm really anxious to see how the marketing goes. Cause Catwoman is a great and easy sell but are they going to push her over Bane when I'm sure Bane is the man with screen time.
I would say that Batman is the main focal point this time around.

anonymity wrote:I'm very curious to know how they will market this film. I mean Bane is the primary adversary here. But even I have to be honest, Catwoman is going to get people in the theater. It's the sequel to TDK, the third part and the finale of Nolan's Batman trilogy. So of course this is already going to be huge and doesn't need a whole lot of push.

Nobody really complained about Dent's greater screentime when most of the marketing for TDK revolved around Joker. :lol:

I think it really depends on what they do with the two characters in the story. Bane might be a Joker-ish character in that he comes in, does a lot of damage, then leaves for a good part of the movie. Nolan has shown that he doesn't follow villains around for the sake of following them around. This was the case even for BB. So unless Bane is hired by the GPD, he wouldn't really have any reason to be on screen except when it comes time to antagonize Batman.

Whereas Catwoman is a lot more flexible in her portrayal and may get more screentime because her interactions with Batman are so mysterious. She could have Dent's amount of screentime, so if they market her heavily, it wouldn't be a lie.

As for the viral marketing, I still stand by my belief that if they can't do it well (come up with a proper prequel to TDKR), then they shouldn't do one at all. Not to rain on anyone's parade, but when something on TDK went down, I'd spend hours upon hours at my computer updating the Wiki. They were lucky that TDK was so good and meshed perfectly with the ARG prequel, so that they were spared my rage if it went down like 2012 where the ARG storyline wasn't mentioned in the movie AT ALL. :lol:

Well, honestly, if it did turn out to be lame, and I could sense it partway through, I'd probably ditch the Wiki and then you guys would be on your own. :P

considering the fact that hardy is the lead, and that his search engine went up by 11000 percent, while anne hathaways only by 300%....they will obviously market it around Bane