Sarah Essen & Julie Madison in The Dark Knight Rises?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Cilogy wrote:
chee wrote:I guess one man's Michelle Pfeiffer in a ugly leather suit is one woman's Heath Ledger with dirty clown makeup. :JGLface:
I tried really really hard to understand that ...
lol, yea, I worded it weird.

Some men find Michelle Pfeiffer in that ugly leather suit attractive.
While some women, like me, find Heath Ledger with dirty clown make up attractive.
thrice wrote:
chee wrote:I guess one man's Michelle Pfeiffer in a ugly leather suit is one woman's Heath Ledger with dirty clown makeup. :JGLface:
you're not a guy ;)
Tight body and these legs in that leather costume :clap: . She also had a seductive aura around her and that Pfeiffer in general was/is very beautiful does help too
Not a guy, but I am bi so whatever. :JGLface:

Now Adam Hughes's Catwoman is sex-ay. :batface:

beanham22 wrote:TDK was still fantastical in ways though. It only focused on real things like The DA, lawmen etc, while BB was a personal story about the beginning of Batman. The lawmen were there, it was just as realistic. The crime was there in a realistic fashion. The difference is that BB didn't focus on them while TDK did.
I agree with you there.

Great point about Joker relating to Beruit and Baghdad. But still, you're comparing 3rd world countries to the equivelent of New York City. I'd like to see someone take control of NYC with 'a few oil drums and acouple of bullets'.
Read up on your history man!

Rome was the capital of one of the most powerful empires in history and that still managed to fall to the barbarians eventually.

In more recent times, St Petersburg, and later all of Russia, fell to the Bolsheviks who were a small group of dedicated revolutionaries led by one evil genius (Lenin)

In my own country, the IRA, using terrorist tactics, managed to wrest control of Ireland (most of it) away from the British Empire back in the early 1920s.

New York's only been a major metropolis for the best part of 200 years, a relatively short time in an historical sense – Rome lasted over 1000 years. You never know what the future may bring!
Whats so farfetched about secret society? While not secret I would compare the LoS to al queada (sp?), they are a group that believes they are cleansing the world of infadels (I know theres more to it than that). The LoS believe they will restore balance with the destruction of Gotham. Also there are many secret societies in the world.
I think the LoS are more akin to semi-mythical groups like the Illuminati or the Rosicrucians. There's very little evidence that they exist. Al Qaeda definitely do exist and they're not very secret!
Everything the Joker did was just as farfetched as everything Ras did. The microwave emitter is about as realistic as the Sonarvision.
The Joker himself said he favours gunpowder, dynamite and gasoline, all easily acquired items. Fear toxin doesn't exist (hopefully).
The fear toxin wasn't unrealistic though (it was exaggerated a bit). Ever read some of things people see on acid?
Yes, people do see f*cked up sh*t on acid, but when did LSD ever tear a city apart? San Francisco's still standing as far as I know :D
I do agree however that TDK feels much more grounded in reality than BB, but I think that has to do more with the stories they're telling.
True that.

Michelle's Catwoman is one of the sexiest things ever. I was a happy five year old in the movie theater when my Aunt and Uncle took me to see Batman Returns instead of Pinocio, lmao. I still remember arguing with them over that. "No! I wanna see Batman!"

Houdini's Brother wrote:
beanham22 wrote:TDK was still fantastical in ways though. It only focused on real things like The DA, lawmen etc, while BB was a personal story about the beginning of Batman. The lawmen were there, it was just as realistic. The crime was there in a realistic fashion. The difference is that BB didn't focus on them while TDK did.
I agree with you there.

Great point about Joker relating to Beruit and Baghdad. But still, you're comparing 3rd world countries to the equivelent of New York City. I'd like to see someone take control of NYC with 'a few oil drums and acouple of bullets'.
Read up on your history man!

Rome was the capital of one of the most powerful empires in history and that still managed to fall to the barbarians eventually.

In more recent times, St Petersburg, and later all of Russia, fell to the Bolsheviks who were a small group of dedicated revolutionaries led by one evil genius (Lenin)

In my own country, the IRA, using terrorist tactics, managed to wrest control of Ireland (most of it) away from the British Empire back in the early 1920s.

New York's only been a major metropolis for the best part of 200 years, a relatively short time in an historical sense – Rome lasted over 1000 years. You never know what the future may bring!
Whats so farfetched about secret society? While not secret I would compare the LoS to al queada (sp?), they are a group that believes they are cleansing the world of infadels (I know theres more to it than that). The LoS believe they will restore balance with the destruction of Gotham. Also there are many secret societies in the world.
I think the LoS are more akin to semi-mythical groups like the Illuminati or the Rosicrucians. There's very little evidence that they exist. Al Qaeda definitely do exist and they're not very secret!
Everything the Joker did was just as farfetched as everything Ras did. The microwave emitter is about as realistic as the Sonarvision.
The Joker himself said he favours gunpowder, dynamite and gasoline, all easily acquired items. Fear toxin doesn't exist (hopefully).
The fear toxin wasn't unrealistic though (it was exaggerated a bit). Ever read some of things people see on acid?
Yes, people do see f*cked up sh*t on acid, but when did LSD ever tear a city apart? San Francisco's still standing as far as I know :D
I do agree however that TDK feels much more grounded in reality than BB, but I think that has to do more with the stories they're telling.
True that.
Owned lol.

