Sarah Essen & Julie Madison in The Dark Knight Rises?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Batman-News.com wrote: You almost took the words out of my mouth. Nolan has stated this will bring his trilogy to a close, so a side story with Gordon having an affair doesn't seem to make much sense. Batman Begins was all about Batman, The Dark Knight was about Batman/Harvey Dent, I think The Dark Knight Rises will focus on Batman once again. Maybe I'm not using my imagination either though...=\

unless the crooked Harvey Bullock uses knowledge of the affair to get Gordon discredited and suspended from the force...Bullock steps in as the lead detective on solving the batman case

?

talli wrote:
Batman-News.com wrote: You almost took the words out of my mouth. Nolan has stated this will bring his trilogy to a close, so a side story with Gordon having an affair doesn't seem to make much sense. Batman Begins was all about Batman, The Dark Knight was about Batman/Harvey Dent, I think The Dark Knight Rises will focus on Batman once again. Maybe I'm not using my imagination either though...=\

unless the crooked Harvey Bullock uses knowledge of the affair to get Gordon discredited and suspended from the force...Bullock steps in as the lead detective on solving the batman case

?
Why would an affair get someone suspended from the force?

I still can't believe we haven't gotten an official announcement yet? Let's put this speculation to bed already!

sallygucha wrote:I still can't believe we haven't gotten an official announcement yet? Let's put this speculation to bed already!
Well the title last week and confirmation of The Riddler being left out was a pretty big announcement. The only real thing left to announce is the premise (which will include a villain). Warner Bros. is supposed to have a big superhero announcement before the end of the year, hopefully TDKR will be included in that.
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

chee wrote:
talli wrote:

?
Why would an affair get someone suspended from the force?

the same reason an affair would get a politician to step down from office...how do you expect people to trust you when you're set of morals is flawed

talli wrote:
chee wrote:Why would an affair get someone suspended from the force?

the same reason an affair would get a politician to step down from office...how do you expect people to trust you when you're set of morals is flawed
Yea, a politician willingly steps down from office though; Gordon wouldn't step down for Bullock.

I think they wouldn't care less if a cop is having an affair when there are cops who are helping the mob. :|

talli wrote:
TeddyBlass wrote:Nolan's Gordon doesn't exactly seem like the affair type.

Tiger Woods didnt seem like the affair type...people are flawed...you can be a very good human being, have virtues and still have vices and weaknesses...thats what makes us human
There were no indications in TDK of Gordon being the affair type. Woods, on the other hand, is an athlete with a lot of fame and money. Nothing surprising about Woods' ordeal, unless you're a fan of his.

But back to the topic on hand, I think Nolan would be opening a can of worms with THIS Gordon storyline. A can of worms that would ruin Batman 3 as a whole.

I don't know much about Julie Madison, but I figure she would be a good addition.

Also

I like the idea of someone like Sasha Bordeaux, who could be a love interest or villain or both. Instead of a bodyguard , she could be an assistant of Wayne's or an appointee of Fox (this could play off from when Fox decided to quit in TDK). Initially, Wayne doesn't fancy her as she is very advantageous and demanding. Plus, he's a bit wary of getting into another relationship due to Rachel's death (which he feels guilty about). But after awhile, Wayne draws interest to her and eventually falls for her. However, she finds out that Wayne is Batman and begins to feel skeptic about their relationship. Thus, she becomes an obstacle of Wayne's, who feels Batman's identity could be compromised.

This storyline has many directions it could take, so I won't speculate further.

Also check out Jillian Maxwell, who I think could work greatly in TDKR.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=24735
I heard a whisper last night from a good friend who works for William Morris Endeavour Entertainment...

Charlize Theron, who is a client, has been approached to play a Detective Named Sarah Essen--a love interest for Jim Gordon. Actresses Kacie Thomas and Vera Farmiga have auditioned for the character role of Julie Madison. A love interest for Bruce Wayne.
The plot thickens.........

Dragon_316ca wrote:http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=24735
I heard a whisper last night from a good friend who works for William Morris Endeavour Entertainment...

Charlize Theron, who is a client, has been approached to play a Detective Named Sarah Essen--a love interest for Jim Gordon. Actresses Kacie Thomas and Vera Farmiga have auditioned for the character role of Julie Madison. A love interest for Bruce Wayne.
The plot thickens.........
If there is tried and true cliche when it comes to affairs in movies, it's the older man falling for the younger woman. Oldman is practically 20 years Theron's senior. They'd really have to find clever way to do this for me to like it.