[SPOILERS] TDKR Viral Marketing

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
talli wrote:considering the fact that hardy is the lead, and that his search engine went up by 11000 percent, while anne hathaways only by 300%....they will obviously market it around Bane
Hardy and Bane aren't as well known as Anne and Catwoman.

I hope there is so that I can finally participate in one. I didn't know there was a TDK campaign. :cry:

chee wrote:Hardy and Bane aren't as well known as Anne and Catwoman.
This.

Hathaway had other stuff going on that has kept her extremely visible. The day before the Dark Knight Rises announcement... it was announced that she would be a lesbian aunt for some character on Glee. Anne Hathaway is also scheduled to host the Oscars this year. Additionally, she received a nomination for the Golden Globes and those had just ended.

xWhereAmI? wrote:I hope there is so that I can finally participate in one. I didn't know there was a TDK campaign. :cry:
Same, except I knew about it I just wasn't involved in it since I joined in too late.

chee wrote:
xWhereAmI? wrote:I hope there is so that I can finally participate in one. I didn't know there was a TDK campaign. :cry:
Same, except I knew about it I just wasn't involved in it since I joined in too late.
Me, too. Inception was my first.

Although I did visit TDK sites around the films release. Still cool to see what all happened before. Hope they do some big things this time, too! The part where people dressed up in the joker's make up in 2007 was crazy

I might do the whole dressing up thing, I dunno. Depends if people go with me to the midnight showing, I don't wanna go alone in a catsuit.

I wouldn't be caught dead dressing up for a movie. :lol:

chee wrote:
talli wrote:considering the fact that hardy is the lead, and that his search engine went up by 11000 percent, while anne hathaways only by 300%....they will obviously market it around Bane
Hardy and Bane aren't as well known as Anne and Catwoman.

by the time marketing starts, Hardy will be bigger than Hathaway....everybody is looking up Hardy, not Hathaway after the announcement...and this year he will be in huge Block buster (This Means War) and an Oscar contender fighting film (Warrior)

^^ Or just market them both, like TDK did.

Both Harvey Dent and the Joker had some interesting marketing.
Crazy Eight wrote:I wouldn't be caught dead dressing up for a movie. :lol:
Bah, that's part of the fun, I think. I'll only do it if my buddies dress up as well though. :lol: