Sarah Essen & Julie Madison in The Dark Knight Rises?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Just because the character is in there doesn't mean they have to have an affair? She is a detective right? Just go on that route.

Sarah Essen can be brought in as a female detective, who was pretty much against Batman in the late 90's and really hated him during NML, to the new GCPD "Anti-Batman" Task Force without making out with the Commish in the rain.

I'd love her to be included, She could be more for Gordon to play off of or we could have a relationship that is for Bruce that is a breather from Rachel and can be a step in the right direction, by never letting her know about Batman unlike he did in the comics.

My "hope for" the next female-lead;

1. None (random girls like at the parties in Begins/TDK)
2. Julie Madison (Bob Kane mixed with Monster Men)
3. Silver St. Cloud (Strange Apparitions)
4. Kathy Kane (Pre-Crisis but non-Batwoman)
5. Vicky Vale (as a red head)

I liked the initial poster and got pretty excited about this news... until I saw that it originated from Batman-on-Film.

For a guy who degrades websites for not having sources... posting rumors based on "connections" doesn't really help serve his statements.

BoF, The UK Sun, IMDB and Comicbookmovie.com are pretty much the untrusted sources when it comes to Batman news.

I'll take Deadline, IGN, WP, etc

cchriswake wrote:I liked the initial poster and got pretty excited about this news... until I saw that it originated from Batman-on-Film.

For a guy who degrades websites for not having sources... posting rumors based on "connections" doesn't really help serve his statements.

BoF, The UK Sun, IMDB and Comicbookmovie.com are pretty much the untrusted sources when it comes to Batman news.

Don't forget to add Nolan Fans to that list ;)
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

aononymity wrote:Nolan's Gordan would NEVER cheat. From a writer's perspective it would completely violate the character that Chris has created. Their are certain rules in character development. Gordon cheating (Nolan's version at least) would be completely illogical in accordance with all his previous actions. Now saying that I can see his wife divorcing him though after all she went through in TDK... enter other woman. But seriously this is Batman not The young and the restless.
Yeah, cos Nolan's Gordon is 100% squeaky clean. All he does is circumvent the rule of law by collaborating with a violent bat-attired vigilante to fight organised crime. And then covers up murders committed by a mentally damaged public official.

If there's one thing we can say about Nolan's characters, its that even the most admirable of them are still far more complex then one dimensional image you've conjured of him there.

Jim Gordon is a human being. Human beings have affairs, even the best ones. It would certainly not be out of character for him to have an affair. In fact it would make him more interesting. Maybe by the time of TDK Rises he and Barbara are separated?

Besides, Oldman's Gordon is heavily influenced by the Batman: Year One Gordon. And he and Essen had an affair in that.

Houdini's Brother wrote:
aononymity wrote:Nolan's Gordan would NEVER cheat. From a writer's perspective it would completely violate the character that Chris has created. Their are certain rules in character development. Gordon cheating (Nolan's version at least) would be completely illogical in accordance with all his previous actions. Now saying that I can see his wife divorcing him though after all she went through in TDK... enter other woman. But seriously this is Batman not The young and the restless.
Yeah, cos Nolan's Gordon is 100% squeaky clean. All he does is circumvent the rule of law by collaborating with a violent bat-attired vigilante to fight organised crime. And then covers up murders committed by a mentally damaged public official.

If there's one thing we can say about Nolan's characters, its that even the most admirable of them are still far more complex then one dimensional image you've conjured of him there.

Jim Gordon is a human being. Human beings have affairs, even the best ones. It would certainly not be out of character for him to have an affair. In fact it would make him more interesting. Maybe by the time of TDK Rises he and Barbara are separated?

Besides, Oldman's Gordon is heavily influenced by the Batman: Year One Gordon. And he and Essen had an affair in that.
Touché
Batman-News.com

cchriswake wrote:I liked the initial poster and got pretty excited about this news... until I saw that it originated from Batman-on-Film.

Yea, BoF isn't exactly the place for any kind of breaking news.

I dunno, subplot affairs never seem interesting to me. Unless you're really exploring the whole thing throughout the film, it gets boring because - due to time constraints - it all usually becomes routine or cliched. They'd have to create a really interesting dynamic for it to work and for me to not count time until the next scene.

TeddyBlass wrote:I dunno, subplot affairs never seem interesting to me. Unless you're really exploring the whole thing throughout the film, it gets boring because due to time constraints it all usually becomes routine or cliched. They'd have to create a really interesting dynamic for it to work and for me to not count time until the next scene.
And since Gordon is a side character, I don't think Nolan would want to focus on an affair subplot for him. Usually almost everything in Nolan's Batman films have a connected theme. What would an affair subplot have to do with Batman getting chased down? But maybe I'm just not using my imagination. D:

chee wrote:
TeddyBlass wrote:I dunno, subplot affairs never seem interesting to me. Unless you're really exploring the whole thing throughout the film, it gets boring because due to time constraints it all usually becomes routine or cliched. They'd have to create a really interesting dynamic for it to work and for me to not count time until the next scene.
And since Gordon is a side character, I don't think Nolan would want to focus on an affair subplot for him. Usually almost everything in Nolan's Batman films have a connected theme. What would an affair subplot have to do with Batman getting chased down? But maybe I'm just not using my imagination. D:
You almost took the words out of my mouth. Nolan has stated this will bring his trilogy to a close, so a side story with Gordon having an affair doesn't seem to make much sense. Batman Begins was all about Batman, The Dark Knight was about Batman/Harvey Dent, I think The Dark Knight Rises will focus on Batman once again. Maybe I'm not using my imagination either though...=\
Batman-News.com