Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
talli wrote: on SHH somebody said that there's an embargo on press reports from their set visit. So the interviews were probably not supposed to be out till much later.
I just read that as well but thanks for the answer. :) I somehow understand why, eventhough there wasn't much to learn in there...

talli wrote:on SHH somebody said that there's an embargo on press reports from their set visit. So the interviews were probably not supposed to be out till much later.
Yeah Screenrush screwed up big time. I had reported on their Bale/Hathaway interviews on Batman-News.com, and got an email from WB asking me to take it down. These interviews were conducted on a set visit in LA a couple weeks ago, but they weren't supposed to be posted until later next year. Oops!
Batman-News.com
The Premiere Source For All Things Batman
Twitter / Facebook / Google+

Forum Pro
Law
Yeah Screenrush screwed up big time. I had reported on their Bale/Hathaway interviews on Batman-News.com, and got an email from WB asking me to take it down. These interviews were conducted on a set visit in LA a couple weeks ago, but they weren't supposed to be posted until later next year. Oops!
FAIL. good thing i only skimmed through them

TalkOnCorners wrote:
It's possible that the movie will end with him accomplishing what he set out to do as Batman and he can finally quit being Batman and enjoy the things he has sacrificed. OR it can also mean that he will get a taste of that time for a portion of the movie but maybe he has to give it up again?
Knowing Nolan, I'm afraid the second option is more likely. :(
I'm so curious about the reason why Bruce decides to hang up the cape, at least for a while. He did try to stop being Batman and live a "normal" life in TDK, but then Dent and the Joker got in his way. And at the end of the film it looks like he does accept the fact that saving Gotham requires sacrificing of his own personal needs, ambitions and happiness. What will change in TDKR? :think:
Batcat wrote: Lynn,
that's exactly what I'm thinking and this line just kind of make me scared. I completely agree with Bale there, Bruce just spends his time going through so much suffering that for me, there is a moment where he'll deserve happiness. He's just sacrificing himself everyday of his life for Gotham already that's why for me no bigger sacrifice from him could be made (including dying... )
That's a very nice analysis of Bruce's character! :)

Yeah, they failed big time! But I still don't regret reading this interview, it really didn't give much away but was still interesting :P
Lynn wrote:
Knowing Nolan, I'm afraid the second option is more likely. :(
I'm so curious about the reason why Bruce decides to hang up the cape, at least for a while. He did try to stop being Batman and live a "normal" life in TDK, but then Dent and the Joker got in his way. And at the end of the film it looks like he does accept the fact that saving Gotham requires sacrificing of his own personal needs, ambitions and happiness. What will change in TDKR? :think:
Batcat wrote: Lynn,
that's exactly what I'm thinking and this line just kind of make me scared. I completely agree with Bale there, Bruce just spends his time going through so much suffering that for me, there is a moment where he'll deserve happiness. He's just sacrificing himself everyday of his life for Gotham already that's why for me no bigger sacrifice from him could be made (including dying... )
That's a very nice analysis of Bruce's character! :)
I think that in TDKR he might lose someone that's very close to him. Even maybe someone he didn't consider yet like his family... Maybe he will have to watch from a distance this family he could have got?
Thanks very much! :)

Batcat wrote:
I think that in TDKR he might lose someone that's very close to him. Even maybe someone he didn't consider yet like his family... Maybe he will have to watch from a distance this family he could have got?
That kinda happened already in TDK though. He was watching as Rachel started slipping away and moving on to Harvey. Harvey was having the normal life that he wanted.

I wonder how much Bruce/Selina scenes have they shot already. From Bale and Anne's interviews, it doesn't seem much yet. Anne said that most of the scenes she shot were action scenes and few dialogue scenes. Bale said he doesn't know if Bruce will fall for Selina because he's just learning as they go along with the shoot so if he doesn't know yet then it means that they haven't really shot those yet.

TalkOnCorners wrote:
Batcat wrote:
That kinda happened already in TDK though. He was watching as Rachel started slipping away and moving on to Harvey. Harvey was having the normal life that he wanted.

I wonder how much Bruce/Selina scenes have they shot already. From Bale and Anne's interviews, it doesn't seem much yet. Anne said that most of the scenes she shot were action scenes and few dialogue scenes. Bale said he doesn't know if Bruce will fall for Selina because he's just learning as they go along with the shoot so if he doesn't know yet then it means that they haven't really shot those yet.
You're welcome Batcat! And I agree with TalkOnCorners that
Bruce already lost the family he wanted in TDK. For him, Rachel represented his lost childhood and the opportunity to go back to that kind of life again. She basically embodied his life as it was (and as it might have been) without the tragedy of his parents' deaths and everything that followed.

As for Bruce and Selina, yeah, I think most of their scenes together will be filmed in studio.
Has Bale really said he doesn't know yet? From that leaked interview, I got the impression that he did know but didn't want to say anything about it.

TalkOnCorners wrote:

Yeah, but it wasn't really the same with Rachel isn't it? Cause he thought he still had a chance to get a normal life, he thought Rachel would go back to him when he would stop being Batman. That said I hope the story doesn't repeat again for him with someone else.

Bale said he couldn't talk about Bruce/Selina because Nolan and WB didn't want him to, well that's what I understood. I think he already know what scenes he will have with Anne. That said, I remember reading that Anne did more action scenes then dialogue scenes for the moment, isn't it? :think:

So is the interview not online at all? Anywhere?

That's hard to believe. Usually once things are on the web they don't go away.

It's still there. Just google Bale and Screenrush and I'm sure there's some site that still has it.