Well atleast on the point about Joker taking over Gotham. I buy it in the movie. You provided good examples that I did not think of. One thing that is note worthy is that 2008 is a completely different world than 1920, even 1980. Technology like the internet and other advancements in communications make something like what Joker did highly unlikely, especially after 911. Which leads to my point about Ras.

Ras' goal to destroy Gotham are justified within the context of the film. Also it is noted that the LoS have been trying to destroy Gotham for decades and failed with economics. Anyway, they had a lot of time to plan. If I understand correctly your problem with this is the way it was done. Microwave Emitter and feargas in the water supply, and in this case I agree that it is fantastical (not quite pure fantasy though), but in the realm of possibility, this what makes it good imo. In TDK Batman has Sonarvision which cannot exist in the real world how it was presented on film, Dent galavants about for a day with half his face burned off, Batman catches the Joker with his grapple gun while Joker is plummeting ti his doom, Batman and Rachel fall a ridiculous height and Rachel acts as if nothing happened. My point is that all of this isn't realistic, possible yes because each event I listed is done for a reason or atleast has an explanation.

My main point in this whole couple of posts is that TDK isn't some realistic crime drama while BB is fantasy. They both have aspects of realism and fantasy while BB leans more toward fantasy because it focuses completely on a man that dresses like a bat while its sequel is more on a grand scale.

Anyways, on topic. I doubt Gordon will have an affair in TDKR because it serves only to cause distrust between characters and that stuff happens in ACT II usually. Also I hope to goodness that Talia and Catwoman are not in it.

Talia = 'You killed my father, but lets have an affair instead ' - bad cliche.

Catwoman = just no, for the love of god just no. Thats all we need is some cliched femme fatale taking on Batman.

chee wrote:lol, yea, I worded it weird.

Some men find Michelle Pfeiffer in that ugly leather suit attractive.
While some women, like me, find Heath Ledger with dirty clown make up attractive.
:lol: Okay I get it now.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

beanham22 wrote: Well atleast on the point about Joker taking over Gotham. I buy it in the movie. You provided good examples that I did not think of. One thing that is note worthy is that 2008 is a completely different world than 1920, even 1980. Technology like the internet and other advancements in communications make something like what Joker did highly unlikely, especially after 911* Which leads to my point about Ras.

Ras' goal to destroy Gotham are justified within the context of the film. Also it is noted that the LoS have been trying to destroy Gotham for decades and failed with economics. Anyway, they had a lot of time to plan. If I understand correctly your problem with this is the way it was done.** Microwave Emitter and feargas in the water supply, and in this case I agree that it is fantastical (not quite pure fantasy though), but in the realm of possibility, this what makes it good imo. In TDK Batman has Sonarvision which cannot exist in the real world how it was presented on film, Dent galavants about for a day with half his face burned off, Batman catches the Joker with his grapple gun while Joker is plummeting ti his doom, Batman and Rachel fall a ridiculous height and Rachel acts as if nothing happened. My point is that all of this isn't realistic, possible yes because each event I listed is done for a reason or atleast has an explanation.

My main point in this whole couple of posts is that TDK isn't some realistic crime drama*** while BB is fantasy. They both have aspects of realism and fantasy while BB leans more toward fantasy because it focuses completely on a man that dresses like a bat while its sequel is more on a grand scale.
*I have to disagree with you on this point. Just because we live in a more technologically advanced world doesn't mean powerful nations/empires are safer from being overthrown by terrorists groups then they were in the past. If that were the case the West would have crushed Al Qaeda years ago.

Technology is neutral. If governments can use the internet to monitor terrorists, conversely terrorists can use the internet to keep tabs on the government. Think of all those lone hackers that run rings around computer experts working for intelligence agencies!

**Let me reiterate - I don't have a problem with BB and its more fantastical elements, just that I think it's a lot more fantasical than TDK.

***TDK may not be a proper crime drama, its a superhero action thriller (which happens to conform to many of the genre elements of crime cinema) whereas BB is more of a typical comic book movie. Which isn't a bad thing.

I think we've exhausted this line of argument... :D

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/chris-n ... r-batfilm/
Chris Nolan is lining up actresses he'll meet for two female lead roles in The Dark Knight Rises, the third installment of the Batfranchise which Warner Bros has dated release on July 20, 2012. I'm told one of the roles is a love interest for Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne, and the other is a villain. The actresses are: Rachel Weisz, Naomi Watts, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway and Keira Knightley. Nolan is keeping the roles under wraps, just the way that he did when he drafted his Inception star Tom Hardy to come aboard to likely play a villain. Deadline broke that story October 13. I'm still not sure what the role is and I believe Hardy took the job without knowing or reading a script that's still being tweaked.
:eh: