Sarah Essen & Julie Madison in The Dark Knight Rises?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Well, if I had to pick between seeing Catwoman and seeing Gordon having an affair, I think I would prefer Catwoman. Although maybe it would be best to leave both of these options out.

I think the gordon affair think is BS . :oldmanface: is a good guy.Not a wife cheater.

Clown wrote:I think the gordon affair think is BS . :oldmanface: is a good guy.Not a wife cheater.
What about the idea that Barbara packs the kids up & leaves Gotham due to the events of TDK, leaving Gordon all by himself? Since Nolan is being heavily influenced by the Loeb/Sale collaberations, this could be something lifted right out of Dark Victory. That said, Barbara eventually came back to Gotham with the kids so they could be a family, but nevertheless, Barbara's departure could leave room open for Gordon and Essen to develop a relationship.

And if Catwoman is in the film, then that offers up a possible parallel between Batman & Catwoman and Gordon & Essen, with Gordon and Batman, both alone and carrying this war on their shoulders, meet someone in both Essen and Catwoman that can re-assure them that they may not be as alone as they think (also a theme of Dark Victory).

Along with this rumour... the other rumour is that Clay-face will be the main villain... Rumours....pfft. WE need FACT!

Nolan will speak soon...

did everybody forget that in Dark Knight Gordon's commitment to his job and catching the joker had him put his wife through the traumatizing belief that he was killed?

i think that's a legitimate reason to cause some friction in a marriage

talli wrote:did everybody forget that in Dark Knight Gordon's commitment to his job and catching the joker had him put his wife through the traumatizing belief that he was killed?

is that reason worth exploring in the most important comic book film of all time?
that's the question...

OVERMAN wrote:
talli wrote:did everybody forget that in Dark Knight Gordon's commitment to his job and catching the joker had him put his wife through the traumatizing belief that he was killed?

is that reason worth exploring in the most important comic book film of all time?
that's the question...

if it serves the plot...why not?

talli wrote:if it serves the plot...why not?
How does it involve Batman though?

talli wrote:
OVERMAN wrote:
that's the question...

if it serves the plot...why not?
Because it serves the plot only by taking away attention from batman and whoever he is fighting, and instead focusing part of it on the oh-so-fascinating subject of Gordon's love life. In my opinion, with this being the last movie in this huge trilogy, Batman should be the absolute main focus, not a sudden love triangle between supporting characters, especially if it's one that make Gordon seem less likable. Taking into account that it also involves a brand new character, that'd just take up too much screentime to make it work right especially if we'd also be having a love story with batman and another new character as well. It's the end of the story, I don't like or see the logic in the idea of bringing in a whole bunch of new characters like this. That's just my opinion, but really, I'm hoping for this rumor to end up being as fake as those Riddler rumors.