Sarah Essen & Julie Madison in The Dark Knight Rises?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
postal wrote:
talli wrote:

if it serves the plot...why not?
Because it serves the plot only by taking away attention from batman and whoever he is fighting, and instead focusing part of it on the oh-so-fascinating subject of Gordon's love life. In my opinion, with this being the last movie in this huge trilogy, Batman should be the absolute main focus, not a sudden love triangle between supporting characters, especially if it's one that make Gordon seem less likable. Taking into account that it also involves a brand new character, that'd just take up too much screentime to make it work right especially if we'd also be having a love story with batman and another new character as well. It's the end of the story, I don't like or see the logic in the idea of bringing in a whole bunch of new characters like this. That's just my opinion, but really, I'm hoping for this rumor to end up being as fake as those Riddler rumors.
you obviously dont understand what SERVE THE PLOT means....because you just contradicted its meaning in your explanation of it

maybe its hard for you to imagine how an affair between Gordon and a peer can be significant to the story of Batman, but I think we can agree that Chris Nolan is maybe just a bit more clever than you ;)

talli wrote:you obviously dont understand what SERVE THE PLOT means....because you just contradicted its meaning in your explanation of it
I meant that it would serve the plot in a way I'm not interested in if that makes any more sense
maybe its hard for you to imagine how an affair between Gordon and a peer can be significant to the story of Batman

Well of course it could be significant to this story, I guess I'm just trying to say that it's not a direction I want the film to go in regards to the character of Gordon. But I guess I'm just going off assumptions here, so I should really just wait to see where this whole rumor even goes, especially since it's most likely just more of the same rumors that go nowhere.
but I think we can agree that Chris Nolan is maybe just a bit more clever than you ;)
haha well of course.

Nolan can use the character to serve the plot in many ways, but the relationship itself has no depth, and in that sense it may result unnecessary, at this point the story does not dictate the commissioner needs another woman, or that he has to go through an emotional crisis...

CroissantRoll wrote:People who keep saying NO CATWOMAN! ARGHHH! Are either pirates, or they are basing their opinion off a previous campy interpretation of the character. Read the comics people, and not the shitty Grant Morrison ones that are out now. Catwoman is a very strong character and would fit well into the film.

No Catwoman!!! :lol:
Catwoman won´t be in this movie...mark my words!

Balefan wrote:
CroissantRoll wrote:People who keep saying NO CATWOMAN! ARGHHH! Are either pirates, or they are basing their opinion off a previous campy interpretation of the character. Read the comics people, and not the shitty Grant Morrison ones that are out now. Catwoman is a very strong character and would fit well into the film.

Yes, no Catwoman

Balefan wrote:

Yes, because Talia Al Ghul would be such a better choice. :roll:

I'd prefer Catwoman over Talia. Not really into that daughter revenge sort of thing.

The Talia dynamic only works in the comics because of their romantic past. If she wasn't in Begins, it wouldn't make sense for her to show up.

chee wrote:I'd prefer Catwoman over Talia. Not really into that daughter revenge sort of thing.
Me too. People suggest Talia because it would help bring the story "full circle", but as CroissantRoll mentioned, it doesn't make much sense to introduce her as a new character.
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

Batman-News.com wrote:
chee wrote:I'd prefer Catwoman over Talia. Not really into that daughter revenge sort of thing.
Me too. People suggest Talia because it would help bring the story "full circle", but as CroissantRoll mentioned, it doesn't make much sense to introduce her as a new character.
Very true. If Ra's had a daughter he would have mentioned her in this emotional scene from Begins but he only mentions his wife. Ra's suddenly having a daughter just wouldn't make sense. And the he didn't know he had a daughter angle would seem cheap. Plus it would make the movie feel more like a rerun than coming full circle as Bruce would basically be fighting the league all over again. And while I kinda wanna see that it would just be more of what we've already seen in Begins.