Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Bale visiting the Aurora shooting memorial...

So awesome, amazing and touching. Hugs to you Christian Bale..Hugs to you:-)
Based4Life wrote:Bale visiting the Aurora shooting memorial...

:( :( :(

Good guy...that Christian Bale is.

Flawless.

TalkOnCorners wrote:
Flawless.
He lives a relatively flawless life indeed
"When art imitates life"

I didn't comment in here but I should have:

Bale is an amazing person and one of the BEST actor of the century! No wonder why Nolan always wants to work with him!!

Bruce/Batman was just flawless in TDKR, he brought so much emotions through the whole movies, whether it was angsty or funny, he made my heart melt for him the whole time!

He gave me the Batman I've been wanting to see for a long time, I'll never be thankful enough for that!!

On Christian Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne...
I agree with everyone who was impressed by his performance. We know that Bale is a phenomenal
acting talent, although if he's that intense in real life, probably not fun to live with.
But,
He owned TDKR. I reckon people are complaining about the villain, Bane, because they're comparing him
to Ledger's Joker, but they're missing the point. This is Batman's movie. Ledger stole a fair bit of TDK,
but this film is truly Bale's.

I thought the transformation, from ruined recluse, back to angry (not-so-young) Batman, and then to
absolute defeat, and redemption. Really, the character's story arc is brilliantly portrayed. For example:

- Batman's rage, most of time Batman is operating on pure anger. I loved that "After you tell me
where the trigger is, you have MY permission to die !" while beating on Bane. I hadn't found
Batman's rage quite as believable in Batman Begins, but in this film you can feel it radiating from
the screen.

- the last conversation with Alfred, we really pity Bruce for his self-deception, and when he
wakes up in an empty house the next morning, we feel how alone he's become.

- after his defeat by Bane, Bruce is lying in the prison bed, watching Gotham suffer on TV, the look on his
face is total despair, and you feel his pain. Brilliant pathos.

- that last shot of Batman's face, as he's flying the bomb out of the city. I reckon that's the moment he
decides to keep living, rather than die in the explosion. ( I'm going to start a thread on Bruce's Death wish)
That's the moment he makes the choice Alfred always wanted him to, to move on and have a life. We get all that from the shift in his expressions (pretty good considering he's wearing a mask).

So all in all, I reckon that this was Batman/Bruce's film, and therefore Bale's film.

Breath-taking performance. One of the best from Mister Bale for sure!

Batmannerism wrote:On Christian Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne...
I agree with everyone who was impressed by his performance. We know that Bale is a phenomenal
acting talent, although if he's that intense in real life, probably not fun to live with.
But,
He owned TDKR. I reckon people are complaining about the villain, Bane, because they're comparing him
to Ledger's Joker, but they're missing the point. This is Batman's movie. Ledger stole a fair bit of TDK,
but this film is truly Bale's.

I thought the transformation, from ruined recluse, back to angry (not-so-young) Batman, and then to
absolute defeat, and redemption. Really, the character's story arc is brilliantly portrayed. For example:

- Batman's rage, most of time Batman is operating on pure anger. I loved that "After you tell me
where the trigger is, you have MY permission to die !" while beating on Bane. I hadn't found
Batman's rage quite as believable in Batman Begins, but in this film you can feel it radiating from
the screen.

- the last conversation with Alfred, we really pity Bruce for his self-deception, and when he
wakes up in an empty house the next morning, we feel how alone he's become.

- after his defeat by Bane, Bruce is lying in the prison bed, watching Gotham suffer on TV, the look on his
face is total despair, and you feel his pain. Brilliant pathos.

- that last shot of Batman's face, as he's flying the bomb out of the city. I reckon that's the moment he
decides to keep living, rather than die in the explosion. ( I'm going to start a thread on Bruce's Death wish)
That's the moment he makes the choice Alfred always wanted him to, to move on and have a life. We get all that from the shift in his expressions (pretty good considering he's wearing a mask).

So all in all, I reckon that this was Batman/Bruce's film, and therefore Bale's film.
Very beautifully said, I agree with everything you've just said :clap:
Eventhough I think he was already thinking about living when he got out of the pit and then later on when Selina told him to get away with him before kissing him. He wasn't alone anymore, he had someone to live for, someone who really loved him for who he was.